Tfw you tell Celtic to ram their lowball offers and only have to give St Mirren a bag of Mitre Deltas and a crate of Irn Bru as a sell on when you punt your biggest asset.

IMG_20180808_130852.jpg.4eeddd8fbcd9699c85707c452e534297.jpg

The American move was never happening. It would’ve gone to a tribunal. We had a good negotiating point as no club wants it to go to a tribunal especially when you consider he was at saints from an early age.
Now we look to be getting £120k topped up by another £1m+ pretty good negotiation by the looks of it.
Well that's what he was threatening no?

Fwiw I have zero problem with St Mirren getting a hefty sell on. But I'd wait to see what you actually get before you start working out who you'd spend it on. Petrie specifically stated that the sell on was nowhere near 33%. I would be unsurprised if McGinn was getting a share of the fee for example and that was coming out of either the overall fee or the "33%" rather than Hibs portion. Same with the VAT to be paid. Any of these things will reduce the amount St Mirren will get from a headline 33% on the fee.

3 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Well that's what he was threatening no?

Fwiw I have zero problem with St Mirren getting a hefty sell on. But I'd wait to see what you actually get before you start working out who you'd spend it on. Petrie specifically stated that the sell on was nowhere near 33%. I would be unsurprised if McGinn was getting a share of the fee for example and that was coming out of either the overall fee or the "33%" rather than Hibs portion. Same with the VAT to be paid. Any of these things will reduce the amount St Mirren will get from a headline 33% on the fee.

maxresdefault.jpg

20 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Celtc fans rapidly throwing their toys out the pram now. Suggesting they should ask us for £4m to get Scott Allan has been a highlight. They don’t like not getting their own way (even though McGinn to Villa isn’t even confirmed yet!).

Edit: McGinn having a medical at Aston Villa according to STV.

They seem 50/50 on who to blame, seems evenly split between Celtic hating Petrie and Peter Liewell which is amusing cause they seemed 50/50 on signing him until now, not Celtic class etc.. funny in two years time when he's sold for 20 odd million.

They seem 50/50 on who to blame, seems evenly split between Celtic hating Petrie and Peter Liewell which is amusing cause they seemed 50/50 on signing him until now, not Celtic class etc.. funny in two years time when he's sold for 20 odd million.
Can't wait till Celtic sign him for 12m in 18 months and Hibs get more than Celtic offered via a sell on fee.

Just now, Lebowski said:
18 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Can't wait till Celtic sign him for 12m in 18 months and Hibs get more than Celtic offered via a sell on fee.

We'll be due 33% of that.

No-one will know the cut up as it'll be undisclosed , not until the AGM anyway when the income bit will reveal all. Let's just say I was staying near Lewis Stevenson in Majorca recently , was also on the same flight so I had quite a few chin wags. He brought up the name of Stephen McGinn , said he was a "great player" and said Lennon rated him  , then he moved onto John , by saying he was likely to move on this summer , "St Mirren will be hoping he goes for a few million anyway" he said ! Whatever did he mean by that ? :angel