13 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Despite my constant criticism about him this season and in seasons previously. This guy gets what Hibs are all about. 

I think he is class, and always have done tbh. Newer understood why he is often the scapegoat.

On 16/04/2023 at 19:46, Lyle Lanley said:

Despite my constant criticism about him this season and in seasons previously. This guy gets what Hibs are all about. 

Maybe but the most Hibs/Joe Newell thing to do after saying something like this is to lose/hide at McDiarmid Park. 

If Newell plays like he did on Saturday more often than 1 game in 10, he won't get as much criticism from the likes of you and me. 

I've been making an in-depth study of footage of the Motherwell penalty a couple of weeks back, and of Stevie May's overhead kick at Macdiarmid Park today and I've made a fascinating medical breakthrough. It seems that there may be an as-yet-unknown anatomical deformity that has gone unnoticed in the population at large. One particularly notable sufferer is a successful football goalkeeper, whose identity shall be anonymized as 'Patient M'. The below illustration shows the extent of the deformity.

MarshallSyndrome.thumb.jpg.51434911e4e112270ba1f7336d98ccb8.jpg

I have informed the Lancet, and the Nobel Prize for Medicine awards committee of this important breakthrough, which I'm provisionally naming 'Marshall syndrome', and have informed the Hibernian Football Club medical team that they may need to rectify some of their footballing issues with surgery and/or prosthesis.

Edited by Aim Here

15 hours ago, Aim Here said:

I've been making an in-depth study of footage of the Motherwell penalty a couple of weeks back, and of Stevie May's overhead kick at Macdiarmid Park today and I've made a fascinating medical breakthrough. It seems that there may be an as-yet-unknown anatomical deformity that has gone unnoticed in the population at large. One particularly notable sufferer is a successful football goalkeeper, whose identity shall be anonymized as 'Patient M'. The below illustration shows the extent of the deformity.

MarshallSyndrome.thumb.jpg.51434911e4e112270ba1f7336d98ccb8.jpg

I have informed the Lancet, and the Nobel Prize for Medicine awards committee of this important breakthrough, which I'm provisionally naming 'Marshall syndrome', and have informed the Hibernian Football Club medical team that they may need to rectify some of their footballing issues with surgery and/or prosthesis.

That's 4 that have gone past/under him on that side now in recent weeks, so you might be onto something. 

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Is it just me that sees no issues with this?

I don't really have a problem with it either. 

It appears to me that the club is anticipating poor season ticket sales and this is their way of making up the shortfall. 

1 minute ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I don't really have a problem with it either. 

It appears to me that the club is anticipating poor season ticket sales and this is their way of making up the shortfall. 

I paid £15 for the AST this season and paid £30 for this before the deadline. 

At least now I have an option to miss a game if I can’t make it instead of paying a ticket for that game. Also saves the hassle of trying to get a ticket for Tynecastle and the games in Glasgow. 

Overreaction on Twitter as normal. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

At least now I have an option to miss a game if I can’t make it instead of paying a ticket for that game. Also saves the hassle of trying to get a ticket for Tynecastle and the games in Glasgow. 

It's not just Hibs, Twitter is a seething mess in general. 

22 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

There's a fairly large contingent of Aberdeen fans who think the points scheme we have is unfair.

Mental.

23 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Is it just me that sees no issues with this?

When we launched our "MyGers" membership scheme 3 or 4 seasons ago it seemed like there would be no issues with it either. But then the more experience you have of it you begin to realise it's not perfect.

If it's anything similar, expect issues to arise where people can't accumulate points in order to move up the ranks so to speak because those who already have a higher points total get first dibs on tickets.

That may be emphasised with us due to the demand for tickets, but it's not ideal for everyone.

Brian McDermott new DoF it seems, fairly decent record in management albeit out the game for the past few years.

Been a chief scout with Arsenal until 2020 but looks like he’s been doing consultancy work since, been around the block and will definitely have a good book of contacts, fairly okay with that at this stage but time will tell.

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

Brian McDermott new DoF it seems, fairly decent record in management albeit out the game for the past few years.

Been a chief scout with Arsenal until 2020 but looks like he’s been doing consultancy work since, been around the block and will definitely have a good book of contacts, fairly okay with that at this stage but time will tell.

Pretty happy with that. 

Possible manager if LJ leaves/gets sacked at some point? 

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Pretty happy with that. 

Possible manager if LJ leaves/gets sacked at some point? 

Not so sure if he would want that - hes 62, and it looks to me that he has had great success building "projects".

Quite looking forward to this appointment, its been needed for some time.

I just hope the radge element dont expect instant success.

Spoiler

Which, of course, they will 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Not so sure if he would want that - hes 62, and it looks to me that he has had great success building "projects".

Quite looking forward to this appointment, its been needed for some time.

I just hope the radge element dont expect instant success.

Reveal hidden contents

Which, of course, they will 🤦‍♂️

Some of the radge element on Twitter already moaning. :lol: 

17 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Hasn't been out of the game, just out of management. 

The guy's got a decent scouting CV for sure.