8 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Could do a job off the bench but wont be to replace Nisbet.  A replacement for Doidge more like mate :) 

This must be the plan. The options coming off the bench when we were desperate for a goal against Aberdeen/Hearts were pitiful.

McDermott had him at Reading and appears to love him by all accounts. Can’t hurt to give him a one year deal.

Edited by Zing.

If Jacob Butterfield is anything to go by, Le Fondre will probably still show flashes of old quality but a lack of tempo in Australian football compared to here will mean hes always a half second behind.

So you'll get 12 appearances, 1 goal, and 397 offsides.

Le Fondre is an odd one. We were linked with him constantly about a decade ago to the point it became something of a running joke but he's 36 now, I don't really see what he's going to add at that age? I'd be delighted to be proved wrong of course. 

I've had this grievance stuck in my head for a while now and the Le Fondre signing has tipped me over the edge. 

Lee Johnson came out in the papers at some point last season complaining about the lack of quality in your team and putting it on the new signings not being good enough. 

Who was making those signings if it wasn't him? As the majority reeked of him so I found it absolutely mental that he had came out publicly slating the recruitment.

46 minutes ago, EH75 said:

Le Fondre is an odd one. We were linked with him constantly about a decade ago to the point it became something of a running joke but he's 36 now, I don't really see what he's going to add at that age? I'd be delighted to be proved wrong of course. 

I'm sure he'll be the first player called Glenville to play in Scottish football.

He does have a very good scoring record, but not sure at 36 he'll still have it.

14 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

ALF hasnt been signed for his pace, we have that with Youan and Boyle (when he returns). 

He's there for balls to ping off his erse into the net from 6 yards.

Genius signing imo

Some amount of overreaction on Twitter and on the message boards. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

ALF hasnt been signed for his pace, we have that with Youan and Boyle (when he returns). 

Genius signing imo

Surely you’ll be bringing in a first choice no9 & Le Fondre will be mainly coming off the bench, starting occasionally? 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I've had this grievance stuck in my head for a while now and the Le Fondre signing has tipped me over the edge. 

Lee Johnson came out in the papers at some point last season complaining about the lack of quality in your team and putting it on the new signings not being good enough. 

Who was making those signings if it wasn't him? As the majority reeked of him so I found it absolutely mental that he had came out publicly slating the recruitment.

Ron Gordons lad playing real life football manager is the answer.  

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Genius signing imo

Agree man.  He knows where the goal is and we create loads.  Youan just needs to learn to look up now. 

Kyle Magennis looks to be going to Killie. He looked really good at the start of the 21/22 season but injuries got him again. Would be shocked to see him play anything close to a full season anytime soon. 

9 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Kyle Magennis looks to be going to Killie. He looked really good at the start of the 21/22 season but injuries got him again. Would be shocked to see him play anything close to a full season anytime soon. 

Not that bothered he’s going. Hopefully we use his wages on someone who’s not injury prone.