Got to laugh at the Hearts boys objections to this happening. The 'it will be bad for Hibs'  take is risible and barely conceals the absolute fear that they have not been chosen for the Yankee Dollar. Fan ownership has got you Naismith and that's about the standard you can expect for years to come.

7 minutes ago, Chris Partlow said:

I'm just perplexed that the Hearts boys seem to have intimate knowledge of the exact details of this potential agreement.

There are plenty of examples of how these things work. You'd need to be full Head in the Sand to not see that.

As I mentioned earlier, my main objection would be the fundamental erosion of identity. You're not Hibs for the sake of Hibs anymore. You're Hibs for the betterment of Bournemouth. There's no other reason for this deal to exist.

That doesn't take intimate knowledge of the deal to grasp. And were it Hearts involved, it's the point you'd all be arguing.

Edited by VincentGuerin

I’m a bit bewildered by this news but not in the least bit surprised.
I guess Hibs fans see financial investment as great news.

To me it just sums up how powerful these rich cnuts are buying up or into many fitba clubs like the wee rich kid at school used to do with the Panini stickers. 

Back in the ‘80s I worked with the only Bournemouth fan I’ve ever met.

IIRC they have been in administration twice and never ever won a domestic honour. But now they can easily buy better players than our CL qualifiers. 

Perhaps I’m an auld bugger who prefers to remember the standards of players that Scottish clubs used to produce.
Now a diddy club owner from a seaside town is going to invest into one of our major city clubs with a proud history. 

Fcuk these cnuts. Money and the rich have killed the sport I grew up enjoying.

IMG_5581.thumb.jpeg.bee25ef4c761a7860196c1d18f621d66.jpeg

Edited by Molotov

20 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

There are plenty of examples of how these things work. You'd need to be full Head in the Sand to not see that.

As I mentioned earlier, my main objection would be the fundamental erosion of identity. You're not Hibs for the sake of Hibs anymore. You're Hibs for the betterment of Bournemouth. There's no other reason for this deal to exist.

That doesn't take intimate knowledge of the deal to grasp. And were it Hearts involved, it's the point you'd all be arguing.

Was hearts identity eroded by being a money laundering scheme?

Just now, Judy Murray said:

Was hearts identity eroded by being a money laundering scheme?

It certainly damaged the club's reputation.

This is different, however. This is an undeniable change in Hibernian's role as a club. You now exist for the benefit of another club.

That's simply undeniable. You're third choice in a chain.

I'd imagine away from the bravado of the online world there will be Hibs fans horrified when the reality sets in.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

It certainly damaged the club's reputation.

This is different, however. This is an undeniable change in Hibernian's role as a club. You now exist for the benefit of another club.

That's simply undeniable. You're third choice in a chain.

I'd imagine away from the bravado of the online world there will be Hibs fans horrified when the reality sets in.

Money laundering ok. Investment bad. Thanks for clearing this up 

4 minutes ago, Judy Murray said:

Money laundering ok. Investment bad. Thanks for clearing this up 

I mean, if we're just making things up now...

Of course fans want investment in their club. I think it's interesting that not one P&B Hibby seems to have any issue with your new status. Not that they're prepared to say out loud anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'd imagine most Hearts fans would be happy too, or would say they were. I wouldn't be. I think this diminshes Hibernian as a club.

And the reality is you're likely to end up with a good number of project players from the A-League rather than anyone else. You're third in line. Happy to stick my neck out and say most Hibs fans will regret this in five years. I'd be of the same view were it Hearts.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Think it's fair to say no one knows how this will play out for hibs, but from a hibs perspective, surely any form of inward investment that betters the club and team is no bad thing?

From a neutral perspective, Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen seem to all be kicking onto a different level off the pitch these last few years and while it maybe leaves the rest of us behind off the pitch, it might go someway to closing the gap at the top and making for a more competitive league.

I'd say Rangers and Celtic have about peaked as to how far they can grow (CL money aside), but there is space for everyone else to continue to develop.

If Hibs become a space for Bournmouth to bring in better quality players than Hibs currently have, then is it such a bad thing?

For me, it it was just the case of loaning players, then it would be one if those useless strategic tie ups that pretty much every club has and no one really sees any great benefit, but for him to take a fairly sizable stake, it must be something more than that. 

Fans glee at their club getting more £ is story old as time. People never object no matter source.

It may go well. It may go sour if £ ever dries up.

There will be anger if & when players doing well get handed-on/'playing 2nd fiddle'/over-ruled situations/etc. IMO.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

There's plenty of clubs worldwide who have formal and informal agreements. A wide range of situations with both good and bad outcomes. No one knows the full extent of what this deal entails yet. Your confident assertions that transfer policy and team selection are being handed over to a guy buying a 30% stake in the club are at best, wild speculation at this stage.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

The deal exists because both parties see the benefits of it. This 'fundamental erosion of identity' is nonsense.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I mean, if we're just making things up now...

Of course fans want investment in their club. I think it's interesting that not one P&B Hibby seems to have any issue with your new status. Not that they're prepared to say out loud anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'd imagine most Hearts fans would be happy too, or would say they were. I wouldn't be. I think this diminshes Hibernian as a club.

So basically you are right and everyone else is wrong?

happy classic film GIF

6 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

So basically you are right and everyone else is wrong?

happy classic film GIF

I've not said that at all. People engage with football in different ways and people have different views about all kinds of things. Do you just think the same as all Killie fans on all issues?

For what it's worth, I don't believe that all the Hibbies on here are cool with it, but I doubt any will stick their head above the parapet to say so.

Had a look at the hibs.net thread on it, and there are cautioning voices there, and I've seen some on Twitter. No support is ever going to have one view on this type of thing.

How would you view it if Killie were taken on as a feeder club?

Edited by VincentGuerin

If Hibs and Bournemouth both qualify for the same European competition would there be any issues if the clubs were drawn against each other?

There is a lengthy article on this as it’s a quite common issue given the number of teams working like this.

https://www.farrer.co.uk/news-and-insights/multi-club-ownership-in-football-a-summer-of-discontent/#:~:text=The rise of multi-club ownership&text=The benefits are clear.,with player transfers and loans.