12 minutes ago, Buckets said:

It's unpopular in Scotland but imo from the outside this is part of the reason why it doesn't get tackled properly.

Songs about the IRA and Irish independence are obviously also sung at games as often as those songs heard at Easter Road. But those songs are a separate issue from the vehement anti Catholic and anti Irish racism we hear every weekend. I think you need to tackle them on their own and in a different way. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

They also sing about Orange b*****ds and other shite at Tiny and Killie etc also.   They are as anti-protestant as the rangers are anti-Catholic. 

I was just talking about songs sung about the IRA and Irish independence that I believe is a separate issue and historical topic than the racist songs from the Rangers support.

But in my experience there is much much more of an issue with anti-Catholic and anti-Irish racism than any of the anti-protestant variety. But we can agree to disagree there. 

It would be nice if the rest of the teams in the league followed suit. It might make some of the blazers squirm a bit if Ian Crocker and Eilidh Barbour had to explain on Sky Sports why Ross County and Livingston home games vs the Old Firm are now played in front of nobody.

Sadly, most chairmen are too reliant on the bigot pound and don't give a toss about the away end being trashed and the few remaining home supporters being made to feel miserable when the sectarian circus rolls into town.

The rangers songbook at ER has been noticeably worse post Covid possibly due to their fans not being at Celtic Park twice a season so seeing this as being the next best thing. Think that’s a really good statement from the club and imo we should be giving them the equivalent percentage of the ground after the split (if we make top 6) as we’ve been given at Ibrox at the end of the month. Think that would be something like 300 so stick them up in the top corner of the stand. 

Great to see the club take some sort of action against that scum. Wonder what the response will be.

image.thumb.png.9ca0688ad763a6e3c1ceac1b7cb74ae9.png

oh... Whats that? Bringing up the Cup Final? Getting battered? Nobody likes us? We don't care? Lee Wallace is a grass? No bothered? National enquiry? Lizzies in a box? Moral high ground? 

Spoiler

IMG_2188.png.0ca9f060ba4ca65a65a8cbd88185b88a.png

Quelle surprise....  :lol: 

In all serious though, I'm glad the club have came out with that statement addressing everything, even our own fans scummy behaviour in recent matches.

That's the worst I've seen from an away support at Easter Road. 

Good to see Boyler issue a statment that he is well, horrific to witness live. 

Edited by Ulises de la Cruz

I seen a tweet earlier saying Hibs fans ran on the pitch at the final and headed directly to the disabled section of the rangers support and the valiant bears then ran on to protect them :lol: :lol: 

The real reason there was carnage, as everyone bar the **** and the gunts know was they couldn't take losing and our support getting it right up them for a change so they ran onto the pitch.   Yet they are entitled to enter every ground in Scotland and do whatever they want season after season and get away with it? 

40 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I seen a tweet earlier saying Hibs fans ran on the pitch at the final and headed directly to the disabled section of the rangers support and the valiant bears then ran on to protect them :lol: :lol: 

The real reason there was carnage, as everyone bar the **** and the gunts know was they couldn't take losing and our support getting it right up them for a change so they ran onto the pitch.   Yet they are entitled to enter every ground in Scotland and do whatever they want season after season and get away with it? 

Spot on. 

5 hours ago, Buckets said:

I was just talking about songs sung about the IRA and Irish independence that I believe is a separate issue and historical topic than the racist songs from the Rangers support.

But in my experience there is much much more of an issue with anti-Catholic and anti-Irish racism than any of the anti-protestant variety. But we can agree to disagree there. 

I would say it's even more of an issue tbh.  They are actively singing about a terrorist organisation, glorifying them blowing up innocent civilians.   Is that not worse about chants about racist songs?  Maybe because it was the 70s, 80s, 90s, it doesn't as significant right now but it's the lowest of the low scum.  That and banners supporting terrorists in Israel too.  Flags of Hamas and ETA in their support.  They actively support terrorist organisations.  Sad as f**k and no place in modern day society let alone Scottish football. 

I did wonder when this would happen, and what team would be first to do it. Their fans show up to Mcdiarmid, sing their nonsense and f**k off back to their homes. Enabled by security forces and police, who just want them in and out, and find it too much trouble to actively police them. 

Now, I’m not saying it’s just the old firm, every fanbase has a section that act like complete clowns. However, as mentioned elsewhere it’s gotten worse since Covid. And the old firms larger supports naturally mean more that a larger group of idiots will get their hands on tickets.

It’s gotten more vocal and will only get worse if it’s not tackled. Tickets being cut is one way it needs to be done. 

Will be interested to see if other clubs decide to do the same, but I’m not holding my breath. 

4 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

I would say it's even more of an issue tbh.  They are actively singing about a terrorist organisation, glorifying them blowing up innocent civilians.   Is that not worse about chants about racist songs?  Maybe because it was the 70s, 80s, 90s, it doesn't as significant right now but it's the lowest of the low scum.  That and banners supporting terrorists in Israel too.  Flags of Hamas and ETA in their support.  They actively support terrorist organisations.  Sad as f**k and no place in modern day society let alone Scottish football. 

Yes it is sad and pathetic. But this has been coming for a while. I thought it was a brave decision along at EH11 when Mrs B cut the allocations of the Glasgow clubs but I'm quietly delighted Hibs have elected to do the same. 

Bear in mind the make up of the Directors on the Hibs Board is similar to that on the Hearts Board. Typically you have the fan Rep who is usually out of their depth, the local business people made good, merchant company types and partners in Edinburgh law/investment firms and now the rich benefactor (Anderson/Foley). We do have to sort out out own house as well but the mood music from the Board is that they will no longer put up with this crap from mainly Rangers fans but also Celtic fans too. The sectarianism and tedious political crap generally gets on everyone's tits and don't forget the other issue is the stadium damage that happens every single time they come to ER or Tynecastle.  

It's even more important than ever that ourselves and Hearts protect the Edinburgh Derby to keep it as it is. 

Edited by AndyM

24 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I did wonder when this would happen, and what team would be first to do it. Their fans show up to Mcdiarmid, sing their nonsense and f**k off back to their homes. Enabled by security forces and police, who just want them in and out, and find it too much trouble to actively police them. 

Now, I’m not saying it’s just the old firm, every fanbase has a section that act like complete clowns. However, as mentioned elsewhere it’s gotten worse since Covid. And the old firms larger supports naturally mean more that a larger group of idiots will get their hands on tickets.

It’s gotten more vocal and will only get worse if it’s not tackled. Tickets being cut is one way it needs to be done. 

Will be interested to see if other clubs decide to do the same, but I’m not holding my breath. 

Although, to be fair, Hearts and St Mirren have already cut allocations.

9 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

They also sing about Orange b*****ds and other shite at Tiny and Killie etc also.   They are as anti-protestant as the rangers are anti-Catholic. 

I'm not going to pretend there aren't bigots in our support but this is absolutely wild. The anti-catholic stuff at Rangers comes from an extension of feeling in Scottish society, there never really had been any anti-protestant agenda of any significance in Scotland that I can really think of tbh. You've only to look at the employment history of the two clubs to know you're talking nonsense.

Great move by Hibs, it’s interesting to see the cheeks are bringing up past behaviour from Hibs to somehow mean they shouldn’t be throwing stones and allow their sad songs. What they forget is that they started cutting away allocation by stopping their opposition coming altogether and The Rangers refused to sell tickets recently in case risk fans had tickets. I hope this is a watershed moment for them but very much doubt they believe they’re doing anything wrong. 

Whataboutery is the main reason this problem has never been dealt with - it's the only defence. Like a cornered rat attacking.

24 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I'm not going to pretend there aren't bigots in our support but this is absolutely wild. The anti-catholic stuff at Rangers comes from an extension of feeling in Scottish society, there never really had been any anti-protestant agenda of any significance in Scotland that I can really think of tbh. You've only to look at the employment history of the two clubs to know you're talking nonsense.

My wife (not interested in fitba) asked me about the differences last night.

What I told her is that Rangers are on a vastly different level - their behaviour, bigotry, songbook, and everything else has to be seen to be believed.

Celtic are - imv - not as bad, however even if you discount the IRA songbook (which exists) the general behaviour of Celtic fans at ER and elsewhere has been shocking for years. Overcrowding (due to doubling up at turnstyles) seems an accepted thing, this pishing, shiting and fighting in the streets, scaring the life out of ordinary people -  is simply unacceptable and they appear to be untouchable by the Police.

All other clubs are generally fine -yes we have the odd issue between our arseholes and hearts arseholes - but its light years away from you pair.

The reduction in tickets has been a long time coming, I know that the two clubs have been spoken to "behind the scenes" and have just shrugged their collective shoulders.

They cant complain now, they have had decades to deal with it.

Can't all teams ban the old firm fans and just have rather obese cardboard cut outs in the away end - a bit like during covid!?

Just call me Neil Doncaster. 

1 minute ago, Girth said:

Can't all teams ban the old firm fans and just have rather obese cardboard cut outs in the away end - a bit like during covid!?

Just call me Neil Doncaster. 

OK. You’re Neil Doncaster.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I'd agree with you and I've never ever had the same sort of issue with Celtic fans as I do with the blue mob. That's nothing to do with our club's common ancestry it's more to do with what I have witnessed at matches.  The boring political crap and IRA chanting (that was a dead duck at ER by the late 70s) as well as stadium damage has become too much for our club to put up with. 

Rangers however are on a whole different level and their behaviour at ER at the weekend barely qualified as human.

1 minute ago, AndyM said:

I'd agree with you and I've never ever had the same sort of issue with Celtic fans as I do with the blue mob. That's nothing to do with our club's common ancestry it's more to do with what I have witnessed at matches.  The boring political crap and IRA chanting (that was a dead duck at ER by the late 70s) as well as stadium damage has become too much for our club to put up with. 

Rangers however are on a whole different level and their behaviour at ER at the weekend barely qualified as human.

While the 'chanting' doesn't seem to be on the same level from Celtic fans, their general behaviour is as bad, if not worse at Easter Road. 

Every single home match after they've visited Easter Road there are swathes of damaged seats taped off. I live pretty close to the stadium and the areas surrounding it are always in a far worse state after they've visited than any other support.

You hear tales of stewarding and access issues in the away end after most of their visits but, once again, a lot of this has been brought upon themselves due to the doubling up at turnstiles. 

Delighted that the allocations have been cut for all of the reasons stated above & also, what a boost it must be for both sides seeing 4,000 of their lot filling that away end. I doubt results would be wildly different but can you imagine the lift opposing teams in Glasgow would get if there was a visibly large away support? 

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Sadly i think we're likely to increase their allocation more than anything next season*

*if we stay up/depending on any new owners thoughts