1 minute ago, Girth said:

Can't all teams ban the old firm fans and just have rather obese cardboard cut outs in the away end - a bit like during covid!?

Just call me Neil Doncaster. 

OK. You’re Neil Doncaster.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I'm not going to pretend there aren't bigots in our support but this is absolutely wild. The anti-catholic stuff at Rangers comes from an extension of feeling in Scottish society, there never really had been any anti-protestant agenda of any significance in Scotland that I can really think of tbh. You've only to look at the employment history of the two clubs to know you're talking nonsense.

I'd agree with you and I've never ever had the same sort of issue with Celtic fans as I do with the blue mob. That's nothing to do with our club's common ancestry it's more to do with what I have witnessed at matches.  The boring political crap and IRA chanting (that was a dead duck at ER by the late 70s) as well as stadium damage has become too much for our club to put up with. 

Rangers however are on a whole different level and their behaviour at ER at the weekend barely qualified as human.

1 minute ago, AndyM said:

I'd agree with you and I've never ever had the same sort of issue with Celtic fans as I do with the blue mob. That's nothing to do with our club's common ancestry it's more to do with what I have witnessed at matches.  The boring political crap and IRA chanting (that was a dead duck at ER by the late 70s) as well as stadium damage has become too much for our club to put up with. 

Rangers however are on a whole different level and their behaviour at ER at the weekend barely qualified as human.

While the 'chanting' doesn't seem to be on the same level from Celtic fans, their general behaviour is as bad, if not worse at Easter Road. 

Every single home match after they've visited Easter Road there are swathes of damaged seats taped off. I live pretty close to the stadium and the areas surrounding it are always in a far worse state after they've visited than any other support.

You hear tales of stewarding and access issues in the away end after most of their visits but, once again, a lot of this has been brought upon themselves due to the doubling up at turnstiles. 

Delighted that the allocations have been cut for all of the reasons stated above & also, what a boost it must be for both sides seeing 4,000 of their lot filling that away end. I doubt results would be wildly different but can you imagine the lift opposing teams in Glasgow would get if there was a visibly large away support? 

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Will be interested to see if other clubs decide to do the same, but I’m not holding my breath. 

Sadly i think we're likely to increase their allocation more than anything next season*

*if we stay up/depending on any new owners thoughts

The logical follow-up by Hibs is now to reward well-behaving away supports with a larger allocation, those who spend their time being morose, rather than malevolent.

Spoiler

Aberdeen FC on X: "👏 Thanks to the 1,918 Aberdeen fans who travelled to  support the team yesterday at Easter Road! #StandFree  https://t.co/SlrHJswuW1" / X

In an ideal Scottish Football world where petty self interest wasn't the norm, all other non-OF clubs would come out today and echo what Hibs have done as it's not really enough for one club to stick their head above the parapet. 

St Mirren, Hearts and Motherwell have all lowered the OF away allocation in recent years (at a financial cost in Motherwell's case) but in linking it implicitly to the sort of sectarian shite that we're all subjected to whenever the forces of darkness visit, Hibs have gone a step further and really deserve to be supported in that. 

I think the experience at Hearts and Saints (and soon Hibs) will mirror ours - reducing OF allocation is overwhelmingly popular with the core support of the club and is taken as the club acting in their own supporters' best interests.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

My wife (not interested in fitba) asked me about the differences last night.

What I told her is that Rangers are on a vastly different level - their behaviour, bigotry, songbook, and everything else has to be seen to be believed.

I've had this exact conversation with my wife (also not interested in football). Rangers games undoubtedly bring out peak-arseholery in our support, but the bile from the other end at those games is just relentless.

7 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

I would say it's even more of an issue tbh.  They are actively singing about a terrorist organisation, glorifying them blowing up innocent civilians.   Is that not worse about chants about racist songs?  Maybe because it was the 70s, 80s, 90s, it doesn't as significant right now but it's the lowest of the low scum.  That and banners supporting terrorists in Israel too.  Flags of Hamas and ETA in their support.  They actively support terrorist organisations.  Sad as f**k and no place in modern day society let alone Scottish football. 

Palestine and Basque Country flags are not Hamas and ETA flags.

7 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

I would say it's even more of an issue tbh.  They are actively singing about a terrorist organisation, glorifying them blowing up innocent civilians.   Is that not worse about chants about racist songs?  Maybe because it was the 70s, 80s, 90s, it doesn't as significant right now but it's the lowest of the low scum.  That and banners supporting terrorists in Israel too.  Flags of Hamas and ETA in their support.  They actively support terrorist organisations.  Sad as f**k and no place in modern day society let alone Scottish football. 

Eh, really?

You'll have pics of actual Hamas and ETA 'flags' in the Celtic support?

Good of Hibs to bring up sectarianism in their criticism of the Rangers away support as well as acknowledging that their own fans have issues to address.

More clubs should do it even it means taking a hit. Hearts can, though don't always, fill the section that away fans used to have. For me, I don't want to attend games with the Cheeks and certainly don't want to expose my kids to their toxic atmosphere. The bams in our own support also tend to crawl out for these games.

Killie reduced  OF tickets by half a few years ago and the overwhelming feedback from our support has been very positive.

It had been clear for many years that many season ticket holders chose not to attend these games due to the vile atmosphere created by both sets of scummy fans, but now more are returning and the atmosphere within the ground has hugely improved.

Great decision by Hibs.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

In an ideal Scottish Football world where petty self interest wasn't the norm, all other non-OF clubs would come out today and echo what Hibs have done as it's not really enough for one club to stick their head above the parapet. 

St Mirren, Hearts and Motherwell have all lowered the OF away allocation in recent years (at a financial cost in Motherwell's case) but in linking it implicitly to the sort of sectarian shite that we're all subjected to whenever the forces of darkness visit, Hibs have gone a step further and really deserve to be supported in that. 

I think the experience at Hearts and Saints (and soon Hibs) will mirror ours - reducing OF allocation is overwhelmingly popular with the core support of the club and is taken as the club acting in their own supporters' best interests.

In an ideal Scottish Football world the other clubs, nor Hibs in the first place, should need to be relied on to call out this behaviour anyway. This should be called out and dealt with by the governing bodies and the offending clubs punished accordingly.

Well played Hibs for highlighting sectarianism as one of the reasons for taking this action.

In a normal country this would trigger debate and action from the governing bodies, police, government and broadcasters but we know that wont happen. Look at the media response so far, no one coming out and saying Hibs are correct and that this has being going on for too long and needs to be addressed. Just completely ignored.

Crazy to think that you can sit through 90 mins of religious based nonsense and not hear a peep but last night get an apology from the BBC that you may have heard Lawrence Shankland being called a w****r for 10 seconds.

27 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Killie reduced  OF tickets by half a few years ago and the overwhelming feedback from our support has been very positive.

It had been clear for many years that many season ticket holders chose not to attend these games due to the vile atmosphere created by both sets of scummy fans, but now more are returning and the atmosphere within the ground has hugely improved.

Great decision by Hibs.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Good to hear it.

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

The reduction in tickets has been a long time coming, I know that the two clubs have been spoken to "behind the scenes" and have just shrugged their collective shoulders.

They cant complain now, they have had decades to deal with it.

Exactly so.  

Well done Hibs, good to see clubs refusing to put up with this shite.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68542255

The Scottish FA has asked Hibernian to present its views on unacceptable fan behaviour to a committee that looks at rule changes within football.

SFA should be ashamed of theirselves. This has been going on for decades. 

9 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

IRA sympathising has become acceptable in Scottish society.

5 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

What is the easier option for Hibs board:

Actually having a better recruitment policy, hiring better managers and beating us on the park

Or

Cutting our allocation.

It's an easy distraction for the board.

Both.