2 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Out of interest, given that Foley wants us to become the indisputable third force in Scottish football, 🤣🤣🤣 who in our current squad do you reckon could get us there?

I'll go first:

1. Maolida

That's it. 

Any others?

Maolida, Marcondes, Welsh, Obita, Boyle and ALF as back-up. 

39 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Boyle? That's interesting. I'd argue that he's finished. I understand all the others. 

Boyle would still be a decent player to have and is good back-up. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

12 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Boyle would stil be a decent player to have and is good back-up. 

Fair enough. I think his legs are completely gone and defenders have no problem catching him any more. For a guy who based his entire game on speed, that's an issue and as our highest paid player, he needs to go. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Fair enough. I think his legs are completely gone and defenders have no problem catching him any more. For a guy who based his entire game on speed, that's an issue and as our highest paid player, he needs to go. 

I’d like to see us make massive changes to the playing squad on the summer but I think we’ll still have half of this squad next season. 

No Monty announcement yet. 

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I’d like to see us make massive changes to the playing squad on the summer but I think we’ll still have half of this squad next season. 

No Monty announcement yet. 

Do you reckon we're keeping him?

2 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Do you reckon we're keeping him?

If he was being punted, I think an announcement would have been made by now unless the board are still considering it. 

14 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Agreed, he's either got til the end of the season or he's staying. 

We did sack Shaun Maloney on a Tuesday so who knows. 

No issues with ditching Boyle either btw.

He's been a decent servant, but he's offering less and less now.

16 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

If he was being punted, I think an announcement would have been made by now unless the board are still considering it. 

Not sure about that @Lyle Lanley  Nothing will happen till there is a board meeting and I wouldn't expect that meeting to happen till sometime this week when the ramifications of the Bottom 6 are assessed (i.e financial implications of missing out on home games with one of the uglies and a home derby).

Failing to finish Top 6 got Wee Shaun his jotters. The precedent was set. I don't see how they can keep him and there is 2 weeks till the next game.

5 hours ago, AndyM said:

Not sure about that @Lyle Lanley  Nothing will happen till there is a board meeting and I wouldn't expect that meeting to happen till sometime this week when the ramifications of the Bottom 6 are assessed (i.e financial implications of missing out on home games with one of the uglies and a home derby).

Failing to finish Top 6 got Wee Shaun his jotters. The precedent was set. I don't see how they can keep him and there is 2 weeks till the next game.

45 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Absolutely Tommy. Once their findings are complete then the recommendations on Kensall, Monty and others will be actioned. Could be minor surgery or it could be a bloodbath.

39 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Absolutely Tommy. Once their findings are complete then the recommendations on Kensall, Monty and others will be actioned. Could be minor surgery or it could be a bloodbath.

I doubt anything will happen. Montgomery should count himself lucky, though. He has had longer than Maloney, was better backed in January and has sill finished bottom six. Maloney was sacked for less.

No way they sack Kensell, the Gordon's love him.

44 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

I doubt anything will happen. Montgomery should count himself lucky, though. He has had longer than Maloney, was better backed in January and has sill finished bottom six. Maloney was sacked for less.

No way they sack Kensell, the Gordon's love him.

It may depend how much the Black Knights group kick off with the Gordons.  None of them are in this for Hibs to be finishing Bottom 6.  It's been 3 years since Jack Ross finished 3rd and it's been bang average to failure ever since.

23 minutes ago, AndyM said:

It may depend how much the Black Knights group kick off with the Gordons.  None of them are in this for Hibs to be finishing Bottom 6.  It's been 3 years since Jack Ross finished 3rd and it's been bang average to failure ever since.

tbf, bang average failure describes the larger part of our entire history. 

31 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

tbf, bang average failure describes the larger part of our entire history. 

As cocky as they are it's mostly the same with the West Edinburgh mob too...