45 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Absolutely Tommy. Once their findings are complete then the recommendations on Kensall, Monty and others will be actioned. Could be minor surgery or it could be a bloodbath.

39 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Absolutely Tommy. Once their findings are complete then the recommendations on Kensall, Monty and others will be actioned. Could be minor surgery or it could be a bloodbath.

I doubt anything will happen. Montgomery should count himself lucky, though. He has had longer than Maloney, was better backed in January and has sill finished bottom six. Maloney was sacked for less.

No way they sack Kensell, the Gordon's love him.

44 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

I doubt anything will happen. Montgomery should count himself lucky, though. He has had longer than Maloney, was better backed in January and has sill finished bottom six. Maloney was sacked for less.

No way they sack Kensell, the Gordon's love him.

It may depend how much the Black Knights group kick off with the Gordons.  None of them are in this for Hibs to be finishing Bottom 6.  It's been 3 years since Jack Ross finished 3rd and it's been bang average to failure ever since.

23 minutes ago, AndyM said:

It may depend how much the Black Knights group kick off with the Gordons.  None of them are in this for Hibs to be finishing Bottom 6.  It's been 3 years since Jack Ross finished 3rd and it's been bang average to failure ever since.

tbf, bang average failure describes the larger part of our entire history. 

31 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

tbf, bang average failure describes the larger part of our entire history. 

As cocky as they are it's mostly the same with the West Edinburgh mob too... 

On 15/04/2024 at 12:59, Tommy Tappin said:

Out of interest, given that Foley wants us to become the indisputable third force in Scottish football, 🤣🤣🤣 who in our current squad do you reckon could get us there?

I'll go first:

1. Maolida

That's it. 

Any others?

If Chris Cadden could stay fit and well, I would take him at Hearts.

La Fondre as an impact sub, possibly.

Really not seeing anything else I would take.

On 15/04/2024 at 16:25, Crawford Bridge said:

I know it's an unpopular opinion but @Tommy Tappin is right about Boyle.

His legs are gone and he's wasteful. His enormous wages could be better used elsewhere.

It is neither popular nor unpopular. It is a stone cold fact. Boyle is shite now.

10 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

It is neither popular nor unpopular. It is a stone cold fact. Boyle is shite now.

And a more nuanced study of Boyle would show he has had a number of assists to other scoring players this season. 

However there is no doubt he has lost a half yard of pace owing to the number of injuries he has sustained in the last few seasons mainly from the treatment he gets from Scottish defenders. If he was "shite" as you suggest he wouldn't still be getting international call ups.

56 minutes ago, AndyM said:

And a more nuanced study of Boyle would show he has had a number of assists to other scoring players this season. 

However there is no doubt he has lost a half yard of pace owing to the number of injuries he has sustained in the last few seasons mainly from the treatment he gets from Scottish defenders. If he was "shite" as you suggest he wouldn't still be getting international call ups.

😂. More likely contributed to by his incessant theatrical pratfalls. If he just stayed on his feet with every imagined or innocuous of touches, he would be sparing his joints from further unnecessary impact. 

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

As cocky as they are it's mostly the same with the West Edinburgh mob too... 

Absolutely. The only difference being that they think that third is an achievement. That said, if we ever get round to reaching the dizzy heights of third again in the future, we'll probably get drunk off it too. 

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Looks like Monty is being kept on. 

It’s hardly a massive vote of confidence. I think he’s very likely to get binned at the end of the season when this review is done, along with McDermott.

6 minutes ago, Zing. said:

It’s hardly a massive vote of confidence. I think he’s very likely to get binned at the end of the season when this review is done, along with McDermott.

If the club say they’re going to improve everything they said in that statement. I’ll wait and see what happens before I start praising them again. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

In my personal experience, any organisation that starts giving out "improvement plan" is one to leave as soon as you can.  Most folk can't leave with a decent payoff like a football manager.

I thought part of the investment from the BK group was conditional on them not having any say or authority on the football side of the club?

That statement sounds very much like they are heavily involved.

Think it's a bit of a shite statement tbh. Touch of arrogance that you are somehow above a bottom 6 finish, and it doesn't do anything for Montgomery's position either way. 

Back him or get rid surely? Instead that reads like he's left in limbo and leaves him open to shite questions from the press for the remanider of the season making it even harder for him.

Sack the f**k hibs.  jeezo.

This seems the same shite when we waited fucking ages for a director of football when the team on the pitch was pish and all we needed to do was be patient.  We are most patient c***s in the world.

They should have just said "sorry support for another shite season, gies your season ticket dosh and shut your mouths".