17 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I thought part of the investment from the BK group was conditional on them not having any say or authority on the football side of the club?

That statement sounds very much like they are heavily involved.

Think it's a bit of a shite statement tbh. Touch of arrogance that you are somehow above a bottom 6 finish, and it doesn't do anything for Montgomery's position either way. 

Back him or get rid surely? Instead that reads like he's left in limbo and leaves him open to shite questions from the press for the remanider of the season making it even harder for him.

The p***k should quit if it's too much for him.  f**k feeling sorry for a pish underperforming manager who has made a fortune over playing and managing in fitba. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

The p***k should quit if it's too much for him.  f**k feeling sorry for a pish underperforming manager who has made a fortune over playing and managing in fitba. 

I don't feel sorry for him tbf 😂

But it's not a very good statement from an employer IMO.

18 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I thought part of the investment from the BK group was conditional on them not having any say or authority on the football side of the club?

That statement sounds very much like they are heavily involved.

Think it's a bit of a shite statement tbh. Touch of arrogance that you are somehow above a bottom 6 finish, and it doesn't do anything for Montgomery's position either way. 

Back him or get rid surely? Instead that reads like he's left in limbo and leaves him open to shite questions from the press for the remanider of the season making it even harder for him.

They are conducting a review and feeding back to the board as a whole, not making any final decisions.

Do I believe that for a second? No probably not. As soon as the deal went through Foley and another from the group were straight onto the board. They’ll have a say in the direction we go in next but obviously won’t be seen to make any of the final decisions themselves.

As long as Benjamin Kensell and Ian Gordon are miles away from the football department I’ll be happy enough.

Its shite for Montgomery and doesn’t give me much hope for many points over the next five games, 11th isn’t out the question…

4 minutes ago, Zing. said:

They are conducting a review and feeding back to the board as a whole, not making any final decisions.

Do I believe that for a second? No probably not. As soon as the deal went through Foley and another from the group were straight onto the board. They’ll have a say in the direction we go in next but obviously won’t be seen to make any of the final decisions themselves.

As long as Benjamin Kensell and Ian Gordon are miles away from the football department I’ll be happy enough.

Its shite for Montgomery and doesn’t give me much hope for many points over the next five games, 11th isn’t out the question…

Lots of media etc saying things like Montgomery is "under Foley's microscope" and reporting that he/BK group aren't happy. 

That's not sustainable surely without it being obvious?

I mean clearly they'll say one thing while doing another, but the SFA are surely monitoring the situation given dual ownership is a new thing.

Then again, that'd rely on them being remotely competent.

56 minutes ago, Zing. said:

You would have thought they would have done some review before investing. 

f**k Montgomery, no sympathy for the guy at all, he's a total fraud.

52 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Lots of media etc saying things like Montgomery is "under Foley's microscope" and reporting that he/BK group aren't happy. 

That's not sustainable surely without it being obvious?

I mean clearly they'll say one thing while doing another, but the SFA are surely monitoring the situation given dual ownership is a new thing.

Then again, that'd rely on them being remotely competent.

The media are merely guessing based on the statement.  The dinnae have a clue.

26 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

The media are merely guessing based on the statement.  The dinnae have a clue.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out BK are involved in football decisions though does it?

Though I doubt the SFA are even remotely interested tbh, was more just curious about the situation.

1 hour ago, Tommy Tappin said:

'Here are 5 dead rubbers Monty, go win them and help your agent find you your next job. Then we can say that after review, we've chosen to go a different way and you can leave with some grace. Saves us sacking you.' 

Get him to f**k now. Why are we waiting to sack him when we all know it's going to happen. 

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

You would have thought they would have done some review before investing. 

f**k Montgomery, no sympathy for the guy at all, he's a total fraud.

Hopefully this review will also see the back of Ben Kensell too. 

9 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out BK are involved in football decisions though does it?

Though I doubt the SFA are even remotely interested tbh, was more just curious about the situation.

Of course they're involved. I'd say they're now pulling the strings as far as the future football direction goes. Personally I'm all for it. 

Whilst Monty has been given the next 5 games to get results BK are probably already sourcing his replacement as well as that of several others in the football department. No great secret that the Director of Football McDermott will retire/move on as he's out of contract in the summer. Again his replacement will be sourced by BK. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Another sacking? Don't think he needs a full season out the way to ditch some driftwood? 

Just seems Hibs keep sacking managers and appointing more of the same quality.

One of my main gripes with Montgomery is that his answer to our defensive problems was Triantis. He’s come in and been rotten so we’ve had to keep watching Fish/Rocky every week shipping soft as f**k goals. Why they didn’t try to properly address the main problem area in the team in January I’ll never know.

I think any manager of Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts that finishes in the bottom six would be extremely lucky to keep their job having had the amount of the season in charge that Monty has. The squad isn’t brilliant but it’s good enough for at least 6th, Lee Johnson managed it with a worse squad.

10 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

You are not wrong, and tbh its my guess that the SFA knew this was the case but couldnt acknowledge it.

All this does is confirm what we all knew.

In better news, due to holidays I wont see us again this season.

Looking forward to the League Cup Group Stages.............................

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

6 minutes ago, Zing. said:

One of my main gripes with Montgomery is that his answer to our defensive problems was Triantis. He’s come in and been rotten so we’ve had to keep watching Fish/Rocky every week shipping soft as f**k goals. Why they didn’t try to properly address the main problem area in the team in January I’ll never know.

I think any manager of Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts that finishes in the bottom six would be extremely lucky to keep their job having had the amount of the season in charge that Monty has. The squad isn’t brilliant but it’s good enough for at least 6th, Lee Johnson managed it with a worse squad.

From the small amount I've seen, he's tried to implement a style that didn't suit his squad.

So many managers make this mistake that it baffles me.

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

From the small amount I've seen, he's tried to implement a style that didn't suit his squad.

Watching Fish and especially Rocky trying to play the ball out from the back is painful. Triantis is better on the ball but cannot defend at all.

We’ve got some good players up top and score plenty goals but the way he has us playing puts us under so much pressure defensively. The game we beat Aberdeen 2-0 was laughable, put about three or four on a plate for Miovski by trying to play out and he somehow missed them all.

3 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Watching Fish and especially Rocky trying to play the ball out from the back is painful. Triantis is better on the ball but cannot defend at all.

We’ve got some good players up top and score plenty goals but the way he has us playing puts us under so much pressure defensively. The game we beat Aberdeen 2-0 was laughable, put about three or four on a plate for Miovski by trying to play out and he somehow missed them all.

Aye, that was a bizarre scoreline based one the game itself.

He had Marshall playing it in to Newell and Levitt was playing further up the park. To me, you swap those two in the middle for a start.

I've posted it elsewhere on here, and it's an extreme example, but Arsenal have established themselves as one of the best teams in the Barclays again. It was a slow build, Arteta didn't try to play the way they do immediately. He worked with what he had and made it work before adding the players here and there.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

That is on the people who appointed him in my opinion. These things should be taken into consideration when appointing a new manager, matching their style of play with the squad you have.

3 hours ago, AndyM said:

Of course they're involved. I'd say they're now pulling the strings as far as the future football direction goes. Personally I'm all for it. 

Whilst Monty has been given the next 5 games to get results BK are probably already sourcing his replacement as well as that of several others in the football department. No great secret that the Director of Football McDermott will retire/move on as he's out of contract in the summer. Again his replacement will be sourced by BK. 

Well quite, but that was kind of my point. In order for the investment to be ratified they had to prove to the SFA they'd not be involved in running the footballing side of the club, which is exactly what they seem to be doing mere months after getting involved. Interesting to see if the SFA are bothered or not.

13 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Of course they will be involved, there are two directors from them on our board.  If the SFA are sound with that then it's free reign really.

I couldn't give a shit personally, I just want a half decent team on the pitch and to give you c***s a run for your money.