On 21/04/2024 at 10:31, D Angelo Barksdale said:

Heard on the grapevine this morning...

Monty's hoose in Haddington is up for sale th02.png.000431989c35d13ae2652fcc330f742b.png

Malky MacKay being considered th06.png.f28f3818cdda458cb06d49f1ea1ff6ff.png

That temporary membership of the Stormfront forum really paid off here.

#ITK

Posted (edited)

Malky MacKay, eh? Makes sense I suppose… guessing all the well-publicised racism from the fans over the last couple of decades helped make up his mind. 

Hibs, man… this is all better than I ever could have imagined. 

Edited by Kyle Reese

I’ve reconsidered my initial reaction to this news, and now decided it’s an excellent appointment, as it means he’s unlikely to be available when we inevitably sack Goodwin early next season

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Oft big racist Malky. Not ideal.

That pretty unchanged sums up Mackay’s entire tenure at County up.

I’m torn between laughing at Hibs and feeling sorry for them.  The inevitability of Mackay being their next hoof ball coach after the future appointment inevitably fails is… quite something. 

Edit: after the Dhanda incident was so well handled by Hibs as well, to follow it up with this is… also quite something.  

Edited by Savage Henry

3 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

I think that’s me done for the time being.

Need to think it over but 20 years as a season ticket holder and that’s all of our group that go cancelling our season tickets in all likelihood.

I can’t give money and support a club that can give a man like that a job at such a senior position.

Last week one of our supporters racially abused an opposition player, he would have been given a lifetime ban, then a week later we’ve hired someone who has said a lot worse than what was said in Dingwall.

Relegation, I continued to go, Covid, I continued to pay my season ticket, employing a racist in a senior position, I can’t continue to support the club while that’s allowed to happen, couldn’t care less if we finish 3rd and win the cup next year, while he’s employed in a senior position we’re not a club I don’t want to be part of.

I think it’s a fair enough stance to take but not one I’ll join in with myself. I supported the national team when he was in a high ranking position and I’ve continued to support Hibs when we’ve had a number of players at the club with various off field indiscretions of varying severity.

It’s an appointment we could’ve easily avoided and it’ll bring unnecessary attention to the club but I’ll still support the team I love, unfortunately for me.

Incoming marquee signings of Jack Burroughs and Kazeem Olaigbe next season.

What on earth would make Hibs do something this staggeringly, mindblowingly stupid?

Even if you ignore all the baggage about him, which you shouldn't, he's a shitebag, his recruitment at County was not exactly great outside of some exceptions.

It's grim that he's already back working in Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

I think it’s a fair enough stance to take but not one I’ll join in with myself. I supported the national team when he was in a high ranking position and I’ve continued to support Hibs when we’ve had a number of players at the club with various off field indiscretions of varying severity.

It’s an appointment we could’ve easily avoided and it’ll bring unnecessary attention to the club but I’ll still support the team I love, unfortunately for me.

Fair enough, interesting point regarding the national team, think I possibly was at games while he was employed but I would have been 21/22 and probably too naive to consider it.

I will still follow from afar and want the team to do well and I will return once he goes, I’ll be supporting Hibs far longer than he’ll be at the club, I just can’t in good faith pay towards the wages of this man.

Away from the obvious reasons as to why he shouldn’t be here, he didn’t do anything that was particularly good whilst in a similar role at the SFA did he? I also carried on going to Scotland games whilst he was there but if I didn’t already have my season ticket sorted for next year I’d probably not be bothering. Can’t remember feeling as out of touch with the club as I have over the last couple of years.

Initial reaction is a LOL but truth be told that subsided quickly thinking about all the well balanced fans who will rightly make the decision to step away given the appointment of a known racist.

Hopefully your fans group / trust can step in with a clear statement but don’t know how much good it will do. 

Shame on the owners. Football is so important to folk to do this to them.

Sorry lads. 

Just now, mcginns said:

Malky MacKay oh FFS

Absolutely random decision from the Hibs board.

It’s not random at all though, is it?  They’ve obviously weighed the pros and cons and decided he’s the best man for the job.  Even without his controversial past (and I realise how much privilege it requires to say that), he’s an absolutely hopeless manager, and his “contacts” are basically under 21s in the  English lower leagues who will never make it.  He’s a fraud.  

23 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Initial reaction is a LOL but truth be told that subsided quickly thinking about all the well balanced fans who will rightly make the decision to step away given the appointment of a known racist.

Hopefully your fans group / trust can step in with a clear statement but don’t know how much good it will do. 

Shame on the owners. Football is so important to folk to do this to them.

Sorry lads. 

have to admit im rather enjoying all the woke snowflakes loosing their shit thou  😀