A sad day, it's going to be very difficult to replace his goals and perhaps more importantly, flames banter.

Add me to the list who has no faith in Lennon to do a good job of replacing him well. I guarantee the c**t is trying to get his 2005 sim card into a smart phone right now so he can have a wee browse through the contact list. Scott McDonald, Henri Camara and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink on trial by the end of the week. nap.

As for Cumdog, I hope he does well. Could've left last year, stuck about, put up with Lennon having a raging stauner for him and scored about half of our goals to get us up. He loved a derby goal as well and took a booking for celebrating in front of them every single time. Whit a boi.

17 minutes ago, Zing. said:

I just had a look at that article when I saw Kenny Millar RT it and expected there to be a bit about Moult as he was totally on it with the whole McDonald re-signing/Lennon fall out thing but it's not his story and is literally half a sentence tacked on at the end saying that he could move this summer as he's in the final year of his deal. It's a really weird article.

As to whether we'd sell to Hibs it really depends on who else is interested, if there are League 1 or Championship sides in for him then I'd imagine we'd prefer to sell to them rather than a team in the same league as us and realistically those sort of clubs would be able to afford the sort of fee we'd be looking for easily enough and bump his wage quite a bit. We're also supposedly offering him a new deal as well so that might factor in as well.

The Sun also had us supposedly signing Willo Flood a couple of weeks ago, a player who it turned out that we'd never been interested in and and was "never on the radar" (that story was written by the same journo).

Edited by capt_oats

I fucking love Jason Cummings, but are Hibs fans seriously unhappy with £1.4m? Off the top of my head, Hemmings,Stewart, McKay, Coulibaly and May have all left for significantly less. Obviously Hibs are in a better bargaining position than most of those clubs but they're still doing well to get that much for a guy who's never scored in the top flight.

I don't really get this "not scored in the top flight" patter. That's not a dig at you either YM, I've heard a few people saying it including some Hibs fans.

He's scored pretty much every time he's played a top flight team, including multiple goals against Hearts and Rangers. He'd have absolutely no problem scoring in the top flight. I'd love him to stay one more season but it looks like he's away unfortunately. I'm absolute shiteing myself at the thought of Lennon trying to replace him.

I don't really get this "not scored in the top flight" patter. That's not a dig at you either YM, I've heard a few people saying it including some Hibs fans.

He's scored pretty much every time he's played a top flight team, including multiple goals against Hearts and Rangers. He'd have absolutely no problem scoring in the top flight. I'd love him to stay one more season but it looks like he's away unfortunately. I'm absolute shiteing myself at the thought of Lennon trying to replace him.

Oh aye I'm not saying he's not a Premiership level player- he's obviously better than the likes of John Baird or Rory Loy who've had good seasons at the level below- just that in theory you'd imagine it might make English clubs more reluctant to spend money on him due to that slight element of doubt.

All for Cummings to head south for the right price, but I don't see the attraction for playing in a almost guaranteed relegation battle with Nottingham forest. Let's hope this starts a bidding war against a few teams for him.

As for Moult and Stewart, Moult would be decent but not sure I'm to interested in Stewart. Not a single goal for Birmingham? Would he be on a perm or loan deal?

I don't think teams down South see much difference in the leagues to be honest, they will know and see all the goals scored against Aberdeen St Johnstone Dundee Utd shit loads against hearts and **** and know the player they are getting.  The boys a big match player and we will miss him massively.  Giving Lennon the money gives me the fear though. Good luck JC fucking legend, thanks for the Scottish Cup and getting it up Hearts and rangers almost every single time. 

8 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I fucking love Jason Cummings, but are Hibs fans seriously unhappy with £1.4m? Off the top of my head, Hemmings,Stewart, McKay, Coulibaly and May have all left for significantly less. Obviously Hibs are in a better bargaining position than most of those clubs but they're still doing well to get that much for a guy who's never scored in the top flight.

I think its mostly to do with the fact that we (supposedly) knocked back £1.8m last year and he has since signed a new contract, so you would think the club would be looking to improve on the figure that we previously rejected. However as people have said we have no idea if £1.8m was actually what was offered before and how that was broken down. Ah well, thanks for the memories JC, was nice to have a character around the place. 

Be interesting to see how much McGinn goes for now as I would expect him to be sold this window as well.

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Oh aye I'm not saying he's not a Premiership level player- he's obviously better than the likes of John Baird or Rory Loy who've had good seasons at the level below- just that in theory you'd imagine it might make English clubs more reluctant to spend money on him due to that slight element of doubt.

To an extent maybe, but in this case (assuming he's away to Notts Forest) he's being signed by a manager who has seen the player regularly and as Hibs fans rightly point out Cummings scored consistently against Rangers so it's not like they're just blindly taking a punt on him.

Edited by capt_oats

21 minutes ago, EH75 said:

I think its mostly to do with the fact that we (supposedly) knocked back £1.8m last year and he has since signed a new contract, so you would think the club would be looking to improve on the figure that we previously rejected. However as people have said we have no idea if £1.8m was actually what was offered before and how that was broken down. Ah well, thanks for the memories JC, was nice to have a character around the place. 

Be interesting to see how much McGinn goes for now as I would expect him to be sold this window as well.

He may have signed a deal with a clause that could only be activated from this year meaning we could reject offers to assist getting us up? 

8 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Kenny Millar indicating on twitter that there is no clause and also, the offer from Peterborough last year was stacked full of clauses so whilst it was the total value, would've taken ages to get to it.

That's good enough for me then.  Maybe an agreement similar to Scott Allan then.