A full Scottish international. Cup winner with two different clubs. A fucking huge meatbaw head. £3m and Scott Allan would just about do it considering he’s in the last year of his deal. 

I trust Mr Roderick Petrie to out shithouse Lawell on this one. 

There’s also been rumours that we’re willing to shell out a decent bit of cash to get Jamie Maclaren back, which would be very good. 

On 08/07/2017 at 12:45, HibsFan said:

Just had a look on the e-ticketing website for Stevenson's testimonial tomorrow, christ it looks bad.

Really think the club have let him down on this, should've been arranged in the couple of months after the high of winning the Scottish Cup.

(And a proper testimonial, not just using a warm up against Sunderland and slapping his name on it.)

Looks like the same procedure as last year; poor stuff from the club. I feel we could have put more resources into organising two good testimonials for two truly great players.

It’s a shame to see so many Hibbies online scoffing at the testimonial too. It seems as though supporters have shown a similarly lethargic response to the testimonial committee.

Two genuine greats of the club that have endured torrid seasons and criticism; Stevenson & Hanlon persevered through some of the lowest points in the club’s history to become vital parts of our recent successes.

They may get a healthier wage than previous testimonial players, but the principle of displaying appreciation and respect remains the same. A significant amount will be going to charity too.

11 minutes ago, Mon Dieu said:

Looks like the same procedure as last year; poor stuff from the club. I feel we could have put more resources into organising two good testimonials for two truly great players.

It’s a shame to see so many Hibbies online scoffing at the testimonial too. It seems as though supporters have shown a similarly lethargic response to the testimonial committee.

Two genuine greats of the club that have endured torrid seasons and criticism; Stevenson & Hanlon persevered through some of the lowest points in the club’s history to become vital parts of our recent successes.

They may get a healthier wage than previous testimonial players, but the principle of displaying appreciation and respect remains the same. A significant amount will be going to charity too.

10 years of loyalty (in an age where players agitate for a move or a new contract after just one good season) certainly should be rewarded with a well-chosen match so I hope there is a decent turn out. Let's face it, a decade with Hibs will have earned Paul decent money, but hardly enough to retire on. And he's probably done himself some long-term harm playing through knee injuries.

Bartley playing in midfield today instead of McGeough made a huge difference to how we played and it wasn’t good. Shaw missed a couple of good chances to score but we didn’t create much else. Blackburn’s first goal was a good strike.

Blackburn won 2-0, but really a nothing game.  Typical pre-season friendly. Not much to note.

However the seaguls,  fuckin hundreds of them!  Shat right doon the back of my mates Hibs shirt!... Dirty basturds.

Blackburn won 2-0, but really a nothing game.  Typical pre-season friendly. Not much to note.
However the seaguls,  fuckin hundreds of them!  Shat right doon the back of my mates Hibs shirt!... Dirty basturds.
This may sound mental, but I think Hibs hired a harrier hawk last year to get the seagulls to f**k? And it worked. But I also think testimonials have to be separate from the club? Paul Hanlons testimonial committee maybe just said we'll put up with it for a day?

7 hours ago, Lebowski said:
8 hours ago, Tenkay said:

This may sound mental, but I think Hibs hired a harrier hawk last year to get the seagulls to f**k? And it worked. But I also think testimonials have to be separate from the club? Paul Hanlons testimonial committee maybe just said we'll put up with it for a day?

Wanna buy a big plastic owl ?