1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Picture the scene :

It’s the 31st of October 2018. Hearts are playing Hibs at Tynecastle. It’s the last minute and the score is locked at nil-nil. Hibs have a free kick 25 yards out. I’ve already been thrown out the ground for singing songs about Rudi Skacel and Wallace Mercer. Mallan steps up. Goal.

Excuuuuuuse me. I think you’ll find WE do the long-range screamers in derbies, not you. Ozturk, Djoum, Sam Nicholson, Stevenson. Admittedly Griffith did come close once, but the ball clearly hadn’t crossed the line.

Pleasing about Mallan. Hibs have been pretty chronic at dealing with big players leaving in my lifetime. Still quite a bit of transfer activity needed but it seems like we're managing things sensibly this time around.

Big credit to Demspter for the speculate to accumulate approach since she's came in. The McGinn compo and four year deal looks like producing a big profit. £300k+ already spent on two players this window, which again looks like good business.

£150k-£200k signings were a big deal for us a few years back but if the club continues to be this well run, there's no reason they can't be regular a regular occurrence. 

17 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Picture the scene :

It’s the 31st of October 2018. Hearts are playing Hibs at Tynecastle. It’s the last minute and the score is locked at nil-nil. Hibs have a free kick 25 yards out. I’ve already been thrown out the ground for singing songs about Rudi Skacel and Wallace Mercer. Mallan steps up. Goal.

:lol:    Hibs winning at Tynecastle.

Won't be all up front I'd imagine, but fair fucks to you. This is what's supposed to happen with sell on fees.
To be fair, it's the first one these percentage deals that we've actually made some money from. Hibs have done a great job in further developing McGinn,so you're due credit for that.

17 hours ago, FTOF said:
17 hours ago, Lebowski said:
Won't be all up front I'd imagine, but fair fucks to you. This is what's supposed to happen with sell on fees.

To be fair, it's the first one these percentage deals that we've actually made some money from. Hibs have done a great job in further developing McGinn,so you're due credit for that.

Correct. I said at the time that Hibs was the perfect move for both John and St. Mirren as Hibs don't fanny about and sell players on the cheap like we had been habitually doing at that point.

Seen today that we're trying to hold out for shree million pounds from Celtic for McGinn. In Rod we trust.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/john-mcginn-warning-celtic-hibs-12876649

Pleased to see Hibs not rolling over to Celtic because of who they are. They can afford it, make them cough up.