4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Wee Austin bringing out results from the '50s and '60s when only about 16 clubs across the continent could be arsed to compete - our run to the UEFA Cup quarters required winning more ties than any of your quarter or 'semi' runs. :lol:

Hibs defeating the likes of Barcelona, Porto, Napoli and Sporting Lisbon en route to semis and multiple quarter finals. X1Vg8Jd.png&key=ae8c7e4a8a81f103270fcc00

Hearts defeating the likes of St. Patrick's Athletic, Austria Vienna and Velež Mostar en route to one quarter. qnUKmGn.png&key=a6da1fa2384be9042d518c9a

19 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Wee Austin bringing out results from the '50s and '60s when only about 16 clubs across the continent could be arsed to compete - our run to the UEFA Cup quarters required winning more ties than any of your quarter or 'semi' runs. :lol:

Oh, the worst ever result by a Scottish club in Europe is officially stamped as Hibernian 0-9 Malmo. Our result isn't even top five. Unlucky. sound.png

There we go.

D55FA5DE-3E3D-4AB1-B7B5-83D5C7C314C9.gif

You beat utter shite in your two games to get to your 'European Cup semi', considering near every c**t turned down the chance to play in it.

Is the Fairs Cup even recognised by UEFA? Not even sure coloured TV was a thing back then.

I'm starting to wonder how many Jambos were actually secretly attending Easter Road for the games against Runavik, Asteras and Molde....

They do have a record for being unable to resist the allure of Easter Road when their supposed team isn't playing.

They seem enthralled tbh. It's all about the Hibees!

6 minutes ago, Austinho said:

Lost in a Qualifying Round. "Qualified to play in the tournament".

NINTCHDBPICT000420003800.jpg

:lol:

I'll simplify it for you. Only one Edinburgh club has ever qualified to play in the European Cup.

Edited by Austin McCann

21 minutes ago, Elixir said:

You beat utter shite in your two games to get to your 'European Cup semi', considering near every c**t turned down the chance to play in it.

Is the Fairs Cup even recognised by UEFA? Not even sure coloured TV was a thing back then.

Aye, I mean it only holds significant importance to eventual winners Real Madrid to this day, the biggest club in the world. But some Hertz fanny says otherwise.

5b75f6990121d_a66952f55cecf0acca7a16f31193a4eacopy.thumb.jpg.cc4de1c3e28991457f8615cfe79b7f1e.jpg

8 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

:lol:

I'll simplify it for you. Only one Edinburgh club has ever qualified to play in the European Cup.

Only one Edinburgh club has ever played in the European Cup.

And it wasn't European minnows Heart of Midlothian. 982tM5y.png&key=96349a24cf7569be2bdef008

1 hour ago, ShrooTheLookingGlass said:

I'm starting to wonder how many Jambos were actually secretly attending Easter Road for the games against Runavik, Asteras and Molde....

They do have a record for being unable to resist the allure of Easter Road when their supposed team isn't playing.

Couldn’t follow the Hibs game tonight  - on account of having to be down the Lodge to watch our real team

Edited by Pet Jeden

9 hours ago, Austinho said:

Aye, I mean it only holds significant importance to eventual winners Real Madrid to this day, the biggest club in the world. But some Hertz fanny says otherwise.

5b75f6990121d_a66952f55cecf0acca7a16f31193a4eacopy.thumb.jpg.cc4de1c3e28991457f8615cfe79b7f1e.jpg

Only one Edinburgh club has ever played in the European Cup.

And it wasn't European minnows Heart of Midlothian. 982tM5y.png&key=96349a24cf7569be2bdef008

Wrong. Heart of Midlothian have played in the European Cup twice. The only Edinburgh club to have qualified to play in the European cup, (twice).

The loss of Bartley last night highlights how much we need a couple of good quality central midfielders. Once he went off we had nothing protecting the back three. Mallan, Slivka and Hyndman are all forward thinking players. Wasn’t at all impressed with either Slivka/Hyndman last night. 

Big end to the window for us.

46 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

Wrong. Heart of Midlothian have played in the European Cup twice. The only Edinburgh club to have qualified to play in the European cup, (twice).

Oops, silly me - I mistook getting humped a total of 16-5 in the 'Preliminary Rounds' with playing in the competition proper. Better correct myself to put an end to this nonsense:

Hibernian
European Cup: Semi Finalists

Heart of Midlothian
European Cup: Preliminary Round (twice)

artist-4118-1.jpg

Edited by Austinho

Guest Bob Mahelp

Both Hibs and Hearts are, always have been, and always will be, utterly pish in Europe.

Hibs got to a 'semi-final' once in a competition with 8 teams, and where they didn't even win the league the year before. Hearts 'European record' is simply pathetic.

Both sets of fans would be better to shut up about Europe and stop embarrassing themselves.

10 hours ago, ShrooTheLookingGlass said:

giphy.gif

Edited by Raphael

23 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Both Hibs and Hearts are, always have been, and always will be, utterly pish in Europe.

Hibs got to a 'semi-final' once in a competition with 8 teams, and where they didn't even win the league the year before. Hearts 'European record' is simply pathetic.

Both sets of fans would be better to shut up about Europe and stop embarrassing themselves.

Hibernian
European Cup: Semi Finalists

Aberdeen
European Cup: Quarter Finalists

fGcSKtQ.png

50 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Sad to say, you're right. This argument really is a case of two bald men fighting over a comb.