5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

None of the guys you mentioned have played for Hibs for years.  Are they any more ned like than Lafferty or Kevin Kyle for instance?  

What "thuggish element"?  Is Porteous more of a thug than say Halkett or Souttar?   You're just making stuff up as you go along. 

There’s a definite ned culture at Hibs. Has been for decades.

Kevin Kyle isn’t a ned. Lafferty is a bit of a dick right enough. Porteous is way more of a thug than any current Hearts player. Do you see him getting a Scotland cap before Souttar or Halkett? You don’t get caps when you are an unhinged risk to your team mates.

You honestly didn’t realise there is a well known ned issue at Hibs, though? 😀

Edited by Kyle Reese

3 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

So there’s me Broony and Lennon.  We’re in this bar in Bangkok.  Next thing you know this Ladyboy comes in with a leash.  Ken what’s on the end of the leash?  A fucking Goat!  So me and Scott got right out there.

31D820D5-164D-4BA0-B361-B9E5D136CEA0.jpeg

Screenshot_20211220-164851_Chrome.jpg.d999ed1669fc8e453b36447d1c5f98d9.jpg

"Did ye aye ?"

15 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

There’s a definite ned culture at Hibs. Has been for decades.

Kevin Kyle isn’t a ned. Lafferty is a bit of a dick right enough. Porteous is way more of a thug than any current Hearts player. Do you see him getting a Scotland cap before Souttar or Halkett? You don’t get caps when you are an unhinged risk to your team mates.

You honestly didn’t realise there is a well known ned issue at Hibs, though? 😀

Kyle is/was a ned at the same age you mentioned the old hibs players.  Players like Gary Wales, Stephen Simmons, Andy Kirk and others all wee neds too.  Then there's the pedo you had to sack, the sex offender you employed, sex offenders you released etc.  Jamie Walker and Any Haliday another couple of wee neds.

Let's pretend Hibs randomly have a problem though and Hearts are angels.

Porteous is a lot younger than the Hearts players but he will definitely play for Scotland.  Haulkets a journeyman ned. 

All an all, not really bothered though and I don't think Derek Riordan being at Hibs 10 years back will effect Shaun Maloney as Hibs manager though the same as I don't think Craig Levein not winning a thing in his playing or managerial career will effect the next Hearts manager. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

All an all, not really bothered though and I don't think Derek Riordan being at Hibs 10 years back will effect Shaun Maloney as Hibs manager though the same as I don't think Craig Levein not winning a thing in his playing or managerial career will effect the next Hearts manager.

It's a bold implicit assertion that Craig Levein isn't going to be the next Hearts manager.

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Kyle is/was a ned at the same age you mentioned the old hibs players.  Players like Gary Wales, Stephen Simmons, Andy Kirk and others all wee neds too.  Then there's the pedo you had to sack, the sex offender you employed, sex offenders you released etc.  Jamie Walker and Any Haliday another couple of wee neds.

Let's pretend Hibs randomly have a problem though and Hearts are angels.

Porteous is a lot younger than the Hearts players but he will definitely play for Scotland.  Haulkets a journeyman ned. 

I agree with you on the rest of your post, but that's a bold assertion considering Porteous's every growing reputation in Scotland as a complete liability. 

I'm a big believer in giving young central defenders the time to develop, but I suspect that Porteous will have to leave Hibs for a lower Championship or League 1 side in England, and start impressing. 

There's no sign at the moment that he's learning from the (regular) mistakes that he seems to make. 

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Dinnae be silly, he is still on the giro

Universal Credit I believe.  One of the small things in life that really annoy the c**t out of me is when someone on it goes on about "being paid" and "payday" what the f**k is that about?

Anyway, Shaun Maloney?

Guest Bob Mahelp

I met Maloney once. 

He is remarkably, remarkably small. As in 'hiiiii hoooo' small. 

He's also very quietly spoken. I do wonder if he's got the presence to manage a group of footballers if/when things go wrong. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I met Maloney once. 

He is remarkably, remarkably small. As in 'hiiiii hoooo' small. 

He's also very quietly spoken. I do wonder if he's got the presence to manage a group of footballers if/when things go wrong. 

All these wee winger types are tiny wee guys - Boyle is almost the same height as Maloney and weighs about 60 kg.

As for the presence bit, well I suppose we will find out soon enough.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I agree with you on the rest of your post, but that's a bold assertion considering Porteous's every growing reputation in Scotland as a complete liability. 

I'm a big believer in giving young central defenders the time to develop, but I suspect that Porteous will have to leave Hibs for a lower Championship or League 1 side in England, and start impressing. 

There's no sign at the moment that he's learning from the (regular) mistakes that he seems to make. 

You could be correct of course.  Maybe with our new manager in his form will turn to gold though?