57 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I was having a rammy with a Hibs taxi driver on Saturday night.

I was saying Maloney needed time, but ultimately he lacked charisma. Time might have seen him get the players he needed and the chance to impart his ideas, but he was hardly going to grow a personality in that time-frame. 

Anyway he took umbrage with the charisma point and told me to stick to the gaming so I gave him the tosser gesture as I left the cab and for a good five seconds after.

Have that you bald twat.  

Beats contactless payment. Did he go for it?

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I'm not saying it is necessarily the wrong decision to get rid of him, but it's odd to make an inexperienced, 'project' appointment like Maloney and not expect that the early days might be up and down (potentially with more of the latter). Of course that doesn't guarantee that he would eventually prove to be a good manager for Hibs, but surely the point is aiming for success (whatever that constitutes) in the long-term.

It seems like some clubs want to make this type of appointment, rightly or wrongly, but seemingly expect everything to click almost immediately and don't want to take the rough with the smooth. 

5 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I'm not saying it is necessarily the wrong decision to get rid of him, but it's odd to make an inexperienced, 'project' appointment like Maloney and not expect that the early days might be up and down (potentially with more of the latter). Of course that doesn't guarantee that he would eventually prove to be a good manager for Hibs, but surely the point is aiming for success (whatever that constitutes) in the long-term.

It seems like some clubs want to make this type of appointment, rightly or wrongly, but seemingly expect everything to click almost immediately and don't want to take the rough with the smooth. 

They've bottled it. Wanted to take the plaudits for a leftfield  appointment without having the kahunas to follow it through. I'm not saying Maloney was the answer either but we'll never know cos he'll struggle to get another appointment after this. This board seem to listen to the twitter moonhowlers. I really dread to think who've they've got lined up next as no one in their right minds would touch us with a bargepole right now with good reason.

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Alberts?

Camus? Einstein? Finney? Hammon Jr?

Kidd seems more on-point, but it doesn't quite fit either.

I have a couple of theories on what he means by this.

One is that there was some vague cultural stereotype relating to people called 'Albert' that nobody born after 1960 (when the name 'Albert' dropped out of the top 100 male baby names in the UK) is able to understand, because people hardly ever meet anyone called Albert anymore.

The other is that this is rhyming slang via 'Albert Schwartz', the freestyle swimming gold medalist at the 1932 Olympic games in Los Angeles.

Either way, it's clear that Glen Minter is years ahead of the cultural zeitgeist.

2 hours ago, BrendanGalloway said:

Aberdeen and Hibs seem to have went for a similar approach with their American owners. Been a massive fail thus far and now Aberdeen seem to have reverted back to a Mcinnes type approach with Goodwin which has also started terribly. I dont know an awful lot about the Hibs situation but the recruitment at Aberdeen has been a massive problem for a number of years now. Club already released/terminated about 70% of the summer recruits which is absolutely ridiculous! I do wonder how responsible Glass was for those signings and how he would of faired had 2/3 of those summer signings been better.  Maloney didn't even get a proper window but he did look out his depth. 

We don't have an American owner.

The owner is someone who was on the board before moving to America years ago.

Aberdeen tried to do too many things the right way, all at once. I've no real concerns about things at the moment but will review again once we're in to the window.

44 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Name the guilty men...

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

We don't have an American owner.

The owner is someone who was on the board before moving to America years ago.

Aberdeen tried to do too many things the right way, all at once. I've no real concerns about things at the moment but will review again once we're in to the window.

It's science

Seventeen Positives = a negative

Kidd seems more on-point, but it doesn't quite fit either.
I have a couple of theories on what he means by this.
One is that there was some vague cultural stereotype relating to people called 'Albert' that nobody born after 1960 (when the name 'Albert' dropped out of the top 100 male baby names in the UK) is able to understand, because people hardly ever meet anyone called Albert anymore.
The other is that this is rhyming slang via 'Albert Schwartz', the freestyle swimming gold medalist at the 1932 Olympic games in Los Angeles.
Either way, it's clear that Glen Minter is years ahead of the cultural zeitgeist.

I assumed it was rhyming slang but relied on pronouncing Hearts more like the old scots “Herts”

Regardless of whether the decision was the right one the club is in a shambles at present. 

- appointing an unproven coach and not giving him time to develop. 
- giving some long term contracts or extension to some average players. I like Joe Newell - he is a tidy player and his recent Neil Berry/ Neil Simpson tribute act has some of the Heats fans frothing uncontrollably @DaveMackay56 - but I am not going to be bouncing grandkids on the knee telling them about Joe Newell.  Who were we competing against when we gave him a 3 year extension. Hibs ( and most of rest of league) should be giving out 2 year deals max. 

the guys responsible for that are picking the next manager. They might get lucky but it will be pure luck. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I assumed it was rhyming slang but relied on pronouncing Hearts more like the old scots “Herts”

Albert Square, Albert Tatlock, Prince Albert, Albert Dock?

Said it in the ‘Aberdeen next manager’ thread, I have genuinely no idea anymore what the managers of Aberdeen and Hibs have to do to avoid being bagged like Glass or Maloney. Finish third and win a cup every second season? The ‘Old Firm’ are out of sight, and there’s feck’ all between Aberdeen, Hearts, and Hibs, in regard to size and ability to finish third and win a cup every second season. There’s also the fact that the likes of Motherwell, Livvy, Dundee United are no mugs, and the likes of St Mirren (under Goodwin) looked decent.

Add in the fact that no-one can build, and keep, a really good team these days as we’re all selling clubs, then the next Hibs manager better not just be good, he better be able to turn water into wine or perform all sorts of feckin’ miracles.