3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

So Man Utd played Lyon during the current season aye?  Anyway who cares was to wind up the jambo crowd chuggers. 

Scottish season started 4 days before the Murrayfield match. The pedant in me requires me to tell you that.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

You know your original statement was shite. Gie up min. 

Manchester United made it two wins from two games as the Reds continued pre-season preparations with a 1-0 victory over Lyon in Scotland.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

You know your original statement was shite. Gie up min. 

1. th?id=OIP.qHlmiDwgzZc75SlHlAxZogHaEK&w=80&h=80&c=1&vt=10&bgcl=503189&r=0&o=6&dpr=1.5&pid=5.1

WebJul 13, 2023 · Manchester United’s second pre-season clash sees the Reds travel to Edinburgh to face Olympique Lyonnais on Wednesday 19 July. …

21 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Will be the biggest crowd for a football match in Edinburgh for the whole season. :) 

For the avoidance of all doubt, and because I'm obsessive, the Scottish football season started on 15th July. A crowd of 48,484 turned up for a football match in Edinburgh on 19th July. So that is the biggest crowd for a football match in Edinburgh so far this season. Get out of that one.

11 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

That was the best example of the impact of financial doping in UK sport since the Rangers Liverpool game last year. 

Villa having spent near 100m to Hibs 1.5m I saw mentioned elsewhere. While I don't rate Lee Johnson at all, really don't think any manager could have done much better other than keep the score down and defend the whole 90mins. Even then, Hibs would get hammered in the 2nd leg. It's a sad state of affairs for those who remember when football wasn't like this. The financial doping is making even the EPL totally predictable. 

2 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I can't think of a player in recent times more powder puff than Henderson.

That's why you don't take guys in their early 20's who've been released by either bigot. They are massively under developed. 

Poor Ewan, he missed out on playing in the Lowland League by a couple of years for Celtic B. That would have toughened him up I'm sure. Although he may be playing in the LL in a couple of years..