What you will pay - a guide for away fans

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I burst out laughing reading this, cheers.:thumsup2

This thread has turned into a bit of a car crash.

Ok let's get back on track.

I would argue that £20 is a reasonable amount for an adult to pay to watch their team play each week....home or away. If you are a loyal follower you can buy a season ticket...from £250 for an adult at Falkirk.

The main problem, I think, for many fans with families is the cost of bringing the kids along too. However as they are potential lifeblood of our clubs future, we should be keeping those charges to an absolute minimum.

My view is that whatever clubs charge, fans are always going to moan anyway.

I have seen a lot of Man City games over the last few seasons as I work in the area during the week. But £55 to watch them play is still outrageous as the overall entertainment experience is genuinely not that much better. Interestingly, they only charge £30 or less for many of the CL games. Probably because they have drained the supporters of all their cash just buying a season ticket.

We can moan about £20 but it's all relative.

Why would paying through the nose to subsidise free entry to children at Grangemouth protect my club's future? Oh that's right, it doesn't. 
There is no evidence whatsoever to show that charging absolutely nothing to let children watch a football match makes them more likely to either i) attend matches or ii) retain their support for a particular team in adulthood as opposed to charging £3, or £5. No other line of business provides free entry to kids on the premise that doing so will magically gain their custom in the future - they charge a concession rate for entry; cinemas for example aren't folding because the next generation had to pay (be paid for) in order to watch films and so don't bother going there as adults. 
It's a completely nonsensical argument. 

Totally agree. Can understand pre-school children getting in free, but once they're old enough to actually watch the match a concession rate is perfectly reasonable.

Cannae really be fucked arguing wi VT because it's like arguing wi a drunk woman but I know many Rangers fans who have ditched Rangers and now come to Falkirk wi the kids.

2 reasons for this is they don't want their kids hearing all the shite and it costs f**k all to get the kids into Falkirk. Also in recent times its been commented on about the increase in Falkirk crowds.

Cannae really be fucked arguing wi VT because it's like arguing wi a drunk woman but I know many Rangers fans who have ditched Rangers and now come to Falkirk wi the kids.
2 reasons for this is they don't want their kids hearing all the shite and it costs f**k all to get the kids into Falkirk. Also in recent times its been commented on about the increase in Falkirk crowds.

It's a fair point. Falkirk ( or apparently Grangemouth FC[emoji16]) crowds have gone up while what can we say about attendances at most other clubs in our division....e.g. Morton?

The point is  that your team, although called  "Falkirk" don't play in the town of Falkirk. 

You're the Grimsby Town of Scottish football.

...and we can certainly add Paisley to the list of shiteholes. In fact, congratulations, you top the chart! [emoji16]

24 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Supporting Rangers and Falkirk seems to be quite a common occurrence. It's maybe fair to say Falkirk and Rangers fans share a closer bond than Airdrie and Rangers these days. 

Supporting Rangers and Falkirk seems to be quite a common occurrence. It's maybe fair to say Falkirk and Rangers fans share a closer bond than Airdrie and Rangers these days. 

Hmm, and the award for originality goes to....

1 minute ago, Jimmy85 said:

We cut our ties when we dared to call them sevco on our PA system

I can't help notice the parallels wi Dunfermline and Rangers attitude to bill paying though. Nothing like the smell of administrators in the morning eh?

10 hours ago, Marr1 said:

I think the argument to be made against Dumbarton's pricing should be the fact you're paying £20 to watch a part-time team - which is a joke, added to the fact that they play in a ground that is more suited to non-league football. I know they're planning a new ground.

What?

What on earth relevance is the amount of time the team train got to do with the standards and entertainment on offer. Most bizarre argument ever.

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Our stadium's got a volcanic plug with castle mounted on it in the car park, that is vastly superior to two metal horses heads (not even full horses) located about a mile from the stadium.

I raise you  a hedge and  £15 entry !  

On 06/06/2017 at 20:51, orco said:

A bit steep for ICT given most away fans will incur extra expense getting there. Relegated team-itis. :rolleyes:

Yes, as we all know the A9 is longer for away fans going North than ICT fans going South :eek:

13 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I raise you  a hedge and  £15 entry !  

Saints have got a railway end and a gasworks end

11 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Yes, as we all know the A9 is longer for away fans going North than ICT fans going South :eek:

Aye but Its downhill for you

Archived