Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

I'm surprised at the number of anal retentive tidy freaks on here. In my house me and the kids make the mess and the wife goes on and on  about it, at excessive length.

I assumed everyone else's house wokld be the same. I read a couple of those posts and thought "calm the f**k down you nagging neurotic" much as i do when my wife starts with "do shoes stay there?"

anyway...

She does insist on using the smallest possible thing in the kitchen, "to save on washing up" . I have seen her use a 4" by 6" chopping board with an 8" knife to chop an aubergine that overlaps both ends of she board. She'll also pile oven chips 3 deep on the smallest tray and be amazed that some of them still aren't cooked after 30 mins. The smallest saucepan will get used for spaghetti, which will inevitably stick together. She does show admirable unwillingness to learn from experience.

Add me to the list of PnB men who clean up after their other half.  What really irks me is when I have a day off is that I will tidy up a bit normally.  Nothing crazy but I'll put the dishwasher on, wash some clothes and generally put things away etc.

Wife has a day off and I'll come home from work to her dishes still in the living room and nothing else done.  Worse yet she'll have been baking for people at her work and I'll come back to the kitchen looking like it was in Chernobyl. It's not that hard to simply put a dish you're finished with in the dishwasher or the sink!

My wife won’t shut the kitchen door.  We have underfloor heating in the kitchen to maximise the wall space for units. The kitchen isn’t very big and will heat up quickly in winter when you start cooking. On this basis we don’t put on the underfloor heating. The rest of the house is nice and warm in comparison and you can feel the draught when the kitchen door is open. Despite this we have been having the same conversation every winter for nine years now. 

Me “Gonnae shut the kitchen door?”

Her ” sake, you always go on about that”

Me ”remember it’s  an unheated room my dearest darling”

Her ” can we not just put the heating on in it then?”

Me “or just shut the door???”

She also likes to dangle things off just about anything that will allow it.

Door handles, window handles, the kitchen unit handles you name it there will be clothes, bags, holiday mementoes etc dangling off them. 

I cant open a window without having to remove  some trinket or other.

Can we shut the kitchen door? Can we f**k cause of the shite dangling off the handle. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Up to the ankles fine with you JG?

No, maybe lapping the seam between the sole and the upper, plowing through ankle deep shit would become quite tiring, I suspect.

6 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Add me to the list of PnB men who clean up after their other half.  What really irks me is when I have a day off is that I will tidy up a bit normally.  Nothing crazy but I'll put the dishwasher on, wash some clothes and generally put things away etc.

Wife has a day off and I'll come home from work to her dishes still in the living room and nothing else done.  Worse yet she'll have been baking for people at her work and I'll come back to the kitchen looking like it was in Chernobyl. It's not that hard to simply put a dish you're finished with in the dishwasher or the sink!

My wife always leaves the kitchen like a bomb site, when I cook I get a bollocking if I don't wipe down the cooker, worktops, chopping board and put the pans etc into the sink.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I'm with your Mrs here, who the f**k wants to do chores on their day off? 

38 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

When the kid bumps its head and is screaming in my ear the missus still wants to know what happened immediately. Let me soothe the bairn first ffs. 

mine does this too, with added panic to worsen the situation.

"whats wrong whats wrong oh my god she's bleeding oh no her lip it looks terrible do something oh god she's bleeding don't just stand there etc...."

i usually find a door, and close it between us. The anti-hysteria slap is massively tempting though.

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

"whats wrong whats wrong oh my god she's bleeding oh no her lip it looks terrible do something oh god she's bleeding don't just stand there etc...."

i usually find a door, and close it between us. The anti-hysteria slap is massively tempting though.

Might work. She'd then have something else that was bleeding to worry about.

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm with your Mrs here, who the f**k wants to do chores on their day off? 

I'm not saying that she should be spending the whole day doing chores I'm saying that on my day off I can find 10 minutes here and there to put things away and put the dishwasher on etc. 

Also I'd rather do chores in the morning of a day off (if I've no plans) that doing them after work!

13 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I'm not saying that she should be spending the whole day doing chores I'm saying that on my day off I can find 10 minutes here and there to put things away and put the dishwasher on etc. 

Also I'd rather do chores in the morning of a day off (if I've no plans) that doing them after work!

I disagree, use half an hour when you get in from work to do that shit, leave your days off for lying in your bed furiously masterbating doing the things you enjoy.

25 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Mrs E. literally sprinted to the door last night as she thought that our 19 month old was about to open it and fall down the stairs.  I'm talking palms extended like fucking FloJo.

Needless to say he wasn't.

I was just coming to the bridge section of a reasonable anecdote as well.  Never finished it.  She can just fucking wonder what Dean in IT said, see if I care.

my girlfriend has this habit of dumping her keys anywhere near her arse the minute she comes through the door. this ranges from the kitchen bunker to the livingroom floor. this isnt what infuriates me.

what infuriates me is when the spare car keys go missing last saturday and she points the finger of blame at me! despite her prior key behaviour being pointed out to her it is still definitely my fault as i used them last week.

her pal just called to say she found them in the back of her car. do i get an apology for the weeks worth of abuse and accusations? do i f**k! arsehole.

Just now, ah-dee said:

my girlfriend has this habit of dumping her keys anywhere near her arse the minute she comes through the door. this ranges from the kitchen bunker to the livingroom floor. this isnt what infuriates me.

what infuriates me is when the spare car keys go missing last saturday and she points the finger of blame at me! despite her prior key behaviour being pointed out to her it is still definitely my fault as i used them last week.

her pal just called to say she found them in the back of her car. do i get an apology for the weeks worth of abuse and accusations? do i f**k! arsehole.

You are young or this wouldn't be a surprise!