Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

It's rude :lol:

I think because there wasn't actually a job going there and that they made the role for her that it might make them change their mind if she asked.

I've let her know multiple times how crazy it is to work in the hope you're making decent coin.

1 minute ago, staggy1929 said:

I think because there wasn't actually a job going there and that they made the role for her that it might make them change their mind if she asked.

I've let her know multiple times how crazy it is to work in the hope you're making decent coin.

If I was them I'd want to see what I could get away with.

Just wire her £20 monthly and see if she says anything.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If I was them I'd want to see what I could get away with.

Just wire her £20 monthly and see if she says anything.

I've made that point too haha.

By all accounts her manager is spot on so hopefully they don't rip the piss too much.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Does anyone know of any women who like sport, hate drama, like Steaks, hate attention seeking, love animals and hate Tories?

It was all sounding like Mrs Ranter until the Steaks bit.

You weren't getting her anyway , she's a keeper,  even without the liking of steaks.

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

It was all sounding like Mrs Ranter until the Steaks bit.

You weren't getting her anyway , she's a keeper,  even without the liking of steaks.

Hope Solo? 

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

My wife has only returned to work for 4 whole shifts after 9 months off maternity leave and the drama has started already.

After 2 shifts back she was actively looking for another job after someone said something to her in a not very nice way (she did tell me but I zoned out).

Financially it helps when the wife works but I can't stand the utter pish that comes with her working there. I spoke to 2 of the other husband's who's wives work there at a Xmas doo and we were all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Does anyone know of any women who like sport, hate drama, like Steaks, hate attention seeking, love animals and hate Tories?

Clare Balding?

I have a question for you and anyone else who's been in this situation
Do you not have multiple televisions? Can you not use catch-up services to watch things you want that the other has no interest in, at more favourable times? Do you need to do everything together?

Many years ago I tried to make the case with the wife for a second tv in the bedroom.

“No. We spend all day out at work. All that’ll happen is you’ll end up watching sport in one room and I’ll be watching my soaps in the other. We need to have some quality time together in the evening and agree on what we are watching”.

Surprisingly, we got divorced in 2010 and I haven’t seen an episode of Coronation St since! [emoji106]

My wife has only returned to work for 4 whole shifts after 9 months off maternity leave and the drama has started already.
After 2 shifts back she was actively looking for another job after someone said something to her in a not very nice way (she did tell me but I zoned out).
Financially it helps when the wife works but I can't stand the utter pish that comes with her working there. I spoke to 2 of the other husband's who's wives work there at a Xmas doo and we were all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Hate the drama that gets created in office places over the pettiest of nonsense. My wifes work had the receptionists all fall out, screaming in the office over who was getting annual leave over summer (they failed to notice that they’d all be able to get 2 weeks off if they worked it out right and instead began deciding who deserved time off during the holidays), this resulted in folk almost coming to blows and one off with ‘work related stress’.

Guest bernardblack
Most people live incredibly boring lives, I genuinely believe the ‘office drama’ pish is just their way of compensating for that without actually confronting how crap their lives are.

Agreed. The amount of folk at work who can get so offended/insulted at the slightest thing is embarrassing.

My wife doesn't work but still comes out with the same shite about most people she has regular interaction with. 

Apparently I'm deliberately dense for not understanding the offensive subtext behind a facial expression that I've not seen, used by someone I don't know know. 

Even if I had been listening I wouldn't know what she was blethering about. 

Hate the drama that gets created in office places over the pettiest of nonsense. My wifes work had the receptionists all fall out, screaming in the office over who was getting annual leave over summer (they failed to notice that they’d all be able to get 2 weeks off if they worked it out right and instead began deciding who deserved time off during the holidays), this resulted in folk almost coming to blows and one off with ‘work related stress’.

If you want to cause absolute chaos in the workplace then requesting a minor rota change or putting in a holiday request 5 minutes before the person you’ve just overheard talking about their big plans for the summer that they just need okayed by management.

When they have the request refused a come begging for you to cancel your day (a single day is best here if it can stop someone from being able to take a full week) with all sort of bullshit and sob story about how much more entitled they are to that particular time off. When asked why you need it off (or rota changed) give the most mundane b.s. excuse, ‘I just fancy it off’ or ‘dunno, might go my haircut and go to the bakers’ are ideal. Watch the seethe.

Edit- create secondary seethe by canceling your leave at the last possible moment.

5 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Me! 

Car went into the garage today for its MOT. She arrives at the garage and the gates aren't open for the car park, so she has to park on the street and walk in with the keys. She feels the need to phone me at work purely to tell me this plan of action. 🤷🏻‍♂️