Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, Disco30 said:

Stephen's steak birdies are exceptional a culinary delight from the kingdom.

Round my way I don't have to leave the sunshine state of Falkirk to taste a Stephens steak Bridie as a mere 5min walk from the door I can sample 1

HER: I've defrosted some chicken, what you making for dinner?

ME: I dunno what do you fancy?

HER:Anything really as long as I'm not cooking.

ME: OK how about I do a stir fry with that sauce you got?

HER: (face screwed up) nah not in the mood for that.

ME: How about I marinade the chicken in that hot sauce you like and roast it with some veg and rice?

HER: (huffs) we had something spicy for dinner last night.

ME: OK can make up a non spicy marinade and have it with anything you want?

HER: I'm not really wanting chicken.

ME: Well why don't you make anything you want and I'll have that.

HER: (big sigh) Why's it always up to me to decide what to make for dinner!!!

Her: I’m not that hungry just make something for you and the bairn.
Me: Nae bother.
Cook cooks cook.
Bairn and me: Eat eat..
Her: oh that looks good , is there enough for me?
Me (in my head): no there’s fucking not.
And in reality you're now sitting silently raging that she's eating your dinner while you're hungry and posting this on p&b.

4 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:
4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Cook cooks cook.

And in reality you're now sitting silently raging that she's eating your dinner while you're hungry and posting this on p&b.

This

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

"I'm not hungry" is wumminspeak for "I don't want to make dinner." In my experience; once dinner's on the go, they get hungry very quickly.

This

Putting things in the oven on a layer of tin foil because ‘it’ll save the baking tray from getting mucky and me from having to washing it’.

1 - does it f**k
2 - we’ve lived in this house for four years and a week and she’s washed the dishes approximately six times, and even then they’re not dried and put away and she uses them out of the rack til they’re dirty again.

The tin foil thing is a habit she picked up from her mother, who still does it despite the father-in-law losing his shit on a regular basis about it. Pretty sure they’re just doing this for fun now.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Putting things in the oven on a layer of tin foil because ‘it’ll save the baking tray from getting mucky and me from having to washing it’.

1 - does it f**k
2 - we’ve lived in this house for four years and a week and she’s washed the dishes approximately six times, and even then they’re not dried and put away and she uses them out of the rack til they’re dirty again.

The tin foil thing is a habit she picked up from her mother, who still does it despite the father-in-law losing his shit on a regular basis about it. Pretty sure they’re just doing this for fun now.

Was about to post something similar. 

I will usually bit a bit of foil in the grill pan under the actual tray to catch fat and make it easier to clean.

Repeatedly, she puts a layer of foil on the grill so anything being grilled just sits frying in its own fat.

In fact this is annoying me so much right now I’m not going to post any further on the matter.

13 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Cook cooks cook.

Yes, my wife can be like that occasionally, although in fairness, due to her sjogrens, which affects her taste and smell, which means she might fancy something but when it's made it doesn't smell right/taste right.

However, it annoys me when I say I'm making chips, do you want some. "Yes", so I make enough for everyone, then she doesn't want any as she has enough on her plate already, or even worse, "No", and then after I divvy up the chips "They look nice, are there any chips left?".

33 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Repeatedly, she puts a layer of foil on the grill so anything being grilled just sits frying in its own fat

I honestly couldn't deal with that. I'm actually getting angry for you.

I will usually bit a bit of foil in the grill pan under the actual tray to catch fat and make it easier to clean.
Repeatedly, she puts a layer of foil on the grill so anything being grilled just sits frying in its own fat.
In fact this is annoying me so much right now I’m not going to post any further on the matter.
I have seen enough in these threads now.

Where the f**k did you find this woman?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I have seen enough in these threads now.

Where the f**k did you find this woman?

Beggars can't be choosers. You and I aren't familiar with this problem.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

There’s your alibi right there. 

Yes, my wife can be like that occasionally, although in fairness, due to her sjogrens, which affects her taste and smell, which means she might fancy something but when it's made it doesn't smell right/taste right.
However, it annoys me when I say I'm making chips, do you want some. "Yes", so I make enough for everyone, then she doesn't want any as she has enough on her plate already, or even worse, "No", and then after I divvy up the chips "They look nice, are there any chips left?".

Just make extra chips all the time? She wants some, that’s fine as you’ve made enough. She doesn’t want some, extra chips for everyone else - nobody is turning down extra chips.

3 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Just make extra chips all the time? She wants some, that’s fine as you’ve made enough. She doesn’t want some, extra chips for everyone else - nobody is turning down extra chips.

There's extra chips and then there's extra chips.

My wife is doing Slimming World and often insists that I make her a separate meal as what I'm making for the family is too fattening. Usually it's a Slimming World ready meal (whatever, just bang it in the microwave). Then one evening I go to make myself a tasty snack of Nutella on a toasted muffin, only to find that the gigantic jar of Nutella I purchased recently is down to the scrapings because she has it on her breakfast every morning after I leave for work.

12 hours ago, mizfit said:

She’s put the heating on.

It’s fucking June.

I came home last night having been in a T-shirt all day and a bit sweaty to find her curled up on the couch with a blanket round her telling me she's "freezing". 

For people who've read my comments before yes the lamp was on even though the light was pouring in the French doors.