Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

3 minutes ago, nsr said:

My wife is doing Slimming World and often insists that I make her a separate meal as what I'm making for the family is too fattening. Usually it's a Slimming World ready meal (whatever, just bang it in the microwave). Then one evening I go to make myself a tasty snack of Nutella on a toasted muffin, only to find that the gigantic jar of Nutella I purchased recently is down to the scrapings because she has it on her breakfast every morning after I leave for work.

We did Slimming World for a while and it was utterly soul destroying. Constantly trying to work out how many syns were in a meal.  My suggestion of us exercising more and cutting down on our snacks was scoffed at.  Working out how much mayonnaise can be eaten with a burger? Much simpler.

My missus is the same.

Her: Oh my belly is so fat
Me: Go to the gym then
Her: I'll feel self conscious
Me: Exercise at home then
Her: But I don't know what to do
Me: Ask me, or go on the internet
Her: I'm too tired

Drives me nuts. Then because I do look after myself she says it makes her feel worse. Just get off your arse and get some exercise!
Sounds like she needs a personal trainer.... I can do that

My wife is doing Slimming World and often insists that I make her a separate meal as what I'm making for the family is too fattening. Usually it's a Slimming World ready meal (whatever, just bang it in the microwave). Then one evening I go to make myself a tasty snack of Nutella on a toasted muffin, only to find that the gigantic jar of Nutella I purchased recently is down to the scrapings because she has it on her breakfast every morning after I leave for work.
.56918291_2271013096483120_371798780118330586_n.jpg

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

My missus is the same.

Her: Oh my belly is so fat
Me: Go to the gym then
Her: I'll feel self conscious
Me: Exercise at home then
Her: But I don't know what to do
Me: Ask me, or go on the internet
Her: I'm too tired

Drives me nuts. Then because I do look after myself she says it makes her feel worse. Just get off your arse and get some exercise!

Mine does the exact same, but at the bottom of that list would be 

Her: Orders Pizza 

Her: Eats Pizza 

Her: Cries about weight and promises to start fresh tomorrow 

Guest bernardblack

Mrs BB doesn’t need to lose weight but when she decides she does it is always the same crash diet that will never be sustainable.

I try to suggest that watching what you eat, but not going crazy, with some exercise is a better combination....but no apparently expensive slimming meals are the option.

2 hours ago, nsr said:

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

We did Slimming World for a while and it was utterly soul destroying. Constantly trying to work out how many syns were in a meal.  My suggestion of us exercising more and cutting down on our snacks was scoffed at.  Working out how much mayonnaise can be eaten with a burger? Much simpler.

Slimming World is a piece of piss to get results from, if you can be arsed. If you're finding it soul destroying you're taking it too seriously or don't want to do it in the first place. The War Department took me to classes when we were doing IVF and I binned three and a half stone in a summer. I could probably have achieved as much by doing what SW advised - cut out the full bunner Irn-Bru, eat less bread, stop buying house biscuits - but it was worth going to keep winning slimmer of the week to the disgust of various Karen's and Angela's who thought losing one and a half pound a week was an achievement despite consuming nowt but gin between weigh-ins.

Never changed the quantity of sauce, mayo, etc I ate or put on anything tho. If you're micromanaging it to that extent you're never going to get anywhere.  Nutella and Slimming World don't go tho. Hell no. :lol:

We terrified a new starter at Slimming World on one occasion just after my wife had given birth to our daughter and the SW leader jokingly congratulated her on losing 15 pounds in a week.

Trying to watch a film together and she starts talking about or asking about what other films/TV shows certain actors have been in. 

I do not give a f**k. Let me enjoy the film. 

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Trying to watch a film together and she starts talking about or asking about what other films/TV shows certain actors have been in. 

I do not give a f**k. Let me enjoy the film. 

I'm terrible for that. Always pausing stuff to search IMDB to see who has been in what or what the locations were. 

f**k knows how long we’ve had Sky for, or for how long she’s lived in houses which have also had Sky, but somehow she has not memorised the number of a single channel and still needs to use the planner to find anything. Naturally, scrolling is still done channel at a time, and not page at a time.

And she can’t use the remote control without looking at it. And this means we regularly find ourselves in a situation where she’s taken so long to look down at the remote control to find the right button that the number pressed previously has disappeared off the screen.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

f**k knows how long we’ve had Sky for, or for how long she’s lived in houses which have also had Sky, but somehow she has not memorised the number of a single channel and still needs to use the planner to find anything. Naturally, scrolling is still done channel at a time, and not page at a time.

And she can’t use the remote control without looking at it. And this means we regularly find ourselves in a situation where she’s taken so long to look down at the remote control to find the right button that the number pressed previously has disappeared off the screen.

Working from home today.

Mrs has insisted that she put a wash on and it being hung outside on the line despite weather forecasts that it’s going to rain at various points today.

“You’ll just have to keep an eye out won’t you?”

Fucksake.