Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

I preferred the halcyon days when anybody phoning would go through your parents, who in turn would 'let you know'.
"Wait a minute I'll see if he's in" also known as "I'll see if he can be arsed talking to you".

I don’t like being at the beck and call of others. If they want me for something, they can wait until it suits me. Across all tech I must get hundreds of messages or notifications of some kind per day. How people can live with the constant interruption is beyond me.

Why bother with a phone then?

I think I must be a dinosaur on the phone front. I have one, it isn't on silent or mute. It stays downstairs overnight. 

My wife emailed me earlier to tell me to put a QR code into my phone's wallet. No clue what that means. I know what a QR code is, but the rest is gibberish. 

Just now, scottsdad said:

I think I must be a dinosaur on the phone front. I have one, it isn't on silent or mute. It stays downstairs overnight. 

My wife emailed me earlier to tell me to put a QR code into my phone's wallet. No clue what that means. I know what a QR code is, but the rest is gibberish. 

She means print off the QR code (at work obvs) and put it in your purse.

I must get hundreds of messages or notifications of some kind per day.

You have too many apps on your phone. I get notifications from messaging services and p’n’b. I turn off notifications for everything else. Mind you, i was glad my phone was on silent with the hundreds of notifications from the raith thread last week.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Silent is pointless, it may as well be off, as mentioned above.

I hear it's handy when you're watching wholesome family movies and want visual notification that the wife's on her way home.

28 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

She means print off the QR code (at work obvs) and put it in your purse.

No no no, you print the code, put it on a wooden table, take a picture, print that out, scan it, then upload to your web site for everyone to use.

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

When I watched the hideously over-rated TV show Community I very rarely laughed, but I did enjoy the panic of one character receiving a phonecall from another while remarking "she was born in the 80s, she still uses her phone as a phone!"

Agree about Community and glad to see someone else saying it.

On 08/02/2022 at 06:18, Thorongil said:

I don’t like being at the beck and call of others. If they want me for something, they can wait until it suits me. Across all tech I must get hundreds of messages or notifications of some kind per day. How people can live with the constant interruption is beyond me.

You would get a lot less messages or notifications if you answered your F****** phone!

58 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You would get a lot less messages or notifications if you answered your F****** phone!

Why should I? I’m busy. People just seem to think they are entitled to impose themselves on others. 

Phoning someone unsolicited is, in my view, entitled. And impatient. And obnoxious. 

send a message and if a phone call is truly necessary that can happen with the consent of both parties.

Edited by Thorongil

Sorting out an uncomplicated matter over the phone is much more efficient than a series of to and fro messages, often delayed. I think some people are just shy about talking to other people. 

Edited by welshbairn