Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Our son's birthday is Sunday and last Friday I placed an online order for a birthday cake from Costco using her membership number and email address. She kept going on about how she hasn't had an email from Costco about it. 

I had heard enough of her moaning by last night so ordered the same cake from Costco using my own membership no and email address and received an email acknowledgement within 10 minutes that went into my junk folder. I told her this and got "I've checked my junk and there's nothing there" in reply. 

Guess what I spotted in her junk email folder as she scrolled... 

It's somehow MY fault that I never checked HER emails for the acknowledgement 

10 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Our son's birthday is Sunday and last Friday I placed an online order for a birthday cake from Costco using her membership number and email address. She kept going on about how she hasn't had an email from Costco about it. 

I had heard enough of her moaning by last night so ordered the same cake from Costco using my own membership no and email address and received an email acknowledgement within 10 minutes that went into my junk folder. I told her this and got "I've checked my junk and there's nothing there" in reply. 

So theres a spare Costco cake going cheap?

11 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

I have to say you've only yourself to blame.  Your 1st mistake was getting involved in the first place thereby inviting blame when the inevitable f**k-up transpires.  Your 2nd mistake was getting involved yet AGAIN when the inevitable f**k-up did transpire.  Your 3rd mistake was listening to her about the email rather than just checking for yourself. 

So, in short, your Mrs has every right to blame you. 

You know what to do next year (assuming your wife is able to forgive you by then) - nothing, absolutely nothing. 

Guest DannyBlue
2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Pre-heating her oven is your job.

Yeah but when I do that she complains it was too quick. Can't have it both ways.

45 minutes ago, DannyBlue said:

My girlfriend never pre-heats the oven and then complains that whatever is being made takes longer than it's supposed to.

For any steak pie, no matter if the oven is preheated or not, it will always take longer, much longer, than what the instructions say.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

husband.jpg.ab4e8fe4067666176847813beb5c60f4.jpg

Let’s see…applying flame to section of copper pipe with no joint, and holding said pipe with bare hand slightly above that point…I think we can say “The Husband” is NOT a qualified plumber.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Let’s see…applying flame to section of copper pipe with no joint, and holding said pipe with bare hand slightly above that point…I think we can say “The Husband” is NOT a qualified plumber.

Meanwhile in another universe.

The pipe is frozen and the plumber is thawing out the pipes using his hand to gauge the temperature of the water therein.

You're hypothesis is the more likely and the artist is just using artistic license. 

13 minutes ago, TxRover said:

And I'll wager he doesn't have a Confined Space Permit.

6 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Meanwhile in another universe.

The pipe is frozen and the plumber is thawing out the pipes using his hand to gauge the temperature of the water therein.

You're hypothesis is the more likely and the artist is just using artistic license. 

Or the foreman has just appeared and he's looking busy.

Journey times. Doesn't matter what time of day she's coming to pick me, what distance away she is, what she has to finish before setting off she will always says 'be there in 10 mins',

It never takes ten minutes and for a start she lives a 15min drive from where I live. So all the factual evidence and previous experience makes me know it won't be 10 mins'.  She's always late

On 01/09/2023 at 08:54, hk blues said:

You know what to do next year (assuming your wife is able to forgive you by then) - nothing, absolutely nothing. 

Nice try, but...

"Why is it always me who has to do everything around here? I have so much on my plate - if you got involved from time to time, things like this wouldn't happen"

33 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Journey times. Doesn't matter what time of day she's coming to pick me, what distance away she is, what she has to finish before setting off she will always says 'be there in 10 mins',

It never takes ten minutes and for a start she lives a 15min drive from where I live. So all the factual evidence and previous experience makes me know it won't be 10 mins'.  She's always late

That's good. My wife seems to have mastered teleportation. Every time I think I've got time for a quick pint, she's there, blasting the car horn, or worse, coming in to the pub.

Picking her up in town after just dropping her off an hour before. She’s standing waiting at the entrance to the carpark at the double yellow lines, which isn’t the best place to stop to pick up.

I say, you should’ve waited down there (where I have to turn) as there’s seats.

Her. I didn’t think you’d see me there

Me. But when I dropped you off there you said “pick me up here”

Her. I meant at the carpark entrance