Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

5 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Food waste.  She has just done the weekly shop, bought more onions in a bag but the ones from last week are thrown in the food bin.  I have told her that you can buy them individually, but apparently she may need more than one for her recipe.  Well buy two.  Or three if you need.  

Every bloody week there are tatties or onions or something else she has bought that is wasted.  Does my head in.  

Anyone any reasonable solutions out there?

Buy frozen veggies.

Food waste.  She has just done the weekly shop, bought more onions in a bag but the ones from last week are thrown in the food bin.  I have told her that you can buy them individually, but apparently she may need more than one for her recipe.  Well buy two.  Or three if you need.  
Every bloody week there are tatties or onions or something else she has bought that is wasted.  Does my head in.  

My wife refuses to eat anything past it's best before date, it's in a bin as soon as it's ood! Iv told her numerous times that it doesn't all of a sudden go off at midnight on the date on the packet! It's like talking to a brick wall tho!

8 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Onions are good for a month or so if kept somewhere dark and preferably cool.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Onions are good for a month or so if kept somewhere dark and preferably cool.

This. WTF are you doing with onions that you need to throw them out?
I sometimes buy those massive string wholesale type bags of onions, because they go in a ridiculous number of recipes. Unless I've gotten a stray bad one, or one has sprouted to a daft degree, they're all perfectly fine.

The amount of times I have read in this thread about other half watching something on phone with volume up. As others try to watch tv. It boils my blood

It's the height of ignorant selfishness. After all phone is supplied with headphones usually.

My Mrs and step son used to do it. Have them well trained now.

Immediate shutdown phrase, ie "I cannot hear tv", works well.

18 minutes ago, mizfit said:

She's currently trying to arrange Christmas plans in the middle of July.

July, for f**k sakes.

2 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Kill her immediately,

This is the correct solution, not only will your woes be gone but you will save money on a present.

I think it is becoming a creeping disease as far as "events" go. Easter eggs advertised in supermarkets as early as the end of January, Christmas plans in summer etc.

I fully accept that I am a grumpy old chunt, but we are so consumer driven it is beyond belief.

This has nothing to do with our annoying partners, but it is a rant expressed.

On 12/07/2017 at 17:05, KnightswoodBear said:

This.  Mental idea.

You'd be as well telling her she's getting fat and you fancy her sister on the way out the door.

Nobody going to defend poor Throbber here?

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Are you new to this website?

I was assuming that KB hadn't actually meant that as a dig at Throbs, but now I'm not so sure...

Was wanting a lie in this morning having been having a really shit time of it recently and she's up at 7, decided that it's an appropriate time to sort out all of her stuff and her makeup, made a massive racket and dumped all her crap on the bed next to me. Including the washing she's not done. Talk about choosing your moments.

21 minutes ago, Widge said:

Was wanting a lie in this morning having been having a really shit time of it recently and she's up at 7, decided that it's an appropriate time to sort out all of her stuff and her makeup, made a massive racket and dumped all her crap on the bed next to me. Including the washing she's not done. Talk about choosing your moments.

No half decent judge would send you down if you.cracked her one for that, that is just plain pisstaking from her