Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

How does any of that negate the point I made? The EoS blocked the SJFA from entering last season through the 'all-in' approach. That is fact. I am not saying that they blocked the WRSJFA from getting in unilaterally. Do you really not grasp that nuance? It's far from clear what the scenario is with the North Region. As long as the HL has more potential vacancies than there are licensed clubs with floodlights available to fill them there is no obvious need for promotion and relegation.
The "all-in" was never possible with some of the East juniors being above the existing boundary line.

Any change to the HL and LL boundary would, I assume, need approval from the HL, LL and the SPFL too.

With all the recent activity on here I mistakenly thought some progress must have happened but instead it's still just groundhog day.

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

That's not all in the one step though.  Would have been LL area first and the HL next at some point down the line.

That is how it's probably going to have to progress.  West first (WoS or WRJFA), then East/Tayside (several different solutions), which then may link into HL/NRJFA.

If all WRJFA clubs are behind moving into the Pyramid then all well and good (it should already have happened) but I get the impression that this is no longer the case, despite the fact that nothing will change for the majority of them.  Then there is the uncertainty over the Junior Cup and whether that has a place in the Pyramid. Some clubs appear very attached to it.  So there could be a situation where some want to move, some don't, and the tipping point may come at the turn of the year if little or no progress has been made at PWG. A WoSFL will then come a little closer IMO, providing clubs with a choice and allowing the west to enter the Pyramid.

All of the above has to be disassociated with the East, that requires a different solution.  As we all know, dropping the ERJFA in just like the WRJFA is a non-starter, unanimously rejected by LL and EoS, plus the boundary issue. That approach needs to go and another is required.  TJ and the SJFA will try to cling to "all-in" no doubt and if they do, we wont see progress.  Meantime, the option remains for south of Tay clubs to join the EoS.

The unknown is the LL2 issue. Has any serious discussion taken place as yet with the working group formed by the LL, has it reached a conclusion to the point of having a proposal to present to PWG. We'll see. That potentially could shift everything.

So, the next step is to call another PWG meeting, which really needs to involve the Regions, not just the SJFA. That may have happened, I've not heard anything. However the clock continues to tick on next season and you've probably got until end of March to get agreement, a little over 6 months away. Not long.

If this was decided back in October the Highland League area might have decided how their set up was going to work. BoD may well have applied to the HL knowing it was inevitable for them and had spent the previous 8 months involved in the negotiations.

The Highland League pyramid may very well be apply up until a certain point and then split into HL1 and HL2. So it is basically all in one step as the Highland area is forced to address what they're going to do.

38 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

How does any of that negate the point I made? The EoS blocked the SJFA from entering last season through the 'all-in' approach. That is fact. I am not saying that they blocked the WRSJFA from getting in unilaterally. Do you really not grasp that nuance? It's far from clear what the scenario is with the North Region. As long as the HL has more potential vacancies than there are licensed clubs with floodlights available to fill them there is no obvious need for promotion and relegation.

God give me strength.

Your nuanced point is utterly immaterial and is being used to apportion blame to the EoSFL and LL where none exists. There is no 'all-in' approach. The issues you state that preclude a need for a solution in the North are no more or less valid than the issues that preclude a parallel league solution in the East. If the SJFA were genuine in their 'all-in' approach then they would be insisting on the north region coming in at Tier 6 under the HFL, immaterial of whether licensed clubs there can currently gain access to the HFL by application. Promotion or relegation may not initially be possible but the region would become part of the pyramid and, if a licensed club eventually emerged, promotion is then available other than through application. I'm neither advocating or criticising this approach, merely stating that those behind an 'all-in' agenda would be pushing it alongside east region and west region pyramid access  if they were genuine in their 'all-in' assertion. They're not. No 'all-in' approach actually exists, even though that is the mandate the SJFA were given.

Unhitch all three wagons from each other and there could be immediate progress. Do you really not grasp this or are you going to continue with the same old folly that has gone nowhere and will continue to go nowhere?

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If the WRSJFA and ERSJFA had entered this season, the SJFA would definitely have turned into an irrelevance as the years passed and a relic from another era in a Forfarshire FA sort of way but that's clearly not enough for some people, so you have to question whether lurking underneath it all there could be an "it's ma baw and you're no playing" self-interest agenda, especially where some of the founding LL clubs are concerned. Clubs like Spartans can pretty much forget ever playing in the SPFL if the likes of Clydebank, Auchinleck Talbot, Beith and Pollok ever entered the LL stage right. Many of the people who tend to drone on about excluding the juniors from the Scottish Cup probably viewed the introduction of pyramid as a senior grade only thing rather than the first step to a continental style league structure.

Absolute garbage auchinleck barely beat us on a day we were poor and we are a.mid table eos side 

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If this was decided back in October the Highland League area might have decided how their set up was going to work. BoD may well have applied to the HL knowing it was inevitable for them and had spent the previous 8 months involved in the negotiations.

The Highland League pyramid may very well be apply up until a certain point and then split into HL1 and HL2. So it is basically all in one step as the Highland area is forced to address what they're going to do.

The NRJFA appear to have been left alone after they indicated they were not interested, but I do think (just a guess) that BoD will move to the HL next season. If not, it will be interesting to see what the SFA will do with regards to their Licence.

As suggested above, perhaps the NRJFA should be given tier 6 status anyway to allow any other clubs to go down the Licence route if they choose.

Based on posts on here over the last few months from those involved in the west who seem to indicate some clubs would rather just stay Junior and keep what they have.

Fair point but how many of the fans on here would have a say in the decision of their clubs. It mainly seems to be Talbot fans but I’m pretty sure if you took away the chance of Scottish Cup football from them the tune would change.

It is the SJFA who are negotiating entry in PWG meetings not the WRSJA. As stated the EoS did block SJFA entry. That is 100% factual
As has been pointed out many, many, many times, no it isn't factual.

The EoS were asked for their view on one solution, a bad one, they proposed another solution, a pragmatic one, which would have seen the WRSJFA in this season, right now, as ayt speak.

The SJFA "blocked" that happening by insisting no West without East and not taking that proposal to the clubs.

You can peddle this EoS "blocked" the juniors shite as many times as you want, but "100% factual" it most certainly is not.

11 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I don’t think they would be installing floodlights if they weren’t preparing for the move. I think that the clubs/fans who may be indecisive on this will change their tune if the Scottish Cup option is pulled from them.

...one of their officeholders has even stated quite recently that most of what they are doing off the field is in preparation for pyramid entry. What would be interesting to have clarified on here is whether Cumnock and Petershill had their licensing applications passed onto the licensing committee with a view to entry into SFA membership at next year's AGM, if they tick all the boxes at the audit stage. If they were, I suspect Auchinleck will be keen to keep up with the Joneses. 

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat this nonsense it doesn't make it true.

One last time, the EoS DID NOT BLOCK THE SJFA FROM ENTERING!

Sorry to perhaps have skipped a lot of what has been covered - but how long do west junior teams hold off before seeking applications to a wosl should the juniors dig their heels in again regarding the east region issue? 

I think clubs just have to take the leap and make it happen. Can’t understand why the west just seems to accept being left behind whilst east clubs take the lead. The lack of leadership to just go out and get a league sorted is beyond me.

12 minutes ago, BTID said:

Sorry to perhaps have skipped a lot of what has been covered - but how long do west junior teams hold off before seeking applications to a wosl should the juniors dig their heels in again regarding the east region issue? 

I think clubs just have to take the leap and make it happen. Can’t understand why the west just seems to accept being left behind whilst east clubs take the lead. The lack of leadership to just go out and get a league sorted is beyond me.

Turn of the year. If there's no news, and right now there's no news of the PWG even meeting again. EoSFL usually put up their application information in January, so East Region clubs will start looking at that again. The West clubs will have to take it upon themselves to find their route into the pyramid.

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Turn of the year. If there's no news, and right now there's no news of the PWG even meeting again. EoSFL usually put up their application information in January, so East Region clubs will start looking at that again. The West clubs will have to take it upon themselves to find their route into the pyramid.

I think that you'll find that the EoS have had the notice up for a while this season! Make of that what you will.

Perhaps Kinnoull weren't the only ERJFA club checking things out? Don't know - just speculation on my part.