Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think everyone knows there are some fantastic junior clubs, some very professional and with good crowds, for example I was at Newlandsfield yesterday  with a crowd of 762.
It was an OK game, disappointing in parts and exciting in others but the large crowd made the day, their voices heard  from both sides and with such a fantastic sunny day it was a pleasure to witness the experience of the whole fixture.

If the West junior teams join the pyramid system and at tier 6 then Scottish football and the Scottish pyramid system will be enhanced and only positives on the way and with the rest of the junior teams in the East and North joining I can only see it improving ten fold. Obviously The associations organisers/committee will be looking after themselves or intending to if a change is happening and I believe the SJFA would only let the West join/form as a senior package if the East and North join in situ because the SJFA know with only the West joining it will weaken their power and leave the east junior wanting to move. 

Individually you will get committees of teams who don't want to move, who are just happy to go with the flow.  If a move happens, remember this is and will be a new experience for every junior committee and they know they will have to make sure their house is in order and all areas covered. Some clubs are already doing so in anticipation so some will be ready to go with the future in mind, some will go just wanting to continue in the way they are doing so already.
You will get fans who just want to stay put, (for many reasons), as the juniors is all they know and I get that, you even get fans who don't want Astro and moan about it but when you consider most teams now train on Astro.

There isn't many negatives on the idea of a move to Seniors just there is a lot of power struggles and views that make this whole concept head bursting when infact iI believe t could be sorted easily.   I definitely want to see them all move to the one system, the senior pyramid system and  I'm positive that there will be a snowball effect will be that there will have to be changes to the youth system, again a power struggle there and hopefully the right outcome with no more of the close shop of the SYFA. Again you have Pollok, Clydebank Academies already getting in shape for a possible change as they know they do not intend to be left behind and I'm sure there are many more academies looking to improve to a higher level and that includes Rossvale youth academy.

You do know it is the Senior Leagues that are holding things up.

10 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think everyone knows there are some fantastic junior clubs, some very professional and with good crowds, for example I was at Newlandsfield yesterday  with a crowd of 762.
It was an OK game, disappointing in parts and exciting in others but the large crowd made the day, their voices heard  from both sides and with such a fantastic sunny day it was a pleasure to witness the experience of the whole fixture.

If the West junior teams join the pyramid system and at tier 6 then Scottish football and the Scottish pyramid system will be enhanced and only positives on the way and with the rest of the junior teams in the East and North joining I can only see it improving ten fold. Obviously The associations organisers/committee will be looking after themselves or intending to if a change is happening and I believe the SJFA would only let the West join/form as a senior package if the East and North join in situ because the SJFA know with only the West joining it will weaken their power and leave the east junior wanting to move. 

Individually you will get committees of teams who don't want to move, who are just happy to go with the flow.  If a move happens, remember this is and will be a new experience for every junior committee and they know they will have to make sure their house is in order and all areas covered. Some clubs are already doing so in anticipation so some will be ready to go with the future in mind, some will go just wanting to continue in the way they are doing so already.
You will get fans who just want to stay put, (for many reasons), as the juniors is all they know and I get that, you even get fans who don't want Astro and moan about it but when you consider most teams now train on Astro.

There isn't many negatives on the idea of a move to Seniors just there is a lot of power struggles and views that make this whole concept head bursting when infact iI believe t could be sorted easily.   I definitely want to see them all move to the one system, the senior pyramid system and  I'm positive that there will be a snowball effect will be that there will have to be changes to the youth system, again a power struggle there and hopefully the right outcome with no more of the close shop of the SYFA. Again you have Pollok, Clydebank Academies already getting in shape for a possible change as they know they do not intend to be left behind and I'm sure there are many more academies looking to improve to a higher level and that includes Rossvale youth academy.

7 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

You do know it is the Senior Leagues that are holding things up.

Do you believe that this is true, you think its the seniors fault.

I'm sorry but have you read this thread throughout its entirety, if you have you know they are not to blame for this matter.
You cannot say the seniors as a whole when there is different associations EOS, SOS, HL, LL  etc.. why?,  because each one will have different agendas from the other.

States that the EOS and the SOS don't have a problem with a WOS starting, and at tier 6 infact they stated they want the WRFA to take up the spot in that area with a division starting point at Tier 6 , they just stated they do not want the ERJFA coming in separately and at Tier 6.
The SJFA as far as I'm aware told all the juniors that they wont be moving over as a unit, my assumption of this is basically because they don't want to allow losing the WRJFA to the seniors giving them less power with only the ERJFA and the NRJFA who will be left in their junior association.
There is an idiot power struggle with many on all these committees looking after number one and all they are doing is harming and  slowing down the process.
There will eventually be a pyramid system complete with all the junior teams, Im not sure when and it may not be the way that I think it should be but I'm positive it will eventually be there

This is my feelings on your comment here, there are tons of people who make stuff up on this thread and post, or are ill informed or state something that is against one side because they want their own side or view to do well, whether its juniors or seniors or east or West or north or HL or LL etc....     I just don't think your comment has any merit and there is nothing to go along with it for me and most people on here to believe that, that was the case.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Are you actively involved with a football club at Senior level?
You know I am.

Just like you know the Senior league's aren't (and never have been) holding up the West Juniors clubs coming into the pyramid.

But carry on, I'm sure you have a point.....

Despite the fact that they actually did prevent a change to the LL entry playoff being made to accomodate the east and west regions as tier 6 leagues in line with a directive from the SFA board that the SJFA's entry was to be facilitated. While we are at it let's also argue over whether black is white, 2+2 = 5, and Davie Dodds was one of Scotland's most handsome internationals.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Despite the fact that they actually did prevent a change to the LL entry playoff being made to accomodate the east and west regions as tier 6 leagues in line with a directive from the SFA board that the SJFA's entry was to be facilitated. While we are at it let's also argue over whether black is white, 2+2 = 5, and Davie Dodds was one of Scotland's most handsome internationals.

dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

ffs I usually agree with everything you say but WTF. of course they are going to go against the East region joining in at tier 6, that's a given, what simpleton in their level would not do the same. The post on here, factual and non factual state that the EOS and SOS are NOT AGAINST a WOS starting straight away with no objection just not both.  While we are at it, what asshole would sanction the offer of both ERJFA and WRJFA join the pyramid when everyone and their cat and dog know none of them, quite rightly wont allow the ERJFA in a Teri 6.
There is already a East region in Tier 6 so you cannot add another one, unless your taking backhanders or feel an affiliation with the East while in a power of authority and don't give a shit about whats best for Scottish Football

North Region supposedly told the Highland League they weren't interested in November. The East Region started discussing splitting North and South either at the end of 2018 or certainly certainly early in the new year.

By the time the March PWG came around the obvious compromise was for the West Region to enter alone in 2019-20, and that's certainly what the EoS was pushing. At that point neither the North or East Regions were in a position to enter.

Jesus Christ. [emoji85]

Declined to make one specific (and ludicrous) change to the playoff rules that would have caused carnage that the SFA themselves clearly knew was batshit crazy, while offering another change to the same rules that would have seen any junior team who wanted to be involved in a far more sensible and pragmatic way right now.

Junior entry was facilitated, the SJFA just didn't like the way it was facilitated and refused to split the East from the West when it offered a solution for their members (despite proving it could be done within their "all in mandate" when they dropped the North like a hot tattie).

Happy to help.

Again.

Don't let the actual events get in the way of your "facts" though, do continue. You really are flogging a dead, decaying, buried, resurrected like sevco horse at this point.

The only organization with a mandate to negotiate entry on behalf of junior clubs collectively at the moment is the SJFA. The EoS were and are not going to accept ERSJFA entry and have the ability to veto it, so there is no way to get the SJFA in as a collective entity. The PWG process is a waste of time unless something fundamental changes. 

4 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Jesus Christ. emoji85.png

Declined to make one specific (and ludicrous) change to the playoff rules that would have caused carnage that the SFA themselves clearly knew was batshit crazy, while offering another change to the same rules that would have seen any junior team who wanted to be involved in a far more sensible and pragmatic way right now.

Junior entry was facilitated, the SJFA just didn't like the way it was facilitated and refused to split the East from the West when it offered a solution for their members (despite proving it could be done within their "all in mandate" when they dropped the North like a hot tattie).

Happy to help.

Again.

Don't let the actual events get in the way of your "facts" though, do continue. You really are flogging a dead, decaying, buried, resurrected like sevco horse at this point.

This is how I see, stated above by Gaz.

the only difference I believe from other readings that the North eventually pulled out of the meetings stating that they have decided to decline the offer of moving.

Look as stated before, the pyramid system will eventually happen. Might not be the way I think it should be but I'm 99% positive it will.
there are too many power struggles going on that is making it a mess and some of the crap stated by some on here justs adds more crap to it

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The only organization with a mandate to negotiate entry on behalf of junior clubs collectively at the moment is the SJFA. The EoS were and are not going to accept ERSJFA entry and have the ability to veto it, so there is no way to get the SJFA in as a collective entity. The PWG process is a waste of time unless something fundamental changes. 

There is right now an option for the WOS to go all in.
The SJFA do not want this to happen as it will weaken their structure, leaving with them with ONLY the North and East, thus less negotiation power
The ERJFA would have been allowed but only as joining into the EOS, which the ERJFA and SJFA did not find acceptable.

If the WOS does start with all the WRJFA joining then all the teams in the North and the East regions will get ancy and you will start to see more moving on their own independently, its just common sense.

24 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The WoS does not exist. There is no way of knowing for sure whether the SFA would even sanction it, if there was an attempt to start one. The SoS is currently the only viable way in for most west region clubs.

auch what a lot of crock.
Of course the WOS doesn't exists because its not been started yet - There is a space for the WOS, its common sense.
The SOS is the only way for any club in the West to join right now but you wouldn't have all the West teams joining as its not feasible with the areas in the SOS.
The SOS means the South of Scotland, not the West that's why there is a space available for the WOS.

See if there was agreement from the EOS, SOS WRJFA and the SJFA etc.. for WOS to start and someone at the SFA stopped it, he or she wouldn't never dare put their name against it cause they know it would be stupid and idiotic to NOT sanction it.

What gets me is most of this pyramid crap is such common sense and people for whatever their allegiance or view don't see these things