Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

20 minutes ago, TheDemon said:

We (Heston) will be going along to the sit down in March to discuss WoSL.  Previous clubs mentioned in my previous post are all still interested in joining from the South. 

We will also be aiming to sort our license for 21/22 season.  

Shouldn't you be focused on being 2.0 at half time to us?

2 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Steady you...we've got shoes that are older than you. All this used to be fields, you know...

I think Boomer has taken on a new meaning now. Technically I am Gen X - but I definitely have my Boomer moments.

EDIT :  And that was one of them - I can't even spell.

Edited by theesel1994

9 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Think we can tell who is involved in pushing this WRJFA plan...

The SJFA seen as the stumbling block? They didn't realise this two years ago when the East clubs all left.

They changed their position overnight without consulting the member clubs. It's ok, we'll discuss the final details once the deadline for the WoSL has passed. This time we'll get it done.

5 hours ago, Garret Deasy said:

It is to protect those benefiting from the generosity of the clubs still playing in the junior ranks. 

There is a consistency of ability from John Fyfe and John Reilly (The East Region head honcho). Zero ability. Will do nothing without asking TJ or previously Scott Robertson to tell them what to do.

Secretaries for each region getting at least £15k, plus expenses ((unreceipted). Then fixture secs and then the "management" committee members. Add to that £85,000 pa. for Tom J.

The guy who runs the East of Scotland leagues takes £400 per annum to cover costs like phone and travel. That's it!

So a lot of jobs and nice little earners to protect. Some might say it is worth it as they do such a good job? Especially those doing the jobs. 💀😱

Not sure how the Flat Earth Society runs itself. But the SJFA is operating at a similar level.

You really couldn't make it up.

Are those figures accurate ? I qas under impression that TAJ was on around £30k and regional folk mainly voluntary. This is shurely shite 

6 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

The SJFA seen as the stumbling block? They didn't realise this two years ago when the East clubs all left.

They changed their position overnight without consulting the member clubs. It's ok, we'll discuss the final details once the deadline for the WoSL has passed. This time we'll get it done.

I'm sure the LL/EoS will be happy to "negotiate" with the West Region. Its simple really. Enter the South Region Challenge Cup instead of the Junior Cup, essentially just leave the SJFA. We've also got a bunch of potential applicants looking to apply so you're going to have amend your division structure in some way. Possibly even let existing Tier 6 clubs enter at whatever your Tier 6 league will be at the absolute minimum.

You alright with all that? No, what a shame. That's okay we've got our own WoSFL to get started with anyway.

8 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Think we can tell who is involved in pushing this WRJFA plan...

The only scenario that offered the east region the possibility to get in was the all in approach through option Z given the posture of the EoS. If the SJFA has now stepped back and the west region is now doing its own thing then the SJFA have basically given up on the east region ever being part of the pyramid, because there is zero chance of the EoS ever agreeing to it.

Something for West Lothian junior clubs to ponder is that if by some miracle the west region actually got this to work and was able to move over en masse, while the north region also hooks up with the HL up north as appears to be on the cards, that could easily mean that only the east region would be left in the SJFA as soon as next season because solidarity appears to have been thrown oot the windae. This is transparently obviously all about a small clique keeping their blazers in the new order of things.

15 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Are those figures accurate ? I qas under impression that TAJ was on around £30k and regional folk mainly voluntary. This is shurely shite 

They are not accurate (afaik). Your TAJ one closer to reality while auld Papa Lazarou was on high single thousands before the job title change (afaik). 

And this is the problem. Gordon Ronney may know what the next step is and what has happened in the past. But if they want the clubs to believe them they will need to show evidence.

Beenze? Completely deluded, and Junior clubs should be asking who decided that it was every league for themselves (I guess it explains the "events" at the ERJFA meeting that lead to the Fife clubs leaving, told they're on their own)

They are being lead a dance by donkeys.

I'm sure the LL/EoS will be happy to "negotiate" with the West Region. Its simple really. Enter the South Region Challenge Cup instead of the Junior Cup, essentially just leave the SJFA. We've also got a bunch of potential applicants looking to apply so you're going to have amend your division structure in some way. Possibly even let existing Tier 6 clubs enter at whatever your Tier 6 league will be at the absolute minimum.
You alright with all that? No, what a shame. That's okay we've got our own WoSFL to get started with anyway.
Entirely negotiable, but it needs all parties to be willing to negotiate it.
The WJFA clearly want negotiations to come about, others don't.