Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

33 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Getting desperate........

Dear All

The outcome of the recent Pyramid Working Group and the subsequent statement from the Lowland League suggesting they intend “taking the process forward” has caused further consternation and  uncertainty. I note that the statement doesn’t suggest any detail on how this process might work. It has been suggested elsewhere that “expressions of interest “ will be issued – however will,  as suggested  “every club in the Lowland area have the opportunity to progress through the Pyramid”  or only  a selected few.

Its interesting to note that as far as I am aware, neither the EOS or LL have sought agreement as yet or received permission  from the Scottish FA to form a new League(s)

We have been consistent in advocating that the Pyramid void in the West of Scotland can be readily filled and administered by the existing West Region structure. We have also been seeking assurances that the North and East  Regions are given the same fair and equitable opportunities

Whilst it is not the intention to reschedule any further meetings of the PWG meantime, I am continuing communication with the Scottish FA and Rod Petrie has agreed to attend our Management Committee meeting on Thursday evening.

I would ask that all clubs stay resolute at this time and hopefully it can be facilitated  that we can process through the Pyramid from within the Junior structure.

Regards
Tom Johnston
Scottish Junior FA

Because hes shat it. He still persists of all in and it's not going to happen

"We have been consistent in advocating that the Pyramid void in the West of Scotland can be readily filled and administered by the existing West Region structure. We have also been seeking assurances that the North and East  Regions are given the same fair and equitable opportunities"

This alone should be the green light to any WRJFA club who want access to the Pyramid to get the heck out of there.  He is going to keep beating the same tired drum despite the fact the PWG is done and dusted and "all-in or none is" has actually been confirmed as "none in".

He is utterly deluded.

If Tom Johnston poisons the well and tries to further manipulate Petrie into blocking a WOSL its for nothing other than to protect his cushy well paid number, this man has never had the best interests of junior clubs at heart and is an absolute disgrace, just trying to protect his wee empire and trips with the SFA.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Dear All

The outcome of the recent Pyramid Working Group and the subsequent statement from the Lowland League suggesting they intend “taking the process forward” has caused further consternation and  uncertainty. I note that the statement doesn’t suggest any detail on how this process might work. It has been suggested elsewhere that “expressions of interest “ will be issued – however will,  as suggested  “every club in the Lowland area have the opportunity to progress through the Pyramid”  or only  a selected few.

Its interesting to note that as far as I am aware, neither the EOS or LL have sought agreement as yet or received permission  from the Scottish FA to form a new League(s)

We have been consistent in advocating that the Pyramid void in the West of Scotland can be readily filled and administered by the existing West Region structure. We have also been seeking assurances that the North and East  Regions are given the same fair and equitable opportunities

Whilst it is not the intention to reschedule any further meetings of the PWG meantime, I am continuing communication with the Scottish FA and Rod Petrie has agreed to attend our Management Committee meeting on Thursday evening.

I would ask that all clubs stay resolute at this time and hopefully it can be facilitated  that we can process through the Pyramid from within the Junior structure.

Regards
Tom Johnston
Scottish Junior FA

Fingers crossed!!

So that filled the first 30 minutes of his working day. He's now settling down to watch this forum for the next seven hours before putting his North Face jacket on to go home again.

42 minutes ago, Marten said:

Interesting as well that he now suddenly does mention the north, despite forgetting about them previously. Maybe he is scared that they will leave en masse if they indeed reach an agreement with the HFL?

Don't think he would worry one way or the other. He might prefer it if they did as he could then blame them for breaking the all in together credo.

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If Tom Johnston poisons the well and tries to further manipulate Petrie into blocking a WOSL its for nothing other than to protect his cushy well paid number, this man has never had the best interests of junior clubs at heart and is an absolute disgrace, just trying to protect his wee empire and trips with the SFA.

What I find astonishing (or maybe I don't) is that there is no acknowledgement that the SJFA may have to consider a different approach to try and drag them back from the cliff edge.  There's nothing.  Where is the SJFA or WRJFA Presidents in all of this?  TAJ is the only show in town.

It's a busted flush.  Stay Junior or join the WoSFL.

Dear All

Regards
Tom Johnston
Scottish Junior FA

A master of manipulation for those lemmings that deny that the cliff-edge is in sight!!

Image result for cartoon sheep and cliff edge

Dear All

Regards
Tom Johnston
Scottish Junior FA

I think the game is up. If any club is intending staying in the juniors on the basis of the promises of TJ then I have some magic beans for sale.

It's ok lads hes invited rod petrie along on Thursday this is the same guy who already tried and failed to push through option zzz he has no say on how the lowland or east vote so what's the point on champion this guy 

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Dear All

Regards
Tom Johnston
Scottish Junior FA

For me alone, I read this that the junior association want the North and East juniors incorporated in the way they want, which is East juniors in at tier 6 as a separate association which would NEVER happen and thus all the juniors including the West would just go round and round on a roundabout with no junior team going to the pyramid/seniors league as the squabbling would continue round the agreement table.

I'm not more inclined to think its best that the teams who want to progress should join the senior/pyramid league and those junior teams who want to stay should stay, I really do not see a problem with this with a team wanting to try and grow.
Obviously the knock on effect would be that the following junior year after a few QUALITY teams have left there wouldn't be as good a product and thus those teams that stay might get itchy feet.  

I can understand why TJ is fighting for what they want as it means they are still in a power position but he's not been wanting to make concessions that's why he wants the all-in to join the way he wants at the levels he thinks it should be but the seniors, and quite rightly in my eyes, are not going for this.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

12 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Here's a scenario... Rod will show, make some vaguely promising sounds from beneath his Magnumesque tache and these vaguely promising - but non-committal - noises shall from that moment be the drumbeat to unity! 

I feel a done deal coming on............

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Dear All

...Its interesting to note that as far as I am aware, neither the EOS or LL have sought agreement as yet or received permission  from the Scottish FA to form a new League(s)...

Regards
Tom Johnston
Scottish Junior FA

Hopefully most people involved will be able to grasp that the EoS or LL don't need permission to form a new league if what they are doing is adding extra divisions to their already existing leagues and can see through what he is trying to do here. Option Z is dead so SJFA entry won't be happening.

Dear All

Regards
Tom Johnston
Scottish Junior FA

To paraphrase Blackadder goes Forth

Tom Johnstone has formulated a brilliant new tactical plan to ensure final victory at the PWG.

Ah. Would this brilliant plan involve all in at tier 6 or none in?

How could you possibly know that? It's classified information!

It's the same plan that we used last time and the seventeen times before that.

Exactly! And that is what is so brilliant about it! It will catch the watchful East of Scotland totally off guard! Doing precisely what we've done eighteen times before is exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this time! There is, however, one small problem.

That everyone rejects it in the first ten seconds.

That's right. And Tom Johnstone is worried this may be depressing the teams a tad. So he's looking for a way to cheer them up.

Well, his resignation and suicide seems the obvious choice.

Hmm, interesting thought. Make a note of it.