Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

9 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Really?

We don't know why they weren't accepted, let's be Frank for a minute though, 67 clubs in and one not would suggest that either the application wasn't up to the required standard, their ground didn't meet the basic criteria or they were not considered a wosfl area club.

None of that suggests cherry picking. Cherry picking would be picking the top 20 sides and rejecting the rest. That didn't happen.

Until it is made clear why the 1 club was rejected it wouldn't be prudent to suggest they were cherry picked out.

The statement makes it very clear.

"One application fell well short of the minimum standards required".

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:
But the JB manager seems to thing the SJFA or WSJFA are running the new league.
Not sure why he doesn't pick up the phone to someone there instead of whinging to the press.

So many people are still not getting this. The WRSJFA will not be running the WoSFL.

3wmgjw.jpg

I'm going to put my neck on the line but I think Largs Thistle stand a very good chance of winning Conference C next season. You heard it here first (and probably last).

Quite a prediction since the draw hasn't been made yet....

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:
5 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:
I'm going to put my neck on the line but I think Largs Thistle stand a very good chance of winning Conference C next season. You heard it here first (and probably last).

Quite a prediction since the draw hasn't been made yet....

Which is probably why it will be the last time it is mentioned. 

I hope some very stiff drinks are available in various lockdown locations in Ayrshire and Lanarkshire when it becomes clear the only cherry-picking going on will be in their local supermarket fruit & veg section. I can't believe they were lied to! 😲💩🐃

Edited by cmontheloknow

6 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Is there gonnie be a promotion after the 1st season of this new wosl? Say the 3 conference winners and bottom of LL go into a play off or something.

Mon the papers

As things stand the expectation is a three way playoff for one promotion spot to the Lowland League. For that to happen all three champions of the WoSFL, EoSFL and SoSFL will have to be licenced.

• 3 Licenced Champions = 3 way playoff format to be confirmed for one promotion spot
  • 2 Licenced Champions = Two legged playoff for one promotion spot
  • 1 Licenced Champion = Automatic promotion
  • No Licenced Champion = No promotion