Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, combineharvester said:

Not read most of thread. But hearing Johnny miller taking over reigns at new club st cadocs  with some one throwing bit of cash at them ... ground sharing with ants to begin wae ... hearing there building ants a shed 

Not a formicary? 🤣

2 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Not read most of thread. But hearing Johnny miller taking over reigns at new club st cadocs  with some one throwing bit of cash at them ... ground sharing with ants to begin wae ... hearing there building ants a shed 

Well it will give you something to do between now and August!

24 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

This may have been answered elsewhere but what about kick off times? Are we heading back to 3pm or is it sticking at 2pm?

If I'm not mistaken, the home clubs decide in the EoSFL. Obviously in certain times of the year a lot depends on whether or not a club has floodlights.

Not been on in a few days or 500+ posts worth. Are all 63 WRJFA teams now confirmed? Have any Junior teams declined dual membership of the SJFA? Are there still 4 non Junior teams joining? Is it still going to be conferences if so have they decided how many? Have SJFA confirmed they’re good for dual membership too?

Many thanks for an update.

If I'm not mistaken, the home clubs decide in the EoSFL. Obviously in certain times of the year a lot depends on whether or not a club has floodlights.
It's 2.30pm for almost everyone throughout the season, a few have 3.00pm. In winter months, those without lights move to 2.00pm.

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Not been on in a few days or 500+ posts worth. Are all 63 WRJFA teams now confirmed? Have any Junior teams declined dual membership of the SJFA? Are there still 4 non Junior teams joining? Is it still going to be conferences if so have they decided how many? Have SJFA confirmed they’re good for dual membership too?

Yes, probably at least two, yes, yes and probably four, no.

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

All 63 WRJFA confirmed + Bonnyton Thistle, Glasgow University, Drumchapel United & St. Cadoc's, so 67 teams in total. It's going to be conferences, normally 4 but I guess there is a chance it has to be 5 to reduce fixtures if the new season starts later. No confirmation from SJFA re. dual membership yet afaik.

All 63 junior sides accepted.

The one rejection was a Scoutable FC?

Just now, Marten said:

Now there is a WoSFL forum can all those West posters please bugger off there so this can be for the North, Tayside & West Lothian clubs here? Many thanks in advance. :) 

I agree.  GTF day come early for this thread.  ERJFA and NRJFA chat only.

I feel sad 😥

I may pop back to discuss WL matters, although maybe that will end up in the amateur forum......

30 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Its...beautiful!

21001434-green-and-white-shed.jpg

12 hours ago, spit said:

Problems will arise with the junior Cup, a can see it being played mostly midweek, as fixtures start to backlog with weather,as wosfl have already stated that league games take priority, imagine Cumnock away to Dyce, stoneyburn down to kello, on a weds night, your going to have wosfl, ejfa, Northern leagues all trying to align fixtures, it could become a shambles, then will the prize money be the same, sjfa won't have the same resources or pull with sponsorship for this tournament, I can see a large entry this season but it falling away quickly season after season as teams realise its losing its appeal

Can anyone explain to me why the former West Region Junior clubs will be able to play in the Scottish Junior Cup next season when they will no longer be junior? Apologies, but I don't fancy having to read several thousand posts to find the answer.

2 minutes ago, no such thing as neutral said:

Can anyone explain to me why the former West Region Junior clubs will be able to play in the Scottish Junior Cup next season when they will no longer be junior? Apologies, but I don't fancy having to read several thousand posts to find the answer.

They are hoping to see a rule change in the SJFA that will allow for it.