Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Now the west is in and if the north join the pyramid then any new teams joining should be made to start in whatever bottom division that the catchment area is should be no more rejigging divisions to accommodate teams so if tayside teams want to join the pyramid they do so from whatever bottom division they can join 

13 minutes ago, Ped said:

Now the west is in and if the north join the pyramid then any new teams joining should be made to start in whatever bottom division that the catchment area is should be no more rejigging divisions to accommodate teams so if tayside teams want to join the pyramid they do so from whatever bottom division they can join 

EoSFL and WoSFL have set their stalls out for 2021-22. WoS Premier, First, Second and Third. EoS Premier, First and Second. Anyone new is joining at the bottom of those structures.

As for the North joining the pyramid. If Rothie Rovers were accepted by the North Region it sounds like the Region has had their AGM. No news has filtered out about the pyramid. Looks like another year sitting outside.

The Tayside clubs are not being included in the HL tier 6 feeder discussions and an EoS officeholder was on record in the media two years ago making it sound like they were outside the LL/EoS catchment. If they ever got confirmation of that in writing, they would have a case for demanding tier 6 entry in a Midlands League format. Judging from patriot's posts the EoS is adopting the posture that Tayside clubs could always have applied in the same manner Luncarty did this year, because there is no Tay Bridge boundary in the EoS constitution. If so, they will almost certainly be expected to start at the bottom.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

See LTL didn't post on Satuday, to busy getting his sash out I suppose.

Thats more than likely you the kelty rangers man pretending to despise them secretly love them like the  blue nose chairman rest of the horrible little village. 

20200715_130900.jpg

23 hours ago, mcruic said:

Arniston and Easthouses are at a playing level below many current junior clubs 

Totally irrelevant, the EOS are in the pyramid the Juniors are not, clubs that embrace the pyramid should never be discriminated against to satisfy a local league that refuses to embrace change.

54 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^this deranged psycho stalker is so bigoted that he stopped supporting the Kelty Hearts first team when Barry Ferguson became the manager.

30 minutes ago, ballermk said:

Thats more than likely you the kelty rangers man pretending to despise them secretly love them like the  blue nose chairman rest of the horrible little village. 

The liar and his lapdog sidekick, together again.

Edited by Junior Pub League

Hopefully the North Juniors will come to realise that it's positive to join the pyramid and progress upwards - are many clubs interested or is that why they don't bother ? Would be good for any ambitious Nth Juniors to see a clear pathway to senior levels. Guess if the league isn't interested in the pyramid, then clubs will have to join whatever league is available- whether there's too much travelling or not. 

3 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Hopefully the North Juniors will come to realise that it's positive to join the pyramid and progress upwards ... 

By all accounts it's only a matter of time, if for no other reason than because they want shot of Banks o' Dee. There is no EoS equivalent in Aberdeenshire so there are no crazy junior vs senior blazer politics involved over who gets to be the tier 6 feeder. There's a good chance the north region will be able to hook up to the HL as is.

58 minutes ago, Ped said:

Theres also no reason for tayside to start negotiations to be top feeder for the north region 

No reason at all, except “crazy junior vs senior blazer politics” and who wants to play Wick and Brora “away every 2 weeks” 🙄

Shouldn't worry over that as it's likely to be p-p anyway ! Hopefully  the North Juniors see the light, just to be part of the pyramid a start  of something big. Down here in jolly Bristol we had years of  County  Champions not wanting to join the Hellenic as that would include trips to the Oxford area (70 mls)  many clubs finding the financial problems in the bigger leagues, getting crowds of under 200. 

On 15/07/2020 at 13:45, Junior Pub League said:

Totally irrelevant, the EOS are in the pyramid the Juniors are not, clubs that embrace the pyramid should never be discriminated against to satisfy a local league that refuses to embrace change.

That's not what I said.  Read what I said - this is an EXAMPLE of how it MAY look - not straight away.  It's a possible structure, and I've put clubs in positions in some cases where I think they belong, based on nothing but playing strength.  I don't give two hoots if anyone wants to call it "fantasy" - a couple of years ago, the Lowland League was a fantasy.

So again - nobody is advocating bringing in juniors and putting them ahead of senior clubs.  But if you bring in the juniors, they WILL leapfrog the shitty senior clubs.  So stopping them from doing so in the first season will make no difference at all in the long run.  Kelty started from the bottom - they could have been in the SPFL next year.  Made no difference to them except it took a year longer.

In summary - WE ALL KNOW that there are current agendas for how the EoS and Lowland League want to do things - but if and when the juniors join, they will have to adapt (those who join AND the leagues they join).  Things can and do change.

So ffs, would all the naysayers stop attacking people that come up with sensible solutions and saying "oh that's just fantasy, that'll never happen", and stop getting all offended that your crappy senior teams are worse at playing football than some junior teams.  It's a fact.  Get used to it.  The structure I came up with is a very workable solution IF all current senior and junior teams in the East region (+Tayside) come together and agree to be part of one structure.  That's all.  Nothing to get your knickers in a twist about.

On 14/07/2020 at 21:45, Marten said:

The name "Championship" for the 2nd tier is already not sensible...

So call it what you want.  Call it Premier 2, call it Division 2.  Call it "jist aboot bit no quite".  Structure is a sensible one.  Better than what is (or isn't there at the moment.

51 minutes ago, mcruic said:

would all the naysayers stop attacking people that come up with sensible solutions and saying "oh that's just fantasy, that'll never happen", and stop getting all offended that your crappy senior teams are worse at playing football than some junior teams. 

Doubt it will change. It happens with the SPFL and non-league all time. And at this point I don't think anyone cares about the junior/senior thing. All the West is senior now. There's a couple of teams in the North that would be decent in the Highland (assuming Tayside never joins). Then from what was the East, the vast majority of the strength and depth has been senior for years now. Of the 26 clubs in the East Juniors from 2018 most of them were typical bottom tier clubs.

51 minutes ago, mcruic said:

The structure I came up with is a very workable solution IF all current senior and junior teams in the East region (+Tayside) come together and agree to be part of one structure. 

The first structure wasn't particular sensible to me which is why is why I pointed out the EoS would be forming a single division at Tier 7.

The second format may well happen if there ever was a situation where the remaining East Juniors were successful in joining the EoSFL. Although you might find a preference for seeding of Conferences to form a Second Division and then have North/South Divisions below. There's a reason why the East Region moved away from the North/Cental/South Divisions and there hasn't been much in the way of travel complaints within the EoSFL.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The first structure wasn't particular sensible to me which is why is why I pointed out the EoS would be forming a single division at Tier 7.

The second format may well happen if there ever was a situation where the remaining East Juniors were successful in joining the EoSFL. Although you might find a preference for seeding of Conferences to form a Second Division and then have North/South Divisions below. There's a reason why the East Region moved away from the North/Cental/South Divisions and there hasn't been much in the way of travel complaints within the EoSFL.

I think anything that reduces travel at lower tiers is more sensible than what we have. A true pyramid should have more parallel leagues the further we go down, not vertical divisions.

If the EoS has a single division at Tier 7, it will then have a single division at Tier 8 also.  And if the West ends up with 4 single division tiers, we have a very crap looking pyramid.
image.png.741869d2cfa1df240180ab7e9d6e16de.png

9 minutes ago, mcruic said:

I think anything that reduces travel at lower tiers is more sensible than what we have. A true pyramid should have more parallel leagues the further we go down, not vertical divisions.

If the EoS has a single division at Tier 7, it will then have a single division at Tier 8 also.  And if the West ends up with 4 single division tiers, we have a very crap looking pyramid.

The EOS really needs more clubs - i.e. the West Lothian Juniors - to go regional at tier 8, back to the old ERJFA structure.