Worst pub in Scotland

4 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

The Tolbooth is nowhere near the worst pub in Scotland. Decent ranger of beers at decent enough prices.

I did though once nip in from work just in time to see Kenny Miller score for Scotland and I stood up and  let out a 'Yeeeeeeesssssssssss'.

The only person in the pub to do so.

Freudian slip, if ever I saw one...

On 27/04/2019 at 11:32, Marshmallo said:

I was mwi in there with some work colleagues once and ordered someone a vodka/cranberry. There was an absolute unit of a woman behind the bar who ingotmrd me the only fruit juice they had was orange juice or tomato juice. I replied gallus AF "what's tamata wae you". My life flashed before my eyes with the glare I got. 

I live about 100 metres from the Regent. Horrible pub. Even worse during marching season.

I fell out with one of the bar staff a while back over a parking space. It’s quite possibly the same person.

Worst pub in the area. Occupying a great location too. Surely it can’t have long.

Edited by Adamski

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Freudian slip, if ever I saw one...

A typo definitely more to do with me listening to Rangers v Aberdeen on the radio than the Tolbooth having anything to do with Rangers.

Because that really isn't the case, believe me.

I live about 100 metres from the Regent. Horrible pub. Even worse during marching season.
I fell out with one of the bar staff a while back over a parking space. It’s quite possibly the same person.
Worst pub in the area. Occupying a great location too. Surely it can’t have long.
I don't think the Regent is that bad compared to most of the Rangers pubs I've had the misfortune of drinking in, but it is certainly the worst pub in the local vicinity. Must have had a drink in there a handful of times at most.

3 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

and open to the elements iirc

Yes, they were. I suppose it transpired that the urine flowing out from the bottom of the wall got diluted on wet days. I certainly wouldn't have liked to be present there during a heatwave.

5 hours ago, RockMusic said:

The "urinals" at Firhill weren't even a tiled wall - just a wall. 

The terrace end bogs at Glebe Park were like that until recently.

Now it's just a wall with a shiny urinal nailed onto it that diverts the pish into a trough full of beech leaves that you'd be pissing directly onto otherwise. #class 

10 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Now it's just a wall with a shiny urinal nailed onto it that diverts the pish into a trough full of beech leaves that you'd be pissing directly onto otherwise. #class 

You’ll never beat the bogs in the away terrace (railway end) at Somerset park. 

Though, special mention to Western Park, the old Renfrew juniors ground. The bogs was an open air wall and somehow the piss went through a gutter then out to the terrace behind the goal where it ran down towards the pitch :lol: safe to say that ground is long gone!

20 hours ago, Adamski said:

Hopefully not.

I've been in twice - the second time I walked in the side door, straight through the bar and out of the front door. A Rangers stream was on and the place absolutely reeked.

13 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Not just beech leaves but M&S beech leaves.

This doesn’t count as in England(yep worst pbs in England for this pish.., but thought I’d mention anyway).

After about a few weeks of moving down here(Leicester) one Saturday afternoon me the g/f had a massive argument about something stupid as usual.

I stormed out the hoose and with nowhere really to go, I decided a pint was in order at the nearest boozer.  Despite living here for a few weeks and visiting numerous times before I moved,  I hadn’t been to the nearest boozer to the house as the g/f had never been keen.   It hadn't bothered me as despite being closest, it was in the opposite direction to town, so never really had the notion of popping in.  So now I had an ideal opportunity to check out my new local.

Saturday 2pm and the place was mental. As I walked to the entrance two women were having a full on scrap.  Well I say ‘scrap’ both grabbing onto each other and trying to push each other over.

At that point I should have turned and left but was already in a mood and you had a big walk up through to car park to get to the entrance so would have looked like a shitebag if I’d turned round. (Please note when I first moved to England I had this inbuilt thing where I thought being Scottish I could handle anything here.  For example, I once walked through a so called ‘rough’ part of the Leicester unaware that it was a bad part of town. When I told my missus what route I’d taken she was genuinely worried/shocked. Obviously I replied “ach it was nothing, you’ve never been to Possil”(in my best Begbie/Scheme voice) – not sure if any other P&B’rs who have spent time down here have experienced this weird reaction to living outside Scotland..as if to say “everything is much shitter in Scotland” was some sort of thing to be proud of).

Anyway, back to the pub.. Inside wasn’t much better. Some dodgy dance music was blaring from the P.A.  

I went for a p*ss and there was a queue in the Gents for the only mens cubicle with a bunch of young cokeheads waiting in line for their go.  Rows of urinals free, but massive cue at the cubicle.  As I’m having a slash one of them tells me he’d just got out of Strangeways so is celebrating.

Then when I ordered at the bar, the guy next to me asked the barman for two eccies, which were duly produced and money exchanged in full view.   It was pretty much the closest I’ve come to the pub out of Shameless. 

The rest of the clientele were either wide boys or complete freaks.  The women were a mix of complete and utter tramps or those council estate birds that you wid but then regret it immediately when you had to visit the doctor or you find out that their boyfriend Dean is after you.

Luckily the pub was quite big so I could get away from the mayhem and hide away at the back and watch the scores coming in but then the afternoon karaoke started and some p*shed woman was up wailing along to Alanis Morrisette – pint was finished sharpish and I was out of there. Much rather face the wrath of the missus!

Place closed down about a month later. Now bulldozed and in its place a Lidl.

Maybe not the worst pub but definitely one of the worst pub experiences I’ve had.

leicester_empire.jpg

This doesn’t count as in England(yep worst pbs in England for this pish.., but thought I’d mention anyway).

After about a few weeks of moving down here(Leicester) one Saturday afternoon me the g/f had a massive argument about something stupid as usual.

I stormed out the hoose and with nowhere really to go, I decided a pint was in order at the nearest boozer.  Despite living here for a few weeks and visiting numerous times before I moved,  I hadn’t been to the nearest boozer to the house as the g/f had never been keen.   It hadn't bothered me as despite being closest, it was in the opposite direction to town, so never really had the notion of popping in.  So now I had an ideal opportunity to check out my new local.

Saturday 2pm and the place was mental. As I walked to the entrance two women were having a full on scrap.  Well I say ‘scrap’ both grabbing onto each other and trying to push each other over.

At that point I should have turned and left but was already in a mood and you had a big walk up through to car park to get to the entrance so would have looked like a shitebag if I’d turned round. (Please note when I first moved to England I had this inbuilt thing where I thought being Scottish I could handle anything here.  For example, I once walked through a so called ‘rough’ part of the Leicester unaware that it was a bad part of town. When I told my missus what route I’d taken she was genuinely worried/shocked. Obviously I replied “ach it was nothing, you’ve never been to Possil”(in my best Begbie/Scheme voice) – not sure if any other P&B’rs who have spent time down here have experienced this weird reaction to living outside Scotland..as if to say “everything is much shitter in Scotland” was some sort of thing to be proud of).

Anyway, back to the pub.. Inside wasn’t much better. Some dodgy dance music was blaring from the P.A.  

I went for a p*ss and there was a queue in the Gents for the only mens cubicle with a bunch of young cokeheads waiting in line for their go.  Rows of urinals free, but massive cue at the cubicle.  As I’m having a slash one of them tells me he’d just got out of Strangeways so is celebrating.

Then when I ordered at the bar, the guy next to me asked the barman for two eccies, which were duly produced and money exchanged in full view.   It was pretty much the closest I’ve come to the pub out of Shameless. 

The rest of the clientele were either wide boys or complete freaks.  The women were a mix of complete and utter tramps or those council estate birds that you wid but then regret it immediately when you had to visit the doctor or you find out that their boyfriend Dean is after you.

Luckily the pub was quite big so I could get away from the mayhem and hide away at the back and watch the scores coming in but then the afternoon karaoke started and some p*shed woman was up wailing along to Alanis Morrisette – pint was finished sharpish and I was out of there. Much rather face the wrath of the missus!

Place closed down about a month later. Now bulldozed and in its place a Lidl.

Maybe not the worst pub but definitely one of the worst pub experiences I’ve had.

leicester_empire.jpg.056fb575c355c30db871b84fb6c61112.jpg
Your breaking point was Alanis Morissette

Bar 82 - one of those pubs where the entire tenement apart from the pub gets demolished was an absolute hole. It completely stood on its own just up from Queen Street station, roughly where John Lewis is now. It was so bad that the students from Glasgow Tech close by wouldn't go in even though it sold lager about half the price of anywhere else.

Just now, RockMusic said:

Bar 82 - one of those pubs where the entire tenement apart from the pub gets demolished was an absolute hole. It completely stood on its own just up from Queen Street station, roughly where John Lewis is now. It was so bad that the students from Glasgow Tech close by wouldn't go in even though it sold lager about half the price of anywhere else.

I used to go there.

8 minutes ago, RockMusic said:

Am I imagining that place still has sawdust on the floors in the late 1980s?