Worst pub in Scotland

A Hearts fan im pally with & chat to now and again mused on twitter that a pub through his manor, The Telford is by some distance the worst in Scotland, so depressing it is suicide inducing he claims.

Living in Alloa and coming from Stirling there are several in both towns that could rival this establishment for said accolade, not to mention some of the utter fucking dives around Celtic Park and the gallowgate where even the rats don paper boiler suits before entering.

I recall a pub in Kelty, forget its name sorry, maybe some Fifers here could help me out it was sort of a bar upstairs in a dingy dive type hotel? I played a gig there with my old band in the late 90's but it didnt strike me as a typical live music venue, it was infested with an ecclectic mix of neds, obvious drug dealers, tracksuited bams and make up caked slappers, one of the regulars informed me he drank there as, quote

"They dinnae really ban anyone and let ye skin up at the bar" :lol:

My own personal nomination is The Star in Alloa, the carpets and decor are older than me, the toilets resemble the one from the first Trainspotting movie, the odd occasion I have been in the clientelle seemingly discuss nothing but they and their families upcoming court cases at Alloa sherrif court and the amount of beers and spirits on offer equates almost exactly to the total amount of teeth the regulars have between them.

Whats your nominations P&B people?

What does he say is so bad about the Telford? It's not that bad. The worst looking pub I know in Edinburgh is the Hearts pub near Saughton prison, there is a field separating the pub from the high fences that surround the prison and it looks like something that doesn't belong in 2017 Scotland. Might be nice inside though. The Anchor Inn, Granton is as dodgy a place as I have ever drank in the city.

11 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

A Hearts fan im pally with & chat to now and again mused on twitter that a pub through his manor, The Telford is by some distance the worst in Scotland, so depressing it is suicide inducing he claims.

Living in Alloa and coming from Stirling there are several in both towns that could rival this establishment for said accolade, not to mention some of the utter fucking dives around Celtic Park and the gallowgate where even the rats don paper boiler suits before entering.

I recall a pub in Kelty, forget its name sorry, maybe some Fifers here could help me out it was sort of a bar upstairs in a dingy dive type hotel? I played a gig there with my old band in the late 90's but it didnt strike me as a typical live music venue, it was infested with an ecclectic mix of neds, obvious drug dealers, tracksuited bams and make up caked slappers, one of the regulars informed me he drank there as, quote

"They dinnae really ban anyone and let ye skin up at the bar" :lol:

My own personal nomination is The Star in Alloa, the carpets and decor are older than me, the toilets resemble the one from the first Trainspotting movie, the odd occasion I have been in the clientelle seemingly discuss nothing but they and their families upcoming court cases at Alloa sherrif court and the amount of beers and spirits on offer equates almost exactly to the total amount of teeth the regulars have between them.

Whats your nominations P&B people?

Could have been the Oakfield Hotel which was known as "Smiths" was next to Kelty Club and now knocked down. Think that was the only "hotel" up there.

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

Could have been the Oakfield Hotel which was known as "Smiths" was next to Kelty Club and now knocked down. Think that was the only "hotel" up there.

That sounds familiar now you mention it.

Cheers, utter shitehole but comically funny night.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

What does he say is so bad about the Telford? It's not that bad. The worst looking pub I know in Edinburgh is the Hearts pub near Saughton prison, there is a field separating the pub from the high fences that surround the prison and it looks like something that doesn't belong in 2017 Scotland. Might be nice inside though. The Anchor Inn, Granton is as dodgy a place as I have ever drank in the city.

Is this the (old)Prison officers Club at the roundabout of Inglis Green Road and Murrayburn you are thinking of ?

Just now, Flybhoy said:

That sounds familiar now you mention it.

Cheers, utter shitehole but comically funny night.

I was in it once with my mate. We were at Kelty Club and went in there for a pint, I was thankful that he knew a few folk in there as all eyes were on us when we went in:lol:

4 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Maybe not the worst in Scotland but No2 Baker Street in Stirling seemed pretty minging. Friendly enough I suppose but the place stank of damp when I was in it.

Bizarrely enough a few people in town have mentioned that, a really foul smell in that pub for some reason.

Hadnt been in there for a few years till a couple of months ago and noticed it straight away, its even been mentioned on Trip Advisor.

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Springfield Vaults.

/thread

Utter shitehole but cheap drink on matchday and 100 yards from Celtic Park so does what it says on the tin. You wouldnt dream of going in there any other time than matchday though.

4 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Is this the (old)Prison officers Club at the roundabout of Inglis Green Road and Murrayburn you are thinking of ?

Its just called Longstone Hearts as far as i know, not sure if its the one you're thinking of.

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 18.40.08.png

22 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

It's not even in the top ten shittest pubs in the north of Edinburgh. What a bizarre suggestion.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Its just called Longstone Hearts as far as i know, not sure if its the one you're thinking of.

No it wasn't.

I'm sure the one you've mentioned is just a Hearts supporters club. The issue is probably the clientele rather than the pub itself.

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

Never been in it myself just something he said on twitter.

You aren't missing a great deal but to say its the worst pub in Scotland is just bizarre as Darren has said, theres nothing particularly offensive about the place.