Worst pub in Scotland

There is a pub in Plean with that very name, much like Plean, it is sh*t.

Have to disagree with you regarding the Clansman in Plean, not a bad little village pub. As regards Plean their are a lot of places much worse than it.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

True, just mentioned Fallin is it's near Plean and an utter hole.

Raploch, Cornton, Fallin, Plean and Cowie are much of a muchness, villages on the fringes of Stirling with a lot of actually very decent people and the rest an ecclectic mix of jakeys neds and scumbags.

They are also quite defined by their religious and football supporting make up, Fallin and Plean are very, shall we say Rangers minded while the make up of Raploch is more of a Catholic/Celtic supporting mindset. Cowie and Cornton are more 50/50 mixed but still with their fair share of swivel headed fuckwits on both sides of the coin.

The Cornton has the nickname 'single parent city' as when young girls got up the duff that was the part of town with the most empty flats so the council housed most of them down there, the most common sight down the Cornton is of 16 year old lassies pushing buggies to the shops to buy scratchcards.

As mentioned im from Fallin but went to primary school in Cowie, 2 miles up the road, about half a dozen of us went to the Catholic school in Cowie while the rest went to Fallin primary.

We also went to Cowie on a Sunday morning for mass, there was a wee wooden building used as a chapel in Fallin when I was a wee boy but the locals burnt it down one night :lol:

Edited by Flybhoy

22 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Raploch, Cornton, Fallin, Plean and Cowie are much of a muchness, villages on the fringes of Stirling with a lot of actually very decent people and the rest an ecclectic mix of jakeys neds and scumbags.

They are also quite defined by their religious and football supporting make up, Fallin and Plean are very, shall we say Rangers minded while the make up of Raploch is more of a Catholic/Celtic supporting mindset. Cowie and Cornton are more 50/50 mixed but still with their fair share of swivel headed fuckwits on both sides of the coin.

The Cornton has the nickname 'single parent city' as when young girls got up the duff that was the part of town with the most empty flats so the council housed most of them down there, the most common sight down the Cornton is of 16 year old lassies pushing buggies to the shops to buy scratchcards.

As mentioned im from Fallin but went to primary school in Cowie, 2 miles up the road, about half a dozen of us went to the Catholic school in Cowie while the rest went to Fallin primary.

We also went to Cowie on a Sunday morning for mass, there was a wee wooden building used as a chapel in Fallin when I was a wee boy but the locals burnt it down one night :lol:

Stonehouse, I'm led to believe, is the only town Scotland that has it written into the town charter that there is never to be chapel built within the town boundaries.

Larkhall gets a bad press but actually has a Celtic Supporters Club. The wee town next door is hell of a lot worse. When I worked there, it was a regular occurrence to be asked if one was a "left footer" before being allowed access to people's house.

12 hours ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

Stonehouse, I'm led to believe, is the only town Scotland that has it written into the town charter that there is never to be chapel built within the town boundaries.

Larkhall gets a bad press but actually has a Celtic Supporters Club. The wee town next door is hell of a lot worse. When I worked there, it was a regular occurrence to be asked if one was a "left footer" before being allowed access to people's house.

Paul McStay and his family are from Larkhall, story I heard was when the sandwich chain Subway opened a shop there they had to change its traditional green and yellow signage to blue due to its constant vandalism.

Paul McStay and his family are from Larkhall, story I heard was when the sandwich chain Subway opened a shop there they had to change its traditional green and yellow signage to blue due to its constant vandalism.

I'm sure it was a black background rather than blue but otherwise aye.

^^^ and here's the counter. Betfred with their usual red white and blue colours have a shop at Parkhead Cross that looks like this (the shameless shift in colours may or may not be part of some cynical ploy to part cash from the local populace) ....

6e567d8ce54095062d5d55fba8ec1d17.jpg

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

^^^ and here's the counter. Betfred with their usual red white and blue colours have a shop at Parkhead Cross that looks like this (the shameless shift in colours may or may not be part of some cynical ploy to part cash from the local populace) ....

6e567d8ce54095062d5d55fba8ec1d17.jpg

if Paddy Power don't have a shop there then they're missing a trick.. 

it also poses the question if that shop is known as Bet Fred East and there's one near Ibrox is that Bet Fred West.... 

• 1 year later...

Cracking bump Magee :lol:

The Granton Tap and Anchor Inn were strange boozers when I was growing up round that way.

The cigarette machine was somehow stolen from the Tap one night as well

Can remember the replacement machine being chained to the wall after that.