Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Is there less hugging and referee stopping? 

It just seemed quite a restrictive form of fighting to watch.  You can see what the skill Is but it appeared to be about not being hit rather than hitting, is that less of the case in non exhibition matches? 

Yes. If you want to be entertained a 40 year old mayweather is literally the last boxer you would pick. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUFC90 said:

Yes. If you want to be entertained a 40 year old mayweather is literally the last boxer you would pick. 

With tgis new information im willing to try again.  Where can I get my heads caved in fix next? 

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

With tgis new information im willing to try again.  Where can I get my heads caved in fix next? 

There are a few big fights in the next few weeks but it's not all about a tear up, Boxing's is to La Liga as MMA is to the EPL at the moment.

Hopefully McGregor & Co learn from Floyd & Co and start looking to make their own cash, f**k getting your face panned in while some fat fucks suck up all the gravy.

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

There are a few big fights in the next few weeks but it's not all about a tear up, Boxing's is to La Liga as MMA is to the EPL at the moment.

Hopefully McGregor & Co learn from Floyd & Co and start looking to make their own cash, f**k getting your face panned in while some fat fucks suck up all the gravy.

I've not got round to watching MMA yet, going to at some point even though the EPL bit is very offputting.  

More importantly what is the Bundesliga? 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I've not got round to watching MMA yet, going to at some point even though the EPL bit is very offputting.  

More importantly what is the Bundesliga? 

That'll probably be MMA when it grows up.

5 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Conor McGregor is likely to do one more fight in UFC and pack it in. He's made enough money from fighting I'd imagine. Another 8 figure sum will do him.

He's just made about 2 years pay of all UFC fighters put together, he should maybe get all the best guys together and tell Dana White to do one.

Just now, ayrmad said:

He's just made about 2 years pay of all UFC fighters put together, he should maybe get all the best guys together and tell Dana White to do one.

Well, rumour is he wants to complete the trilogy with Nate Diaz and finish. He made nearly 30m all in from his last two UFC fights so should make another healthy amount for what would arguably be his biggest fight there yet.

Don't see any reason why he should bother with fighting after that. He's clearly just out to make a shitload and then get out early.

4 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Well, rumour is he wants to complete the trilogy with Nate Diaz and finish. He made nearly 30m all in from his last two UFC fights so should make another healthy amount for what would arguably be his biggest fight there yet.

Don't see any reason why he should bother with fighting after that. He's clearly just out to make a shitload and then get out early.

He's the sort of personality needed to get the rest of the guys a better deal for the future, Floyd has made more since he bought out his own contract than the UFC have paid all their fighters in history, there's only a few folk getting the real cash and they don't pull on the gloves, reminds me of boxing before Goldenboy & Co came along.

McGregor is in it for himself. Always has been. He'd only help others if he knew for definite that he'd benefit from it. As it stands, he actually wants a stake in the UFC. I'd imagine he'll get that, complete the Diaz trilogy, f**k off back to Ireland and put his feet up.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

Conor McGregor is likely to do one more fight in UFC and pack it in. He's made enough money from fighting I'd imagine. Another 8 figure sum will do him.

He wont get 8 figures in the UFC. The UFC will. 

28 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

He got nearly 30m from his last two fights. A base sum of 3m but it turned out to be well over 10m from each. He'll easily make that from a third Diaz fight.

Not exactly hard to find this stuff.

My bad, was thinking 9 figures (100 + mill).

Reckon he would make more fighting kabib. He pretty much rearranged Diaz face at 170. Wont be close at 155. 

My bad, was thinking 9 figures (100 + mill).
Reckon he would make more fighting kabib. He pretty much rearranged Diaz face at 170. Wont be close at 155. 

You're spot on about Khabib. But they don't trust him to fight on the night and rightly so.

If there is one thing to come out of this nonsense it's that McGregor s public profile has been raised considerably,I imagine a couple of roles in movies along with the odd reality thing mixed in with some sort of hardman show on Spike/Dave/MTV is the future for him.

6 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Gennady Golovkin v Saul Alvarez.  Saturday 16th of September, T-mobile arena, Las Vegas, Nevada.

Archived