Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

Is there less hugging and referee stopping? 
It just seemed quite a restrictive form of fighting to watch.  You can see what the skill Is but it appeared to be about not being hit rather than hitting, is that less of the case in non exhibition matches? 

It's like mma, good and bad fights. I personally find mma far more dull but each to their own.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was 110 taps and 1 uppercut IMO.  The MMA funboys are basically saying it McGregor is better than Pacquiao because he touched him more. Obscene.

McGregor was winning the fight until he got tired out - fact. Mayweather didnae beat McGregor, tiredness did. Hope all those boxing fans who thought it'd be pish for Mayweather feel like stupid c***s today cos it was a close fight. The best ever in boxing against somebody making his boxing debut - McGregor's the clear moral winner. There's no even an equivalent for what he's just done. What a fucking legend.

Confirmed that you are still a clueless fuckwit.

Probably the worst thing McGregor did was landing that lovely uppercut, Floyd knew from then on in that he just had to give him enough encouragement to throw lots of punches as he didn't have the power required to take Floyd out, big muscles are a bit of a pain in the arse when they're used for the long haul.

McGregor's punches had no power so Mayweather knew that he could smoke a cigar to get the mandatory 4 rounds out of the way.

People also forget that Mayweather has never been a puncher but a boxer - he's always done the minimum to win his fights.

McGregor's punches had no power so Mayweather knew that he could smoke a cigar to get the mandatory 4 rounds out of the way.

People also forget that May weather has never been a puncher but a boxer - he's always done the minimum to win his fights.

I was watching Mayweather on TV a couple of years ago and the missus piped up "he doesn't look like a boxer, his nose and ears look fine." I had to explain to her that he doesn't let the other guys hit him.

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I was watching Mayweather on TV a couple of years ago and the missus piped up "he doesn't look like a boxer, his nose and ears look fine." I had to explain to her that he doesn't let the other guys hit him.

It's a solid tactic IMO

It really is in this type of fight.

Floyd had never seen mcgregor box, no footage etc. He spent the first couple of rounds sussing him out, that's all. He knew exactly what he was doing

This.

It took Mayweather a round or two to work him out. I can't remember if was the end of the second or third round but Floyd went back to his corner and said "I got him".

Paulie's absolutely choking to fight McGregor

This thread has been utter scenes. Fair play to the hibs bois for the earlier bites btw.

I thought McGregor looked even more dreadful than expected, absolute amateur hour and Fast Eddie called it when he said Ted Cheeseman would deal with him.

Maywether looked dreadful. Really laboured and time has clearly caught up with him. Would take any top 10 WW to do him on that form, was like watching Arthur Abraham a few years back.

The mad rangers fan slating Amir Khan is still my favourite part of this thread though. Absolute headcase. Shout out to BradHorse though, an absolute warning of a guy.

On 8/28/2017 at 23:52, Randy Giles said:

Think you'll find the biggest fight of the year just happened. Has it's own thread and everything.

GGG vs Canelo will be ten times better and make a fraction of the money.

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

That would be anyone intelligent enough to tie their own shoelaces.

There must be a lot of slip-ons at MMA.

Archived