Players you used to hate

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Iain Russell is one of the best players we've had in the last 10+ years. Why don't you like him?

Can agree he was a good player, just always seemed like a twat. It was more so the diving, which we can all admit he did.

I couldn't stand Jimmy Boyle and Jimmy Sanderson in the Airdrie team of the early 90s. Wasn't keen in Alan Lawrence either come to think of it.

A horrible Airdrie team that under Alec McDonald. Had relative success but they were cheating b******s.

The op mentioning Rajamaki brings the rage out in me. Sleekit c**t he was. In modern times, I didn't really see Iain Russell play for us as I lived overseas at that time but his antics after my return infuriated me. Cummings was a moaning faced git and last season's panto villain was Aidan Nesbitt.

The hearts team when Burley was the manager. Pressley Neilson were cheating gits. Fouling all the time yet getting fouls through moaning and trying to ref the game. Then you had all the divers. Apart from the recent disgusting ayr United performance when they kicked us off the pitch I've never been so angry at a game. I remember john Martin conducting the pars cage area shouting scab at him. Top trolling.

There are loads that I can't really remember, but Ryan Baldacchino at Gretna was always one I couldn't stick. Probably because they were beating us on their way up the divisions.
At the moment the guy who does my tits in is Bertie Auld. Don't care what age he is, he's got a face you wouldn't tire of punching, and a horrible whiny voice to boot.

Ryan Baldacchino is a shout, remember a game he played for Gretna against Montrose, he started the game with different coloured boots on each foot, then came out for the second half with another 2 different colours on. From that moment on I thought he was an utter helmet.

5 hours ago, sons'r'us said:

I couldn't stand Jimmy Boyle and Jimmy Sanderson in the Airdrie team of the early 90s. Wasn't keen in Alan Lawrence either come to think of it.

A horrible Airdrie team that under Alec McDonald. Had relative success but they were cheating b******s.

Hated watching us play them, generally a stick on that they got a dodgy penalty or we got someone sent off for a nothing challenge.

Also hated Ross Tokely and James Grady for finishing 2 good players careers. Was at both games and both challenges were shocking.

7 hours ago, sons'r'us said:

Always hated Sandison if i mind right was always a hacking b*****d,  Davie Cooper wasn't so much the fact i hated the guy think it was always because he was brilliant, Dougie Arnot was another niggling little b*****d.

Think the reason people hated Chic Charnley always considered him a bit of a hatchet man as well, 

The only player I can honestly say I got enraged over when I seen him, was a Pars player.

Keddie.

Not only did he make multiple errors in a game, he would "scream" the blame at others for it. 

I don't know what he was like off the park, but he was an odious bawbag on it. 

Spoiler

Kyle Lafferty. Never forget him dropping to the ground clutching his forehead when he brushed it against Charlie Mulgrew. 

I hate all divers even when they play for my own team.

55 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Hates a strong word but I was not a fan of John Watson or David Bingham.

Both came across as arrogant wankers.

I could see how Watson could be a wind up merchant, he even mooned the raith support! 

Bingham though, nah don't see it. He's a quiet guy.

1 hour ago, P475 said:

The only player I can honestly say I got enraged over when I seen him, was a Pars player.

Keddie.

Not only did he make multiple errors in a game, he would "scream" the blame at others for it. 

I don't know what he was like off the park, but he was an odious bawbag on it. 

Scott Wilson would blame anyone else but himself too. Run out to the touch line, miss a tackle then go mental at the full back. 

Most of the overpaid pars players who chucked in the towel for Kenny because they thought his methods were wrong needed to take a good look at themselves. Yes he wasn't perfect but that's no excuse. Our team improved once they moved on as much as Kenny going and Kenny has proven himself again. I didn't hate them but resented players getting £1500-£2000 a week in the championship ousting a manager because they were arrogant lazy c***s.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I could see how Watson could be a wind up merchant, he even mooned the raith support! 

Bingham though, nah don't see it. He's a quiet guy.

Watson was a bad egg. Seemed like that off the park to. 

Bingham ? That was at Livvy and Gretna ? I thought he was a twat. Maybe not though.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Watson was a bad egg. Seemed like that off the park to. 

Bingham ? That was at Livvy and Gretna ? I thought he was a twat. Maybe not though.

Yes Davie Bingham? Unless he changed dramatically he never seemed that type of a player at us.

Watson, off the pitch. Never heard any bad stories about him or Norrie other than acting daft. They did share a pub together and were best buddies. He wasn't well recently and missed the tribute night to Norrie. Hope he's ok now.

Archived