Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

You think they are holding on to Allison this summer? Obviously have an interest with Liverpool sniffing about. He's an upgrade on Karius. Would be happy to get him.

Last couple of years Roma have generally had to sell one prized asset a year to stay within financial fair play regulations (see Pjanic in 2016 and Salah last year) so in theory you'd think Allison or Naingollan (i never get the spelling right) would be for the off.

Naingollan doesn't seem likely to go so if one did it would more likely be Allison but the Champions League money we'll earn this season may negate the need to sell. Although never rule it out with Roma!

EDIT: Forgot we sold Rudiger as well. More money made so maybe less need to sell

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Also, Dzeko has got to be one of the best old school number nines playing in Europe at the moment. Every big Roma result has had him at the heart of it absolutely schooling centre backs all over the place

He'd be a fucking nightmare to play against, great with his feet, in the air, can drop deep and link up or play on the last defender, need to boot him in the pre match handshake to get a start on him lol 

Well done Liverpool and Roma. Cost me a fortune,  but a great result for all the supporters that detest the trend towards "possession" football, where TV commentators/pundits masturbate themselves to death over stats that bore the average fan to death. If you switch the sound off to avoid the ass-licking reporting and actually count the number of easy backward passes that occur during a  game (supposedly demonstrating how good a team/footballer you are) then I defy you not to enjoy tonight's results. Possession football ( like City play, 50% backwards passing) is killing football as an entertainment.

I fully expect to be severely castigated over my comments.

1 minute ago, JessieField said:

Well done Liverpool and Roma. Cost me a fortune,  but a great result for all the supporters that detest the trend towards "possession" football, where TV commentators/pundits masturbate themselves to death over stats that bore the average fan to death. If you switch the sound off to avoid the ass-licking reporting and actually count the number of easy backward passes that occur during a  game (supposedly demonstrating how good a team/footballer you are) then I defy you not to enjoy tonight's results. Possession football ( like City play, 50% backwards passing) is killing football as an entertainment.

I fully expect to be severely castigated over my comments.

How did they cost you a fortune?

1 minute ago, JessieField said:

It's similar to a bet I put on many months ago expecting Falkirk to end up in the top 4 this season.  To "Nightmare", I use fivers to light my Havana cigars for breakfast.

What a fucking riddy 

6 minutes ago, JessieField said:

It's similar to a bet I put on many months ago expecting Falkirk to end up in the top 4 this season.  To "Nightmare", I use fivers to light my Havana cigars for breakfast.

So a fair wedge on Barcelona (or City?) to advance to at least the SF?

Not sure why, after feeling the need to mention losing some money, that you're then going all defensive and vague when questioned about it.

58 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Also, Dzeko has got to be one of the best old school number nines playing in Europe at the moment. Every big Roma result has had him at the heart of it absolutely schooling centre backs all over the place

Brilliant player. 

Lovren was outstanding for Liverpool tonight. Wijnaldum the same second half. Liverpool seem to be getting the breaks in the CL this season, from the easy group draw, to Porto in Round 2, to some of the decisions v Man City. Absolutely deserve to be in the semi-finals though.

The Roma result is absolutely fantastic, one of the genuinely outstanding European comebacks. Absolutely gutted for Barcelona FC :lol: 

Archived