Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

8B8C9A56-0CC9-46F3-8EFA-DA86330F82CD.thumb.jpeg.cb0518a5a8e980460505941441d132e4.jpeg

The Ramos-Salah incident certainly changed the dynamic of the game. I hope Salah is back for the World Cup finals. Unfortunate injury but they were both at it and I never noticed Salah having a go at Ramos? Ref didn’t even give a foul!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't know, I didn't see a lot of them this season. Real Madrid over the past decade have given about zero fucks about La Liga though, their entire focus seems hell bent on winning far more CLs than anyone else. 

Im sorry but that is utter rubbish. It to me shows that they can't really match the consistency and work ethic of Barcelona. 

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Im sorry but that is utter rubbish. It to me shows that they can't really match the consistency and work ethic of Barcelona. 

Nah, they definitely up their performance in the CL. Zidanes win ratio is better in the CL than La Liga. 

Nah, they definitely up their performance in the CL. Zidanes win ratio is better in the CL than La Liga. 

They don’t give zero fucks about their domestic games though.

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Watched that several times now and it looks to me that Ramos took the opportunity to have a swipe at the keeper when pushed....

When you get shoved you tend to stretch out your arms as a natural reaction?

52 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep Real seem to be in the mindset of ‘Win as many leagues as you like Barca, we’ll just win the big one if it’s all the same to you.’

This is like when people argue 0-0 was exactly what Mourinho wanted.

3 minutes ago, The OP said:

This is like when people argue 0-0 was exactly what Mourinho wanted.

Yeah I’m sure Ronaldo and Bale etc were gutted last night that they’ve won about 46 Champions Leagues and 2 La Ligas. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

No shock to see a Klopp side bottle a final. Karius will be hounded but Liverpools complete collapse after Salahs injury was never stopped by the manager. In saying that he could little when his keepers shipping goals. 

Get the feeling Madrid would've found a way to win regardless. Zidane really is the perfect manager for them, gives absolutely zero fucks about their reputation, and gets them working like f**k. 

In essence, Liverpool don't have the strength in depth to truly win against teams like Madrid. Liverpool bring on Lallana, Madrid bring on Bale, there's your difference, and its something you'd assume Klopp will try and rectify this Summer. 

Yeah, but you'd also have assumed that Klopo would've rectified the 'keeper situation.....

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah I’m sure Ronaldo and Bale etc were gutted last night that they’ve won about 46 Champions Leagues and 2 La Ligas. 

Think they were probably gutted when Barca won the league by a wide margin and they finished third and they were happy last night because they won the Champions League. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

I would say Barcelona are currently a superior side but bottled it against Roma. Leagues are a better test of a side’s quality than cups, even if the cup features some excellent teams. 

Archived