Falkirk
Dunfermline
St Mirren
Morton
Livingston
QOS
Dumbarton
Brechin City

Not much optimism for your own team then?

I've seen a few tipping Inverness for second but they have been no great shakes so far and have taken Baird and an unpronounceable up front.

Will probably regret saying this at the end of the season but I can't see ICT being any better than fourth at best.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Given all the injury problems though, and presuming that your squad is no bigger, are you not operating on the assumption that the team will stay injury free for most of the season?

Would be rather lucky if you got away without a spate of injuries this season too surely?

We were operating a squad of around 17 / 18 last season.  We have 22 signed so far this season with space for a couple of loan players if needed. We also had Ross Caldwell last term !!!!  

The injuries last season seemed to be key players one after the other. We would like to think that is unlikely to happen again. Yes we will undoubtedly pick up injuries but not with the same devastating effect to our squad. ...............For weeks on end we had 4 guys on the bench ......made up of Dods , a sub goalie , the 3rd choice goalie listed as an outfield player and one of the crocks who would only be used in an emergency. 

Dundee Utd
Falkirk
Dunfermline
St Mirren
Inverness
QOS
Morton
Livingston
Dumbarton
Brechin

I reckon United and Falkirk will be a fair bit clear of the pack, and it will come down to the last few games between them. Then the next 6 teams will be pretty close, with Dumbarton and Brechin fairly cut adrift.

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Not much optimism for your own team then?

I've seen a few tipping Inverness for second but they have been no great shakes so far and have taken Baird and an unpronounceable up front.

Will probably regret saying this at the end of the season but I can't see ICT being any better than fourth at best.

I don't think we will be quite as good as last season altho we seem to have improved the strikeforce. I'm not convinced about the defence from Gaston outwards. Still expect the middle of the league to be as tight as ever. I think Dunfermline will be a lot stronger this season.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Dundee Utd
Falkirk
Dunfermline
St Mirren
Inverness
QOS
Morton
Livingston
Dumbarton
Brechin

I reckon United and Falkirk will be a fair bit clear of the pack, and it will come down to the last few games between them. Then the next 6 teams will be pretty close, with Dumbarton and Brechin fairly cut adrift.

Seems to be the general train of thought each season .  No pressure on us diddies then.

We embrace the challenge. :cheers

We were operating a squad of around 17 / 18 last season.  We have 22 signed so far this season with space for a couple of loan players if needed. We also had Ross Caldwell last term !!!!  
The injuries last season seemed to be key players one after the other. We would like to think that is unlikely to happen again. Yes we will undoubtedly pick up injuries but not with the same devastating effect to our squad. ...............For weeks on end we had 4 guys on the bench ......made up of Dods , a sub goalie , the 3rd choice goalie listed as an outfield player and one of the crocks who would only be used in an emergency. 

Just do us all one favour this season. Finish above Livi please!

Seems to be the general train of thought each season .  No pressure on us diddies then.
We embrace the challenge. :cheers

Your tear-stained meltdown about which of your jobber players we're supposed to take notice of before consigning you to a nailed on 10th place suggests otherwise.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Your tear-stained meltdown about which of your jobber players we're supposed to take notice of before consigning you to a nailed on 10th place suggests otherwise.

Aye okay . Whatever you say knobhead.   Another aim of ours of course is to do the full bitching job over Duffy this time . Only some dodgy reffing last time cost us that title. 

We will all be looking out for Tons results when they play Brechin this season with extra interest now.

Dunning the best poster on this forum.

I'd agree with that, even if I don't agree with parts of it he's evidently thought it out pretty well and has sound reasoning.
I think Dunfermline will be a lot stronger this season.

I'm not sure, I think we'll be as good as what we were for about 3 quarters of last season which would have us in about the playoffs, hopefully.

I'd have us anywhere between 3rd and 6th, although I would in turn be dissapointed in 6th place!

On 28/07/2017 at 20:09, virginton said:

We're not looking too great so far, but should have actual, first-choice centre-backs available in the league campaign, which we've badly missed in the cup. Even with that and having more attacking options I'd judge us as currently weaker than last season, as we simply haven't replaced Jamie Lindsay in the middle of the park. We probably have two loan signings left but they'll need to make an impact to take us toward a clear 3rd place. A midtable shanfest looks to be our best chance of getting a play-off spot again; which concludes the preview of my league prediction.

I reckon going forward Morton look quite a bit stronger. There's no one there that will batter in 15-20 goals but Thomson, McHugh and Quitongo could all reasonably hit into the double figures. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I reckon going forward Morton look quite a bit stronger. There's no one there that will batter in 15-20 goals but Thomson, McHugh and Quitongo could all reasonably hit into the double figures. 

Thomson got 13 for us last season, not inconceivable that he could score more in a more attacking side. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Thomson got 13 for us last season, not inconceivable that he could score more in a more attacking side. 

The difference is that I can't see him being the main man in the Morton side though unless Quitongo is injured again.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

The difference is that I can't see him being the main man in the Morton side though unless Quitongo is injured again.

Aye, that could be right, but to be fair he played out left for us with Nade or Fleming being the main striker for the majority of the time.

Just now, lanky_ffc said:

Dumbarton scored 2 more than Morton last season.

That's true but I still think he'll get more chances in front of goal playing for Morton. We sat in and hit on the break a lot, with Thomson doing a fair bit of defending. He won't have as much of that to do with Morton, IMO.

52 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's true but I still think he'll get more chances in front of goal playing for Morton. We sat in and hit on the break a lot, with Thomson doing a fair bit of defending. He won't have as much of that to do with Morton, IMO.

Wouldn't disagree with that. Forbes, Tidser, Oliver Quitongo and Harkins will all create chances

Aye okay . Whatever you say knobhead.   Another aim of ours of course is to do the full bitching job over Duffy this time . Only some dodgy reffing last time cost us that title. 

You finished 4th, fully ten points behind The Famous. You'll be lucky to get within forty of us this time round.

Gutted for you.

1501623943857.jpg

Archived