Europa League 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Great result for Korçë. That's Albanian clubs garnered more coefficient points than Dutch or Belgian ones so far this season.

duly noted - still  prefer Luftetari Gjirokaster or KS Lushnja (who used to be Traktori Lushnja) as they're considerably more excellent names, though...

traktori_lyushnya_albaniya_old_logo.jpg?

1 minute ago, Herman Hessian said:

duly noted - still  prefer Luftetari Gjirokaster or KS Lushnja (who used to be Traktori Lushnja) as they're considerably more excellent names, though...

traktori_lyushnya_albaniya_old_logo.jpg?

I did not know that about Lushnja but it's not surprising, 44% of Albanians are employed in agriculture (next highest in Europe is Moldova with 29%). Albanian clubs do have great names though. My local team was Vllaznia (the brotherhood), Luftetari means the warriors. There's also Flamurtari (the bannermen), Teuta (an Illyrian queen), Tomori and Korabi (named after mountains). Korce, who won last night, are named after a 15th century noble general.

23 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I did not know that about Lushnja but it's not surprising, 44% of Albanians are employed in agriculture (next highest in Europe is Moldova with 29%). Albanian clubs do have great names though. My local team was Vllaznia (the brotherhood), Luftetari means the warriors. There's also Flamurtari (the bannermen), Teuta (an Illyrian queen), Tomori and Korabi (named after mountains). Korce, who won last night, are named after a 15th century noble general.

to be entirely fair, i think that Tërbuni Pukë  might be my absolute favourite....

Pukë Ultras away at KF Teuta Durrës....

w0915g011w.jpg

w0915g014w.jpg

uh oh - it's all going to get a bit moody...

w0915g016w.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

CSKA, Celtic, Atletico, Sporting, Spartak, Leipzig, Napoli and Dortmund into the Europa League, to join Arsenal, Milan,  Lyon, Zenit, Lazio etc.  After Man U  and a cast of dreadful teams boring the life out of everyone last season, there could be some brilliant ties.

Guest DAVIDB69
CSKA, Celtic, Atletico, Sporting, Spartak, Leipzig, Napoli and Dortmund into the Europa League, to join Arsenal, Milan,  Lyon, Zenit, Lazio etc.  After Man U  and a cast of dreadful teams boring the life out of everyone last season, there could be some brilliant ties.

Seeding is a bit messed up though.

Non seeds Napoli could draw Arsenal or atletico Madrid in the next round

Archived