C**** on a Train

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Contactless is the future. Most businesses, including pubs are going that way and some only accept card payments. Easily quicker than pissing about with money. There was a Topic which was vaguely ‘c***s in a Pub’. I recall people in that thread getting annoyed about people paying by card.

To enter a pub without cash is the act of a cock.

Getting food is acceptable.

4 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

In your card world the barman punches drinks into the till for the bill and then the same into the card machine.

In mine they do it once into a till

So if a pint is £2.75 and you're going out for 4 pints you'll make sure you have 4 x £2.75 with you? I'll stick with the card world I think. 

Just now, Scary Bear said:

I’m pretty sure that a lot of pubs have the tills linked to the card machine. So they only punch it in once.

Not the 2 I was in last Friday where this happened a lot.

I was doing a little experiment and It returned unsurprising results.

Youths all paid by card. Older by cash.

No time saved for staff by doing either. It might get quicker in future but at present it would be nice if people could stop being lazy as f**k.

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

To enter a pub without cash is the act of a cock.

Getting food is acceptable.

Loads of folk don’t carry cash anymore. Nightmare for beggars but it’s the future. Nightmare on the trains too given the shitty mobile reception in many places.

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Not the 2 I was in last Friday where this happened a lot.

I was doing a little experiment and It returned unsurprising results.

Youths all paid by card. Older by cash.

No time saved for staff by doing either. It might get quicker in future but at present it would be nice if people could stop being lazy as f**k.

Spoons at Waverley station seems to work like this/

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

That's because they're too lazy. Not just on this 1 issue but society as whole are lazy as f**k

It’s because most payments these days don’t require cash. Paying my window cleaner is cash, but paying the plumber is an online payment. Most tradesmen are online payments. Most restaurants are card payments, so the logical progression is most pubs are card payment places. Works fine. Annoys some older folk. 

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

Well I'm late 30s and tomorrow I will be drinking with about 8 others of a similar age. None of them would embarrass themselves paying by card

I’m 48 and I’ll take money out to go to the pub, but it’s down to force of habit. I also pay by contactless in the pub. Only had one bad experience and that was when my card was cloned when I stayed down south.

On the train I regularly see the cabaret of guards fannying about with card machines and the problems of poor mobile reception or low battery.
Really good when they work but they aren't being maintained and the reception is awful like you say. It fair upset the ones who enjoyed their commission but I never relied on that and wanted an easy life. If it failed to work after 2 attempts (sometimes 1 depending how busy it was) I'd just give it the "just buy it on the way back". I don't like having to attempt more than once or twice when I pay so didn't expect other people to do it.

Card is far quicker on the train on the rare occasion the machine is working fine.

As someone that is always armed with both cash and card, which I use depending on the situation, I literally couldn't give a single f**k if I happen to waste a couple of seconds of the c**t who is standing behind me's unbelievably valuable time while I pay for my drink. 

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Really good when they work but they aren't being maintained and the reception is awful like you say. It fair upset the ones who enjoyed their commission but I never relied on that and wanted an easy life. If it failed to work after 2 attempts (sometimes 1 depending how busy it was) I'd just give it the "just buy it on the way back". I don't like having to attempt more than once or twice when I pay so didn't expect other people to do it.

Card is far quicker on the train on the rare occasion the machine is working fine.

What percentage of on train sales do you get now?