C**** on a Train

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a c**t, but in fact a sound c**t on the train.

On attempting to purchase a snack and drink on the Aberdeen to Glasgow train about an hour ago, I was informed the card machine was not working and they had no change so couldn’t accept my note. The complete stranger sitting opposite offered to pay for my goods to the value of £3. I politely declined and managed to purchase them further down the journey when informed the machine was in fact working again.

3 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

On attempting to purchase a snack and drink on the Aberdeen to Glasgow train about an hour ago, I was informed the card machine was not working and they had no change so couldn’t accept my note. The complete stranger sitting opposite offered to pay for my goods to the value of £3. I politely declined and managed to purchase them further down the journey when informed the machine was in fact working again.

Was it Derek McKay?

On 06/02/2020 at 15:44, MONKMAN said:

On 06/02/2020 at 15:48, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Was it Derek McKay?

Would very much depend on whether it was an alcoholic drink or not.

On 06/02/2020 at 15:44, MONKMAN said:

I wish pub Card machines would stop working.

Stop all these kids coming out without a pound to their name.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I was having my nap on the train yesterday when a lightly supervised hyperactive 3 year old stood beside me repeatedly shouting "wake up!"

I did, and couldn't get back to sleep. 

Wee c**t on a train. 

You should have said, "Go to sleep", and then knocked him clean out IMO.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Wish pubs would move to contactless only, so I wouldn’t get stuck behind old c***s waiting to get their change back.

I'd say if you watch a decent barmaid take cash and get change it can't be any quicker/slower than paying by card.

I might move to thinking card is acceptable if you're buying a lot of drinks but don't pretend you're not a tosser for paying for 1 drink by card.

43 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'd say if you watch a decent barmaid take cash and get change it can't be any quicker/slower than paying by card.

I might move to thinking card is acceptable if you're buying a lot of drinks but don't pretend you're not a tosser for paying for 1 drink by card.

The speed of a cash or card transaction doesn't change just because you're getting more or less drinks. A contactless transaction is always going to be faster in any circumstance.