C**** on a Train

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Why would you sit at a table as a solo traveller?

If you were working on a laptop and then stopped that is different.

More leg room! More open / less claustrophobic. Often you only get chargers at tables as well. The 2 person seats are very much like sitting in an aeroplane which isn't very comfortable. 

36 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

As funny as that sounds, I'm always more inclined to get myself into a normal 2 seat, put my bag down next to me and have the laptop on top of my lap. Whilst my beer and selected munchy sit on the flip down on the seat next to me. 

I might be outing myself as a bit of a fatty, with my laptop on my lap, I can't get the screen far enough to be comfortable. It's much better on a table, plus you've got somewhere to put your mouse. 

44 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

More leg room! More open / less claustrophobic. Often you only get chargers at tables as well. The 2 person seats are very much like sitting in an aeroplane which isn't very comfortable. 

I might be outing myself as a bit of a fatty, with my laptop on my lap, I can't get the screen far enough to be comfortable. It's much better on a table, plus you've got somewhere to put your mouse. 

^^^ Fatty tights

If my sitting alone at a table prevents a group of 4 from being able to hold an inane conversation for the entire journey, I will consider myself a hero and expect the entire carriage to club together to buy me a medal.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Image result for kenneth williams

4 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Why would you sit at a table as a solo traveller?

If you were working on a laptop and then stopped that is different.

Should a party of 3 avoid the table as well in case four people get on later? Maybe as a solo traveller I should avoid sitting in the airline seat across the aisle from a table in case a group of five comes on.

The bottom line is that if I'm on the train first I have the choice where to sit.

On 16/09/2019 at 08:42, resk said:

Are sound c***s on the train allowed here? Got the train from Huntly for the fitba on Saturday and three folk got on at Insch and sat at my table. Off to town for a day on the booze. They offered me a can of cider and had a good chat.

There you go - solo traveller sitting at a table and everything worked out fine for all concerned.

One utterly abhorrent individual (not me) just coughed up and spat in the aisle, then cleared his nose on the empty seat next to him.
Genuinely got a spiked heart rate seeing this c**t so that, hoping he gets off same stop so I can trip him down the stairs.

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

One utterly abhorrent individual (not me) just coughed up and spat in the aisle, then cleared his nose on the empty seat next to him.
Genuinely got a spiked heart rate seeing this c**t so that, hoping he gets off same stop so I can trip him down the stairs.

^^^Our hero. 

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Or you could set his hair on fire and then give him a bottle of petrol, telling him it's water.

Your choice.

13 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Using a mouse on a laptop. Beast behaviour.

That may or may not be true (my money's on it's not), but I'd wager it's a lot quicker to use a mouse than a touchpad. In fact, the fact that it's called a "touchpad" leads me to believe that that is the preferred control choice of the BEAST. 

6 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

That may or may not be true (my money's on it's not), but I'd wager it's a lot quicker to use a mouse than a touchpad. In fact, the fact that it's called a "touchpad" leads me to believe that that is the preferred control choice of the BEAST. 

The only reason a touch-pad will be slow is if your fingers are sticky. Beast behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

The only reason a touch-pad will be slow is if your fingers are sticky. Beast behaviour.

Hmmm. I looked to see if there was any research done on the subject. The third article will certainly be of interested to all the touchpad wankers ... "Which is better for your wrist"

https://flexispot.com/spine-care-center/trackpad-vs-mouse/

I'm sat at the table for 2 woman comes in and sticks all her bags on the table leaving me the very edge, I have stowed all my bags in the overhead rail, should I get them down and stick them on the table?

IMG_20191218_153608.jpg

7 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I'm sat at the table for 2 woman comes in and sticks all her bags on the table leaving me the very edge, I have stowed all my bags in the overhead rail, should I get them down and stick them on the table?

IMG_20191218_153608.jpg

Yes. Followed by a swift kick in the pie. Seems the appropriate recourse.