The Celtic All Seasons thread

Judging by the release it's clear that this started with the flares at the Hearts game last year and that the banners this week were the final straw.  It's also clear that Lawell and the board are sick and tired of being in trouble with UEFA and paying fines for blatant rules violations

Well done the GB for fucking up safe standing for everyone as we all predicted they would. Not a bad response from the club though.

Anyone know what the specific safety concerns at the Linfield game were?

Don't think they allow safe standing at European games.  

And the charge was for blocking a stairway, due to lateral movement during a chant which sees fans exit their safe standing area and go onto the stairways, which kinda contradicts the 1st part of my post.

12 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Two game ban only?

It's a token gesture. If they wanted to stop them then they could quite easily.
They won't though. The Celtic board love it. The GB will spend more buying Celtic curtains and pyjamas and other Celtic tat than UEFA will hand out in fines.

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Don't think they allow safe standing at European games.  

And the charge was for blocking a stairway, due to lateral movement during a chant which sees fans exit their safe standing area and go onto the stairways, which kinda contradicts the 1st part of my post.

Is it the "The Celtic, the Celtic,we support the Celtic" chant they have a choreographed dance too? Seen them do that from the Jock Stein stand a lot. Looks fucking great when they actually do things to support the team creating a great atmosphere for the rest of the fans, but unfortunately they do go overboard at times, dopey c***s.

12 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

They won't though. The Celtic board love it. The GB will spend more buying Celtic curtains and pyjamas and other Celtic tat than UEFA will hand out in fines.

Sad, but true.

40 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I don't know if it's token as much as a pre-emptive measure.  It's possible UEFA told them to act or else face a stadium ban

The Paradise Fanatics, ffs don't deny it Drew, you're a leading member of that group.  

Ye, I ment 'who' released that statement without running it past me 1st. Wait til we get back to school, a few members will be getting severe wedgies.

Ok, so the GB have got a slap on the wrist from the PLC.

Personally, I think they've overstepped the mark. I also love the atmosphere and enthusiasm they bring to the ground. However, when you start to enforce your views on neutrals thats where you need to draw the line.

I've no bother with freedom of expression, but as a collaborative group they need to respect the views of others.

I'm not offended or embarrassed by their actions, I just feel they need to be more subtle about the point they're attempting to make.

Box clever, and make a statement that reflects the true meaning of their political agenda. Encourage others to get onboard.

5 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Well done the GB for fucking up safe standing for everyone as we all predicted they would.

Not a bad response from the club though.

Anyone know what the specific safety concerns at the Linfield game were?

the standing area has 2,600 in it
900 have been banned