The Celtic All Seasons thread

5 hours ago, G51 said:

Not concerned that you're spending £4m on a years loan for a player that plays in a position of strength for you anyway?

Were not spending 4 million just to get him for a years loan

4 hours ago, G51 said:

Celtic have £33m in the bank and a wage bill of £60m p.a.

If Lawwell wants to preserve that cash balance (and he seems to, for whatever reason) then Celtic either need CL football or a big sale every year.

The last time we had a wage bill of 60 million was for bonuses for getting in to the champions league.

35 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Compared to people he played alongside. There have been players come to Scotland from a higher level than Duffy was at and flop yet he's being made out to be the messiah. 

Players playing at a higher level than English Premier League and have come to Scotland and flopped. 

you have me intrigued, care to name one? The only comparable player i can recall recently would be Benkovic who if we put injuries aside done well for us. 

Edited by Jinky67

50 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Why wouldnt it be?

Or are we to judge someone based on comments made when he was an immature young man? I'll assume he like many of us have used such language in the past and we have since grown up and now understand it to be unacceptable as times have changed and we become more inclusive.

It wasn't acceptable in 2012 when he made his bigoted comments,  says a lot you too.

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

It wasn't acceptable in 2012 when he made his bigoted comments,  says a lot you too.

In 2012 he would have been 19 or 20 so an immature young man.

Now i dont believe for a second you haven't said things at that age that were unacceptable or bigoted and you now look back on with regret and with a better understanding as to why. We all have its part of growing up however judging by your reputation on here id say its a safe bet you have regularly blotted your copy book.

The fact no other comments have been made since then suggest he has learned, grown up and should be afforded an opportunity. 

Edited by Jinky67

I'm assuming with this signing Celtic will be moving back to a 3-5-2 like they finished last season with.
It'll be interesting to see how this impacts the games between us. Rangers seem to have found a system that works well against Celtic, so I'm wondering if that will now change if they go with a 3-5-2.

I personally would welcome a change to 3-5-2.
I think it offers more threat and compliments the players we currently have.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

No, a higher level than annual relegation fodder Brighton. 

Boerrigter. 

No matter the club the intimation that the Eredivisie is at a comparable level to the Premier League is a significant stretch.

And no matter your opinion of Duffy and how he compares he improves upon what we have

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Were not spending 4 million just to get him for a years loan

The last time we had a wage bill of 60 million was for bonuses for getting in to the champions league.

Widely reported that you're paying a £2m loan fee plus his wages of £40k/week.

And in FY19, Celtic's wage bill was £59m.

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No matter the club the intimation that the Eredivisie is at a comparable level to the Premier League is a significant stretch.

That's probably why you're the only one talking about it. 

I don't think Duffy is an improvement on what you already have either. 

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Its £25k of his £45k we are paying

I struggle to believe that Brighton had the opportunity of getting rid of his wages through a permanent sale, but decided to take on nearly half of it for no obvious benefit to them.

But there's no point debating this really as we'll never know for sure. And I've already broken my promise not to talk about this anymore.

Widely reported that you're paying a £2m loan fee plus his wages of £40k/week.
And in FY19, Celtic's wage bill was £59m.
I though you said earlier today you'd say no more about it?

And yet here you are STILL seething about the 9* in a row champions spending money?