The Celtic All Seasons thread

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I never realised there was a cap on how many virtual tickets you could sell. I see Celtic are once again stopping away fans from watching the game on Saturday. 

What's the worry here? Is the equipment they use not upto it? 

There isn't a cap, except for games which are shown live on Sky. Rangers have happily broadcast to away fans at a tenner a pop without any problems.  Celtic's issue is essentially that they've charged their own season ticket holders through the nose for a season ticket with no other benefits and now don't want to devalue that by allowing folk to be able to pay for individual matches. It's very much profit over people for Scotland's Toriest club.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You think Taylor is a satisfactory replacement for KT ? I’m surprised at that mate - I think there is a huge gulf in ability between the two of them.

Whilst he is never going to be as good as KT I don't mind Taylor that much, a lot of fans don't really rate him however. I think he has been fine and looks to have bulked up a wee bit too. We still need another left back regardless though with Boli being punted.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Kieran Tierney is one of the best left-backs in the world, it is basically impossible for Celtic to replace him with someone of the same quality, because anyone that good wouldn't want to sign for them.

I've never understood why people can't grasp that replacing an established £20m (or whatever relative to the club) player with an as yet undiscovered £20m player is actually quite difficult.

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Whilst he is never going to be as good as KT I don't mind Taylor that much, a lot of fans don't really rate him however. I think he has been fine and looks to have bulked up a wee bit too. We still need another left back regardless though with Boli being punted.

I don’t think Taylor is a bad player but I think replacing players like KT and Forster with guys like Taylor and Barkas will have an impact on the team. Not to mention BR with Lennon.

You will still have more than enough to win the league comfortably as you still have some very, very good Premier League players but it’s impacting European performance.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Kieran Tierney is one of the best left-backs in the world, it is basically impossible for Celtic to replace him with someone of the same quality, because anyone that good wouldn't want to sign for them.

Yes, it’s about having a really good lad to promote from the academy or unearthing a gem from elsewhere which is really difficult and takes an element of luck too.

53 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes, it’s about having a really good lad to promote from the academy or unearthing a gem from elsewhere which is really difficult and takes an element of luck too.

The next two are Frimpong and Mikey Johnston hopefully, KT was a once in a generation player any fan on here comparing Taylor to KT hasn't got a clue.
Barkas looks a very decent keeper,I like the way he wants to start the play again hes quick and up looking for options.
Lennon's recruitment is already better than BR's plus the way he wants Celtic to play is better to watch. 

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The next two are Frimpong and Mikey Johnston hopefully, KT was a once in a generation player any fan on here comparing Taylor to KT hasn't got a clue.
Barkas looks a very decent keeper,I like the way he wants to start the play again hes quick and up looking for options.
Lennon's recruitment is already better than BR's plus the way he wants Celtic to play is better to watch. 

Not seen a lot of Johnston. Frimpong is exciting to watch going forward and looks very, very fast which is really important in the modern game - can’t judge him defensively as I’ve not seen him vs decent opposition.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not seen a lot of Johnston. Frimpong is exciting to watch going forward and looks very, very fast which is really important in the modern game - can’t judge him defensively as I’ve not seen him vs decent opposition.

For me Frimpong is more of a wing back than a right back,at 19 he still has a lot to learn his final ball needs to get better plus his pace gets him out of trouble when he gets caught out of position but with more games and developing his talent he is top draw.
On the other side Johnston can be as good as McGeady was, if he gets over his injury problems and gets a run in the team he is just as exciting as Frimpong.

If we tie Frimpong down for long enough, We are going to get some serious cash for him. To be as good as he is now at 19 is frightening and he's got a good attitude. 

As for Johnston he certainly is a talent but cant seem to keep himself fit for more than half a dozen games, hard to predict how he will turn out.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As for Johnston he certainly is a talent but cant seem to keep himself fit for more than half a dozen games, hard to predict how he will turn out.

Forrest was the same coming through never fit hamstrings, weak ankles lack of consistency it's a trait for these type of players.

34 minutes ago, gannonball said:

If we tie Frimpong down for long enough, We are going to get some serious cash for him. To be as good as he is now at 19 is frightening and he's got a good attitude. 

It’s a pity he’s not a regular in the Dutch International Youth set ups given their excellent reputation for supporting the development of young talent.