The Celtic All Seasons thread

44 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

He can't....so instead will employ an amusing little 'cartoon' of Barack Obama looking perplexed. 

No mate that’s just for you due to the fact you continually post utter nonsense

21 hours ago, David1979 said:

Seeing in the Italian media that Luis Enrique has knocked back Napoli as his agent believes an English Premier League club is his next destination imminently. Maybe Ange isn't leaving after all?

Independant site saying a shortlist of three, Ange, Marco Silva and Enrique.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

You found it amusing when he arrived so not much changes then 😉

It was a more a general point but I remember you dishing out strikes when we lost to Hearts and having a wee chuckle 😉

37 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Independant site saying a shortlist of three, Ange, Marco Silva and Enrique.

Yeah it seems the London media has a different view. Still citing other names especially as it appears Enrique is going to rebuke Napoli and significant fan resistance.

17 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Ange didn’t come here claiming himself a lifelong fan like Rodgers did, he has come in and done a great job and if he does go he goes having proved a lot of experts in Scottish football wrong. I hope and still thinks he stays as there is an element of EPL snobbery that means they often look past managers up here nevermind one is also an Antipodean and in this case I hope they do however wouldn’t hold it against him if he does go.

As for a replacement Rodgers is a no go for me, it’s a step backwards and that didn’t work with Lennon so let’s not do that again. I would want someone like Kjetil Knutsen 

They aren't experts.

He’s bound to be interested.

Like it or not, the snobbery of the English towards Scottish football means he won’t get a bigger club in the EPL, Spurs usually being a top 6 club.

It’ll be a tough job though.

A lot of Spurs fans won’t want him, so he’d need to have a good start.
Harry Kane almost certainly going to leave, and a poor squad needing totally gutted, with a Chairman who’s not the most generous with money.

But, looking in from the outside, I’d be resigned to him going if I was a Celtic fan. Postecoglou will know he’s not likely to get a better chance in the EPL.

Replace him with Kjetil Knutsen. 

5 hours ago, AJF said:

True. The cracks were beginning to show.

We drew with Motherwell and Beale had the chance to put a bit of pressure on, and lost to Aberdeen the next day, then a week later we dumped you out the cup, ending your season. Those cracks eh. 

6 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

We drew with Motherwell and Beale had the chance to put a bit of pressure on, and lost to Aberdeen the next day, then a week later we dumped you out the cup, ending your season. Those cracks eh. 

He is clearly worried and is taking his first opportunity to run, IMO.

4 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

This is as good a move as postegcoglu could hop for, no manager in the Scottish game is turning that down, will be interesting to see how he gets on when he doesn't have a budgets more than most of the league combined, will any players go with him? 

Yeah he should take the job as quickly as possible in case Levy changes his mind. 

I have literally no idea if he would be any good. Spurs and Celtic are two completely different jobs with massively different expectations 

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Like it or not, the snobbery of the English towards Scottish football means he won’t get a bigger club in the EPL, Spurs usually being a top 6 club.

Harry Kane almost certainly going to leave, and a poor squad needing totally gutted, with a Chairman who’s not the most generous with money.

But, looking in from the outside, I’d be resigned to him going if I was a Celtic fan. Postecoglou will know he’s not likely to get a better chance in the EPL.

I agree with you - I think he will go. You seem to have totally accepted it and are already moving on.

You’ve mentioned Knutsen a few times. Do you think he’ll keep you on the same road or do you think he’ll have different ideas ?

I think he’d be a good appointment for you, if Postecoglu leaves of course, as he plays good football. I also think he’d improve your European record.

4 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Unfortunately that’s our place in the food chain, anyone without links to Celtic joins us cause they have ambitions to play/manage in the EPL. And with our track record we’re an attractive option, one of the best outside the top 5 leagues. Plus being domestically dominant, 60,000 fans and guaranteed CL football I’m sure we’ll be able to attract a decent replacement, unless Peter has something to say about it. 

An attractive opportunity for any manager with ambition. 

My only concern is Celtic will get nowhere near the consistency or performance with the same squad of players and system under a different manager. 
Which will undoubtedly affect our ability to sell on players for fees they deserve and the club need to replace. 

38 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I agree with you - I think he will go. You seem to have totally accepted it and are already moving on.

You’ve mentioned Knutsen a few times. Do you think he’ll keep you on the same road or do you think he’ll have different ideas ?

I think he’d be a good appointment for you, if Postecoglu leaves of course, as he plays good football. I also think he’d improve your European record.

He’s an Aberdeen fan 🤣

On Knutsen I’d have him in a second however he’s being strongly touted for Ajax.  

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Why exactly would Spurs be keen to recruit Postecoglou ?  No harm to the guy, but you don't need to be an English snob to recognise that he's shooting fish in a barrel in Scotland, with his only realistic rival lying comatose in the corner.

If I was Daniel Levy I'd be considering the case of the last guy who left Glasgow for the English Premiership; whatever happened to Steven Gerrard anyway ?