The Celtic All Seasons thread

I've to this story before but my mate got Dermot when he was chauffeuring at an Open a few years back now. The guy got in his car and every single time he went to leave, dropped my mate a £50 note. No matter if it was 10miles or 100mtrs. £50 note each time.

Is there a worry between Celtic fans he might take some players with him? I could only really see Hatate interesting him.

5 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I've to this story before but my mate got Dermot when he was chauffeuring at an Open a few years back now. The guy got in his car and every single time he went to leave, dropped my mate a £50 note. No matter if it was 10miles or 100mtrs. £50 note each time.

Is there a worry between Celtic fans he might take some players with him? I could only really see Hatate interesting him.

Not really. Hatate is maybe the only one, he'll end up down south soon regardless with rumours of interest from Brighton. Kyogo would bang them in with better players finding his runs but he's not going there at his age and with the money we'd want.

CCV is our other stand out player, he's been at Spurs and wasn't rated so that wouldn't get the fans on board. Boy Paul O'Keefe who knows everything at Spurs mentioned Jota but think that was only his personal choice as to who he'd like to see.

It's at that point near the two year mark where we start to move players on anyway, but think Ange will be shopping in a different market now.

Edited by Fratelli

13 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Not so much a worry he will take players with him however this is a squad built by Ange and very much to suit him however Hatate would be the obvious one I agree. My big worry is how it unsettles the squad so Callum McGregor has a big part to play this summer 

Jota has made an interesting post on instagram where many are reading between the lines thinking it’s a goodbye post

Edited by Jinky67

4 hours ago, gannonball said:

Are they? Rodgers was spitting the dummy out at his last transfer window with us signing players he didn't know or need. We don't have a DoF so it was obvious as to who he was alluding to. 

Most players or managers will see us as a stepping zone these days to the EPL, this isn't news to the vast majority of our fans.

You’ll know better than me but I assumed his invites to attend matches had started since Lawell returned to prominence?

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You’ll know better than me but I assumed his invites to attend matches had started since Lawell returned to prominence?

He's been back a few times over the years but would imagine being out a job would afford him more time of late to do so. He wasn't really backed the last 2 windows he had with us which is why I'm guessing him and Peter aren't as tight as you made out.

25 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Not really. Hatate is maybe the only one, he'll end up down south soon regardless with rumours of interest from Brighton. Kyogo would bang them in with better players finding his runs but he's not going there at his age and with the money we'd want.

CCV is our other stand out player, he's been at Spurs and wasn't rated so that wouldn't get the fans on board. Boy Paul O'Keefe who knows everything at Spurs mentioned Jota but think that was only his personal choice as to who he'd like to see.

It's at that point near the two year mark where we start to move players on anyway, but think Ange will be shopping in a different market now.

Kyogo is class but I think he could struggle as he's not the quickest.

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He's been back a few times over the years but would imagine being out a job would afford him more time of late to do so. He wasn't really backed the last 2 windows he had with us which is why I'm guessing him and Peter aren't as tight as you made out.

Like I said you’ll know better than me mate. So that’s him 100% ruled out then ?

Spurs' squad is incredibly unsuited to what Postecoglou's been doing up here, but if it gets rebuilt like Celtic's did in 2021 then he's definitely capable of turning Spurs into what they should be: a hair ruffle of a team who you enjoy watching but are never scared of. 

21 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Kyogo is class but I think he could struggle as he's not the quickest.

Reckon he'd get bounced about as well.

They're units down there and he's a complete lightweight.

Edited by Richie

51 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I could see him going for Hatate and Kyogo. 

Celtic are far ahead of everyone in this league, but if I was a Celtic supporter I wouldn't worry about any of the club's players going to Spurs. None of them would cut it in the top three quarters of the EPL.

1 hour ago, Fratelli said:

The word is that we've enquired about Potter. Likely get a polite knock back but is at least some indicator that we're aiming high.

Potter would be great but unsure if he would be within what we could budget for.

I see Jan Aage Fjortoft is on twitter tagging Celtic to get Knutsen before Ajax does. 

Edited by Jinky67